✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on 60 Minutes | Sunday 8 Feb | 7pm ET/PT on CBS [FULL VIDEO IN FIRST POST]

Christa42

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna know more about 2 & 7...

2. Production must be amazing, rich but with spac- ....overlayered, less tracks, more quality, groove .....swing. drums/rhythm are the most crucial thing to concentrate on...

7. Groove and swing, rhythms and sounds must al- ...original as possible. Once jon has melody, twist it and wei- ....

I reckon Guy and Will drew up these rules ...:D

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml[/url] on Sunday. You can watch the video below...

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=308

<embed width="370" height="361" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="link=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4784037n&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=WCv84JhaAGibKDy_zHNZBwcbR3vUMH0q&partner=newsembed&autoPlayVid=false&prevImg=http://thumbnails.cbsig.net/CBS_Production_News/980/30/60_Coldplay_0208_480x360.jpg" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf/rcpHolderCbs-prod.swf"></embed>

Thanks for the vid ! Isn't it possible to download it? I love that interview !;)

I wanna know more about 2 & 7...

2. Production must be amazing, rich but with spac- ....overlayered, less tracks, more quality, groove .....swing. drums/rhythm are the most crucial thing to concentrate on...

7. Groove and swing, rhythms and sounds must al- ...original as possible. Once jon has melody, twist it and wei- ....

I reckon Guy and Will drew up these rules ...:D

mehahaahah prolly when they kicked Chris out of the bakery they put those few new rules up :P

OMG. ok, sorry for the double post, but i just wet myself laughing.

i just checked my (non-uni) email for the first time today, and i had two new emails, both from my elderly (late 60's) aunts, both pertaining to 60 minutes/the grammys.

the first older aunt: "chris martin is a lovely man...i didn't know he was married to gwinith paltrow [sic], but he is REMARKABLE, as was their performance at the grammys, which i just had to watch after seeing their segment on 60 minutes."

the second, slightly younger aunt: "I watched the Grammy Awards last night and saw Coldplay. That lead singer sure is a hot dude. Did you notice when he was going up all those stairs, he only took two steps. Love the way he moves. If I was 45 years younger I would be on their website. When he spoke he even seemed like a real nice guy. On accepting an award another band member said thank you to everyone on Coldplay's web site, I think he was talking to you."

i died laughing at the "that lead singer sure is one hot dude" and "love the way he moves," but jeez, she doesn't even know about coldplaying, nor that i'm on it, and she was STILL somewhat picking up on the fact that will might have meant to say "coldplayING.com" rather than just "coldplay.com" :freak:. they also both loved the song(s), BTW.

anyway, those emails just made my day. i think i bust some vital organ laughing. maybe i shouldn't copy and paste emails without the sender's consent, but that was too priceless not to share.

i just checked my (non-uni) email for the first time today, and i had two new emails, both from my elderly (late 60's) aunts....

That is very very cute. :)

My mom too, called just now and said, "I saw Coldplay on 60 minutes last night--" and went on to tell me how she couldn't decide if she should call me, because either I knew they were on and she might interrupt, or maybe I didn't know! Of course, I did. But she also said Chris seemed "very nice" and I said "yes, yes he is." ;)

btw, time for some new underpants there if you were being literal. I loved the fact that Chris said "underpants" in the video instead of "underwear." For some reason "underpants" is 800% as funny. Why is that?

A friend at work had called me during the interview to tell me it was. I muted the phone and kept watching....

Anyway today I went to her desk to thank her and she said "Have you ever noticed how blue the singer's eyes are...oh my GAWD."

I am getting her really hooked on them. LOL She wants to go see them as soon as wel can now too.

The 60 minuets interview was so great! :D

Chris Martin's rush of blood to the head

LA Notebook: The mystery of Coldplay's publicity strategy - and of Chesley Sullenberger's secret regrets

Chris Martin, of Coldplay, is a right old plonker, isn't he? There he was, in an interview with 60 Minutes after the Grammy Awards on Sunday night, explaining a sign on his studio wall that reads: “ALWAYS KEEP MYSTERY - not many interviews.” It wasn't clear if Martin had planned to reveal this edict (one of ten on a sheet of laser-printed A4 spotted by the CBS camera crew), but after reading it aloud he seemed to realise what he had done. “I feel like I've just shown you my underpants,” he groaned.

If it's any consolation for Martin, I felt like I'd just seen his underpants.

What kind of a masochist would keep telling himself not to do interviews, and then - doh! - do an interview revealing - double-doh! - that he keeps telling himself not to do interviews, because they destroy the “mystery” of Coldplay's carefully managed brand? Somewhere on Sunday night, a publicist's forehead must have been making violent impact with a breezeblock wall.

What's more, the interview did exactly what Martin feared: assailing us with more unflattering and mystery-destroying details about Coldplay, including those extraordinary plagiarism claims (one of which, from the guitarist Joe Satriani, looks particularly troublesome) and rumours about the health of Martin's marriage to Gwyneth Paltrow - rumours that he utterly failed to put to rest by gritting his teeth when the subject was brought up, and then mentioning that he could use such an opportunity to walk out.

But Chris, I wanted to shout at him, you knew this would happen! That's why you put that bloody sign on your wall!

Many in the music business would argue that personal minutiae about artists help to sell records. Even the Grammy organisers seem to buy into this: hence our learning on Sunday night that the singers Chris Brown and Rihanna had cancelled their appearances because they had become involved in a domestic altercation. Personally, however, I think that turning musicians into glorified reality-show contestants is dangerous - as dangerous for the business, perhaps, as all those illegal file-sharing websites. If you don't believe me, try listening to a Michael Jackson album - it's hard, very hard, now that you know about the sleepovers.

Rock music needs mystery like movies need suspension of disbelief. In the short term, any publicity might be lucrative publicity. But it won't last, especially when the message can no longer be controlled, as happened with Jackson and countless others.

I suggest that Martin takes down that note on his studio wall and prints it out again - this time using a bigger font.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/chris_ayres/article5697001.ece

i just checked my (non-uni) email for the first time today, and i had two new emails, both from my elderly (late 60's) aunts, both pertaining to 60 minutes/the grammys.

the first older aunt: "chris martin is a lovely man...i didn't know he was married to gwinith paltrow [sic], but he is REMARKABLE, as was their performance at the grammys, which i just had to watch after seeing their segment on 60 minutes."

the second, slightly younger aunt: "I watched the Grammy Awards last night and saw Coldplay. That lead singer sure is a hot dude. Did you notice when he was going up all those stairs, he only took two steps. Love the way he moves. If I was 45 years younger I would be on their website. When he spoke he even seemed like a real nice guy. On accepting an award another band member said thank you to everyone on Coldplay's web site, I think he was talking to you."

i died laughing at the "that lead singer sure is one hot dude" and "love the way he moves," but jeez, she doesn't even know about coldplaying, nor that i'm on it, and she was STILL somewhat picking up on the fact that will might have meant to say "coldplayING.com" rather than just "coldplay.com" :freak:. they also both loved the song(s), BTW.

anyway, those emails just made my day. i think i bust some vital organ laughing. maybe i shouldn't copy and paste emails without the sender's consent, but that was too priceless not to share.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Oh god the differences in the emails yet the closeness in their actual age :laugh3:

the second after the interview was over last night, my phone rang and it was my mom, gushing over how cute chris is :wacky:. she always makes fun of my obsession (and i, in turn, make fun of her eddie vedder obsession), but when it comes down to it, she thinks he's lovely too :P

even my mum said the same thing

When he was giving the speech for "the best rock album" and he compared the band to limestone n then he got confused and returned to his seat,my mum said"awww...he is so cute"

I love my mum:D

n then during the vlv performance,she said ........wow,he is so lightfooted for a six foot guy.Its all because of the yoga:smug:

Hey all :)

... just read the excerpt from the Times Online , (that was enough for me .. could see it sucked) :whatever:

but the interview on 60 mins. was GREAT .. and they were just AWESOME at the Grammys :dance: :clap: :clap:

I had recorded it all & made 2 of my sons sit with me & watch it later :thumbsup: :wink3: :laugh3:

They aren't the biggest Coldplay fans, but they cracked up watching & listening to Chris. He is definately very charming, cute & charasmatic ( all 4 of them too ) .. & would be an awesome stand up act (imo) :jester: :sunny:

CONGRATS GUYS!!!!! on the 3 Grammys ... To me you DESERVED all 7... & MOST DEFINATELY should have brought home 5!! :heart: :drummer: :guitarist: :dance:

Guest kmm1482

This dickhead needs to shut the fuck up. I hate it when people try to be cool and hate Coldplay. "you know how cool I am!?" "how cool are you?" "I'm so cool, I hate Coldplay!" "Wooooow! That's REALLY cool!!"

This dickhead needs to shut the fuck up. I hate it when people try to be cool and hate Coldplay. "you know how cool I am!?" "how cool are you?" "I'm so cool, I hate Coldplay!" "Wooooow! That's REALLY cool!!"

Oh yes, I totally agree. I hate people doing that :veryangry2:

OMG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much for sharing Chels!!!!

I almost spilled my morning coffee all over my keyboard reading your post, your aunts are hillarious!!! :D

I wish i had cool aunts like yours..... :nice:

And the "that lead singer sure is one hot dude" comment is pure genious!!!!! :lol: