✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called and the woman told me to enter through the north side of the stadium ( opposite the stage) and the bracelets would be handed out there. She also said that wouldn't occur until the gates opened at 6 pm. I'll call back on Friday to see if anything changes.

That would make sense as I was told to enter through gates A or B, which would lead to the North side (the side with the grass berm) of the stadium. I guess everyone who has a GA ticket should just line up and wait until 6pm to get their braclet then head to the pit as quick as possible. However, it would seem silly to me to hand out the braclets on the opposite side of where the GA pit is located...

I don't think that many people will show up at 11am to start waiting anyway...just us hard core fans who are willing to wait that long to see Coldplay.

Only a few days left!

Driving directions for those who live in the South Bay:

190th East

Right on Avalon

Left on Home Depot Center Drive

Parking lot at 7 AM, but GATES open at 6 pm.

Stadium is situated north/south, and the stage is on the south side.

$20 to park general admission; 40 preferred; 80 limo. General and preferred very close together - save your money!

My wife and I will be in the pit section - see you there!

....just wanted to peek in and say:

I am soooo excited, we are leaving out of Kentucky tomorrow for the Carson concert 7/18...

Can't wait to see the boys again. I don't have great seats as before, but my son (10yr) is soooo excited, it will be great from ANY seat!

:D :) :cool:

YAAAAAAAY! I love coldplay!

YaY!

Have fun everyone

I am soooo excited, we are leaving out of Kentucky tomorrow for the Carson concert 7/18...

Can't wait to see the boys again. I don't have great seats as before, but my son (10yr) is soooo excited, it will be great from ANY seat!

YaY!

Have fun everyone

I'm bringing my 13 year old son to this concert - he's very excited, too. But I'm not coming from as far away as you - I'm only about 45 miles away. Do you have other plans out here besides the concert?

Have a great time!

I attempted to call the Home Depot Center this morning and no one picked up...so I'll try again later today.

I found something interesting on the Home Depot Center website though:

"Guests may not bring food and beverage into the facility during events. The only exceptions are small snack items, i.e. small pack of nuts, plastic bottled water candy bars, small bag of chips, etc."

Looks like those of us who are standing in line all day will be allowed to bring bottles of water into the venue and save ourselves the $5 dollar bottle of water. That means that once everyone gets their spot in the pit, no one should have to leave to buy water because we're allowed to bring it in with us.

I'll be printing out that above message and show it to any security gaurd that says no....

YaY!

Have fun everyone

Yay April! :dance: Have so much fun you guys! Can't wait to hear all about it:D

Man, I'm so excited for this show! I'm also happy to hear that gates don't open til 7:30am to begin lining up. I was gonna go friday, but now I'll be able to go to the beach instead! haha.

So is everyone with GA tix pretty much planning on getting there around 7:30 to start lining up? We should bring some games or something. 12 hours in the sun is a long time.

The gates to the parking lot open up at 7am. I think getting there at 7am is a bit much, so I'm planning to arrive between 10am and 11am.

I called back and spoke to someone and he said that the best thing to do is park on the North side of the Stadium (opposite the stage) and stand in line there. When the gates open at 6pm, everyone who has a GA ticket will have to walk down to the field and then go through 3 security checkpoints on the walk to the GA "pit" to make sure they actually have a GA field ticket. When we get to the GA "pit" our tickets will be taken away and we will have a wristband put on. The only way to access the field will be from the North end. We will not be able to enter the field on the East, South, or West sides. If we were to enter the stadium on the East side, we would have to walk to the North side of the stadium to get onto the field.

If you can picture it in your head, imagine standing in line at the North side of the stadium, then going through the gates and walking down to field level. Then once on the field level, we will be heading south toward the stage while going through the checkpoints.

Only 2 days left...

I would assume that we will not be allowed to start lining up until 7am. The parking gates won't open till then and no one will have access to the stadium until then. I mean, if you were to live close by and walked into the stadium, you could probably start lining up earlier.

As far as a designated place to line up, the only thing i got from the phone call was that all GA tickets are supposed to enter from the North Side of the Stadium. I had asked what to do to get the best spot possible, and the gentlemen on the phone said just be at the North Side before 11am, get in line, and wait it out. He said that not very many people show up right at 7am and that most people start arriving around 10am....so that's when I'm going to show up.

My guess is that when a bunch of people start waiting around at the North side, a line will be formed by the security there to advoid any problems.

I hope to meet up with some Coldplayers in line!:cool:

AHHH!!! ONLY 2 DAYS!!! I cannot even believe it!! I just got out of class...my husband and I fly out tomorrow morning to spend the day at the beach, then with our boys Saturday night. I'll be wearing my DAAHF white t-shirt and I'll be in section A2, row 19. I'm super short with short brown hair and my husband is super tall with brown hair. I know those are both very vague descriptions, but if you see us, say hello!! I hope to get to meet some West Coast Coldplayers!! :D SOOOO EXCITEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! See you all in two days!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be happy if i'm one of the first 50 in line. I mean, think about it, the stage is pretty big and it has the cat walks on either side...so if I can get in front of one of the catwalks, or along the edge of one I'd be a happy camper, lol.

I hope to meet some of you in line on Saturday :):)