✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

AHHH!!! ONLY 2 DAYS!!! I cannot even believe it!! I just got out of class...my husband and I fly out tomorrow morning to spend the day at the beach, then with our boys Saturday night. I'll be wearing my DAAHF white t-shirt and I'll be in section A2, row 19. I'm super short with short brown hair and my husband is super tall with brown hair. I know those are both very vague descriptions, but if you see us, say hello!! I hope to get to meet some West Coast Coldplayers!! :D SOOOO EXCITEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all in two days!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEE!!!!!! Hell I don't squee but here I am doing it :lol: After waiting FOREVER for this day to get here it's finally here and I can't believe it either :D. I'll be in A2 also row 9. I'm super short too, brown hair, glasses, I'll be wearing my white X&Y tour T, my blk Viva one too hot I think for Sat :thinking: but it's just me, so I'll mosey on over and say hello!!! West Coast Coldplayer, i don't know does Vegas count as one :rolleyes:, will be in the house !!!! hope to see all of you there !!!

EDIT-- Oh I just read in the live thread for tonights show that someone gave away SIGNED copies of LRLRL to the first 5 people in line :bomb: not sure if for the pit or just the first 5 people in line period !!

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I won't be getting there quite that early because I was not lucky enough to get pit, but I'll be there later on if anyone wants to say hi, I'll be wearing my black Coldplay shirt and jean shorts, I'm also only fifteen and I have redish brown hair.

:)

Just so you are aware...you will not be allowed any access to the parking lot or the stadium before 7am. Showing up at 6am would mean you'd have to drive around for an hour before hand then have access to the parking lot. If you don't believe me call the number listed a few posts ago.

I'm showing up at 10am and i really doubt that many people will be in line in front of me...

I'll bring sunblock and snacks to share with those who are waiting in line with me :)

Just so you are aware...you will not be allowed any access to the parking lot or the stadium before 7am. Showing up at 6am would mean you'd have to drive around for an hour before hand then have access to the parking lot. If you don't believe me call the number listed a few posts ago.

I'm showing up at 10am and i really doubt that many people will be in line in front of me...

I'll bring sunblock and snacks to share with those who are waiting in line with me :)

@scottish You are the man !!! :D thanks for getting all the info for us :cool:

Anyone have any idea on the camera policy? According to the website, they don't allow professional equipment at the events, so I'm assuming a standard digital camera would be fine. Just hoping the rules don't change for non-sporting events. I've got the GA tickets as well, and the last thing I want to do is stand in line for 10 hours only to be told I have to run to the car and ditch the camera before I'm allowed in...

http://homedepotcenter.com/contentright.php?section=guestservices&page=eventpolicies#photography

@labrat2001

No problem!! I want to make this concert experiance enjoyable for the hard core coldplay fans (like myself and my fiancee) and not the loosers who are going just because. I'll call again tomorrow morning and post any updates :cool:

My view is this....if enough of us band together we should all be able to get a front row view of the stage and not have to deal with line cutter sor those idiots who try to push their way to the front after we wait in line all day. Also, the more people in a group the better the experiance is for everyone!

As far as camera policy, as long as its not professional i believe it will be okay. Last year when i went to see Coldplay at the Forum and at Honda Center my fiancee hid the camera in her purse under some tampons and had no problems getting it in:D

Hope to see everyone at 10am on Saturday morning. I'm a white 5'8, 200lbs or so , guy with a buzzcut and I'll be with my fiancee who is latino with brown hair.

Look for us and lets band together to make this the best coldplay concert for all us hardcore fans because who knows when they will be back next...

Hi guys, as you can see, my name is Zj23

I'm only 17 and going with my other friend to this concert. We first had berm seats, and decided to sell them on StubHub, hoping to get better seats for the Irvine show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. But miraculously enough we got a pretty decent profit from that, and decided to just do it and we got GA Pit tickets from stubhub as well for this show. They were e-tickets for GA2, and the seat is all numbered with row number and everything. does that mean that we arent in the pit!? and is there a chance that the seller would just use the same seats so that our tickets would be invalid? im concerned about that.

i've been avidly reading this thread as a guest since mid February, when talks for Pre sale tickets were starting. I was super bummed out in November that I missed their show at the Honda Center in Anaheim, so i jumped upon the chance to go to this one. I do have some questions though.

1. Seeing this is a concert with more than twenty thousand attending in a city rather close to Compton, which mind you that is pretty freakin unsafe, my friend and i were worrying if two minor kids would be in danger of any sorts. i know this may sound super wimpy of us, but we do need to take proper precautions, both of us have never been to a big concert, and alone at that, and in the pit.

2. Are there any mosh pits? and how rowdy can the pit get at a coldplay concert? This question is more for my friend who is kinda super worried about this. I think since its a coldplay is a band that doesnt resort to unnecessary screaming in their songs and is quite a soft band, that mosh pits and interactions with drunk idiots wont happen. can anyone reassure us? like all of you, i'm dying to get in front at this concert. my friend hasnt listened to much of coldplay, and i pushed him to go with me so that he becomes a die hard fan like me and all of you! :lol:

3. Unfortunately my friend and i wont be able to get there before ten am. we live about fourtyfive minutes away from carson, and neither of us can drive. Is it possible that we can still get in the front? possibly keeping in contact with other friendly coldplayers? :)

4. when do you think this concert would be over?

5. can we take backpacks with us to the pit to bring snacks and whatever/possibly hold glow sticks, and a tour shirt that i want to buy.

6. since were in the ga pit, and we will have to get there rather early to stay in line, do you think it would be impossible to get out of line and get band merchandise, like a tour shirt or something of the sorts?

7. what do you guys think of the opening acts? i tried to tolerate them on youtube, and i failed to say the least haha.

I really hope i didnt bother any of you guys with this essay. this is about all ive been wanting to say since feb, just havent really had the guts or was just too lazy :P

Thanks a ton if you do answer my questions! I will be asking around if anyone is a coldplayer, and would love to stick around with the coldplayer message board posse!

Zj23

Hi guys, as you can see, my name is Zj23

I'm only 17 and going with my other friend to this concert. We first had berm seats, and decided to sell them on StubHub, hoping to get better seats for the Irvine show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. But miraculously enough we got a pretty decent profit from that, and decided to just do it and we got GA Pit tickets from stubhub as well for this show. They were e-tickets for GA2, and the seat is all numbered with row number and everything. does that mean that we arent in the pit!? and is there a chance that the seller would just use the same seats so that our tickets would be invalid? im concerned about that.

i've been avidly reading this thread as a guest since mid February, when talks for Pre sale tickets were starting. I was super bummed out in November that I missed their show at the Honda Center in Anaheim, so i jumped upon the chance to go to this one. I do have some questions though.

1. Seeing this is a concert with more than twenty thousand attending in a city rather close to Compton, which mind you that is pretty freakin unsafe, my friend and i were worrying if two minor kids would be in danger of any sorts. i know this may sound super wimpy of us, but we do need to take proper precautions, both of us have never been to a big concert, and alone at that, and in the pit.

2. Are there any mosh pits? and how rowdy can the pit get at a coldplay concert? This question is more for my friend who is kinda super worried about this. I think since its a coldplay is a band that doesnt resort to unnecessary screaming in their songs and is quite a soft band, that mosh pits and interactions with drunk idiots wont happen. can anyone reassure us? like all of you, i'm dying to get in front at this concert. my friend hasnt listened to much of coldplay, and i pushed him to go with me so that he becomes a die hard fan like me and all of you! :lol:

3. Unfortunately my friend and i wont be able to get there before ten am. we live about fourtyfive minutes away from carson, and neither of us can drive. Is it possible that we can still get in the front? possibly keeping in contact with other friendly coldplayers? :)

4. when do you think this concert would be over?

5. can we take backpacks with us to the pit to bring snacks and whatever/possibly hold glow sticks, and a tour shirt that i want to buy.

6. since were in the ga pit, and we will have to get there rather early to stay in line, do you think it would be impossible to get out of line and get band merchandise, like a tour shirt or something of the sorts?

7. what do you guys think of the opening acts? i tried to tolerate them on youtube, and i failed to say the least haha.

I really hope i didnt bother any of you guys with this essay. this is about all ive been wanting to say since feb, just havent really had the guts or was just too lazy :P

Thanks a ton if you do answer my questions! I will be asking around if anyone is a coldplayer, and would love to stick around with the coldplayer message board posse!

Zj23

I'll answer these as best as i can.:)

1.I think you should be fine once you're in the venue, you know just don't talk to anyone who is acting strange or anything like that.

2.When I went to the concert at the Honda Center last year there were no mosh pits and I haven't heard of a Coldplay concert having a mosh pit so I really doubt there will be one in this concert.

3.Well if you get there at 10am or around there I think you should still be able to get a good spot because not everyone is getting there that early.

4.The concert lasts about an hour and a half to about two hours. Coldplay comes out around nine so it'll be over around 10:30 to 11:00pm.

5.I'm not sure if backpacks are allowed, you should try calling to ask. Purses are allowed.

6.I don't know if once you get your spot on the GA, people will be nice enough to give you your spot back when you return but since you are going with someone they can save your spot and go before Coldplay comes out. I don't remember if they still sold merchandise after the show but i think they did.

7.As for the opening acts, I've never listened to them.

Hope all this helps.

:D

hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.:D I'm just wondering about the seating in the grass berm area, the tickets indicated a seat number but I think it'll be more like the GA area, anyone have any idea if it is assigned seating or not? Also, around what time will the gates to the seats open? I will be there around 3 p.m., that's the earliest I could go since my whole week has been packed with visitors until sunday. Hope to see you guys there!

i still have 2 extra GA e-tickets!

bueller?

Oh, I would so love to be in the pit, but I have tix in E2, so those are ok. I can't get there until about 6:30pm anyway - my daughter has a 4:45 tournament soccer game, and I have to be there for that. I just hope parking won't be a nightmare that late, I may spring for VIP parking.

Good luck to all you Pit People. Drink lots of water in line!

Grass Berm seating info.

hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster.:D I'm just wondering about the seating in the grass berm area, the tickets indicated a seat number but I think it'll be more like the GA area, anyone have any idea if it is assigned seating or not? Also, around what time will the gates to the seats open? I will be there around 3 p.m., that's the earliest I could go since my whole week has been packed with visitors until sunday. Hope to see you guys there!

I called the Home Depot Center box office this morning and was told that the Grass Berm area is first come, first serve. Gates will open at 6 p.m. to be let into the stadium, but the parking lots open much earlier. Blankets are allowed by the way.

I'm psyching myself up watching/listening to my Coldplay Live DVD 2003. I'm going to the show with my wife and 13 year old stepdaughter. Enjoy the show!

I asked the same question the other day, as their website seems to indicate that nonprofessional cameras are allowed, and the general consensus here seems to be that standard digital cameras are fine. I'll be there in the morning tomorrow, and I plan on finding someone who works there and asking them in person, just in case.