🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I just woke up & had this dream that I forgot about the concert, and got there late, but somehow ended up in the front surrounded by you guys in the pit! and I had no memory about anything earlier that day & didn't know if we were friends or not. and during lovers in japan, chris martin was lying on the stage right in front of me and pulled me in and I was like on top of him. and when I jumped back into the pit I turned around and we all screamed and jumped up and down.:laugh3: and then I woke up

I think I'm worrying about the pit too much...but all I want is to be inches from chris martin. arg:confused:

I had a Coldplay nightmare a few weeks ago. When I won the contest to meet them, it was back in March. They had no details at all for me, other than I won. They said "don't call us, we'll call you." So I waited from March to July, without hearing anything. You know when you have those dreams that end up being so vivid, that you can remember every detail? Doesn't happen often with me. So one night I dreamed I was at the concert - great seats, singing along, having a great time - and during the concert I remembered that I'd won the contest and the radio station never called me. Then my happy dream turned into a nightmare. I went to security to tell them that I needed to meet the band, too bad lady. I found the radio station tent, and told them, and they told me sorry, they forgot to call me, and that the meet and greet was over, and there's nothing they could do. Then I said, but I made Will a new purple scarf. It was horrible, lol and I jerked awake, and I was sweating and shaking. Dreams can be very powerful. The radio station didn't call me until 2 weeks before the show.

Yay! I leave tomorrow for Atlanta!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribute to Coldplay: Glass of Water

Ele, an young lady in Italy, and a friend of mine on Youtube made this video as a tribute for her one-year anniversary of becoming a Coldplay fan. It captures some of Coldplay's best moments:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXFac7OJEBs]YouTube - Coldplay: ''Glass Of Water'' (my new special video-tribute)[/ame]

I had a Coldplay nightmare a few weeks ago. When I won the contest to meet them, it was back in March. They had no details at all for me, other than I won. They said "don't call us, we'll call you." So I waited from March to July, without hearing anything. You know when you have those dreams that end up being so vivid, that you can remember every detail? Doesn't happen often with me. So one night I dreamed I was at the concert - great seats, singing along, having a great time - and during the concert I remembered that I'd won the contest and the radio station never called me. Then my happy dream turned into a nightmare. I went to security to tell them that I needed to meet the band, too bad lady. I found the radio station tent, and told them, and they told me sorry, they forgot to call me, and that the meet and greet was over, and there's nothing they could do. Then I said, but I made Will a new purple scarf. It was horrible, lol and I jerked awake, and I was sweating and shaking. Dreams can be very powerful. The radio station didn't call me until 2 weeks before the show.

Yay! I leave tomorrow for Atlanta!

I like this dream business. it is funny.

Now I know I'm not the only one having this dreams. :laugh3:

My husband it is giving me a real hard time with my trip. Not nice at all. :cry:

I hope I can make it and go in peace...

i am desperate to sell some two tickets in section 13 row m. if anyone wants them, make me an offer. happy to sell them for significantly less than face value. anything is better than nothing. you can pick them up from me at the show if you like. i am going but i ended up with two extra tickets.

--bigu2fan

[email protected]

i am desperate to sell some two tickets in section 13 row m. if anyone wants them, make me an offer. happy to sell them for significantly less than face value. anything is better than nothing. you can pick them up from me at the show if you like. i am going but i ended up with two extra tickets.

--bigu2fan

[email protected]

If you don't sell them get to the venue early and just walk around holding them up, someone will get them. good luck.

Dianne, Hope you have a good and safe travel, I will call you Sunday when I get to the hotel and see what your up too.:D

Ok it is weird on the live nation map. It shows all low areas pit included to be sold out. Then if you do best av. it comes up with tickets in sec. 1, well like Dianne said, thats pit, right? How weird. People buying them looking at the venue will think they have really good seats then get there and they will be standing, or worse, get there for showtime and be stuck way in the back of pit standing. Thats not right.

If you don't sell them get to the venue early and just walk around holding them up, someone will get them. good luck.

Dianne, Hope you have a good and safe travel, I will call you Sunday when I get to the hotel and see what your up too.:D

Thanks Tracey, of course nothing is totally smooth. Last last night I got an email from my 10year old dd's club soccer team that they were invited last minute to play in a tournament in San Diego this weekend, 60 miles away. My husband is taking a 2. day motorcycle class and I will be on the other side of the country. So I had to ask someone to give her a ride and be responsible for her between games. It's a new team for her and I like the parents but it's hard for me to ask for help. My child, my responsibility. It worked out and I was assured by her coach that it's all good, but I totally stress about stuff like this. Once I get on the plane, I should be fine but I still told them to text me to let me know everything's ok.

Ok it is weird on the live nation map. It shows all low areas pit included to be sold out. Then if you do best av. it comes up with tickets in sec. 1, well like Dianne said, thats pit, right? How weird. People buying them looking at the venue will think they have really good seats then get there and they will be standing, or worse, get there for showtime and be stuck way in the back of pit standing. Thats not right.

I just did that as well, and I got Section 1, Row P, Seat #12...

The reason behind this is that the pit is in the area of sections 1, 2, and 3. But they do not cover the whole three sections, just the front rows of each section. Hence, they can still sell tickets for sections 1,2, and 3 but for the back rows (P,Q,R,S,T,U etc), and they are still at $130.48 each with the fees.

It would be kind of nice to sit that close to the pit, but I am not certain about the height of the three sections together with the pit up front. :\

The reason behind this is that the pit is in the area of sections 1, 2, and 3. But they do not cover the whole three sections, just the front rows of each section. Hence, they can still sell tickets for sections 1,2, and 3 but for the back rows (P,Q,R,S,T,U etc), and they are still at $130.48 each with the fees.

It would be kind of nice to sit that close to the pit, but I am not certain about the height of the three sections together with the pit up front. :\

That is fine with me. A smaller PIT :)

Martinfan, the new seats in sect 1,2 ,3 have numbers. So people won't be standing. Maybe you got your seat somewhere there.

Yeah but those vip boxes are kinda back there

Not really, they're right up front of section 9. You get dead-center view, together with a waiter for drinks, food, and private bathrooms! Oh, and don't forget the space :cool:

Not really, they're right up front of section 9. You get dead-center view, together with a waiter for drinks, food, and private bathrooms! Oh, and don't forget the space :cool:

Maybe the nice people at LIVENATION decided to take some space from section 1-2-3 and make the PIT smaller (for the same amount of people 1,400), just squezze us up. :inquisitive:

Do you think that a company like LiveNation cares about your comfort once you're inside of the pit? They just want your money! :veryangry2:

I hope that there will be no obese people in the pit! Less space! :sick:

Yeah, don't worry, they remove a certain number of rows of seats for the PIT. They did this in Dallas. That's how Angie's Row J (for Jonny of course) ended up being the second row... If it has the section, row, seat it's a seat. If it has GA# it's in the PIT.

Gah, can't believe the last US show is in two days... wish I could go to this one. Or better yet, the Wembley dates :cry:

Yeah, don't worry, they remove a certain number of rows of seats for the PIT. They did this in Dallas. That's how Angie's Row J (for Jonny of course) ended up being the second row... If it has the section, row, seat it's a seat. If it has GA# it's in the PIT.

Gah, can't believe the last US show is in two days... wish I could go to this one. Or better yet, the Wembley dates :cry:

So what's stopping you mister! :angry:

I hope it is cooler in Tampa than Houston.

According to the weather channel it's gonna be 94 degrees in Tampa on Sunday, and with isolated thunderstorms. :dozey:

Of course, California has less humidity than Florida generally. It had been 104 degrees in the Sacramento area the day of the Wheatland concert. I was a little worried about the heat before going to the show because I live in San Francisco and am spoiled by its constant, cool weather. As it turned out it was no problem at all. By the time we arrived, at about 7:30 it had "cooled down" to 94. I was surprised that it didn't seem to be nearly that hot. I was excited just to be there and was in a semi-numb state by the time Coldplay came on, so I didn't even notice the heat. I was too occupied, enthralled by the concert.

RE: the orchestra seats, has anyone been to this venue before who knows what these seats are like? If they are floor level, they might not have the best views with people standing in the pit in front. Though, you can still probably see Coldplay fine, since the stage is elevated. The problem is if people standing right in front of you are taller and block your view. If people would sit down, it helps equalize everyone's height, but that is almost impossible in a concert with a band that excites the crowd as much as Coldplay does. I did my share of jumping up during the exciting parts of the songs, and noticed people behind me who were sitting, who then had to stand. [sorry!]

Tracey, you probably have pit tix. They would have reserved these prior to selling them out. I would not worry about it. Even if they give you orchestra, I think they would be great, as they are floor center seats. I think the orchestra needs to be able to see the stage to know what's going on there and when to play their parts. Either those, or seats in the lower sections. You should be able to see fine.

Hey everyone!

Ok, so I couldn't sell my tickets

but it's fine since my sister was rather against standing-for-hours-in-line thingy for the pit.

I hope our seats in Sec 7 are closer than I think

Also, I'll be getting there around 5 pm since I don't have to wait in line or anything.

mmm....bring an umbrella, it IS going to rain :uhoh:

I'll bring a sign, but I don't know what I'll write on it yet.

The only people I could be able to identify are Techlove and greeneyes

See you soon!!!