✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

5-Jun-2009: Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at work and still so tired. We went and ate after the show and between that and the post show traffic cluster fuck, didn't get home til around 2am. I had to take early flight back to Texas because I had to work tonight, so didn't bother going to bed at all. There were problems with the plane...some shit with the breaks and we took off late. Mike if they had let me use my camera, the Blue Angels we parked out at some hanger and I would have got some pics for you. They were much smaller than I thought they would be.

Any way, I didn't get to bed until after noon and so I'm at work on only about 5 hrs sleep in the last 2 days. I'll be off tomorrow so I can start uploading some pics and videos. I can't see pics or videos at work, so I will have to look at everyone stuff when I get home.

I asked Wayne, the dancing roadie, after the show why he didn't dance during the JayZ and he said because he didn't feel like it that night. :dozey:

That Verizon promtion thing was a royal pain in the ass. :angry: They couldn't even get 100 people with fucking phones. Crazy ass Kelly! First she goes over and rips the Verizon dude a new one because this is such bullshit, then she "rented" a phone from the people setting up the t-shirt stand for $20 and I think at least 8 of us used the same phone to get in the Verizon line. :lol: They didn't even notice that the crazy lady without Verizon service, suddenly had Verizon service and so did all her friends. :lol: They were asking all these lame triva questions, which Kelly went and complained about.....mmmm Kelly remember we don't actually have Verizon phone, so you might want to stop raising hell :lol:, so we started writing the questions ourselves and since no one could answer them, we would then answer them and win the prizes. :laugh3: Then the fucking scanners wouldn't work to read the bar codes on the tickets once the gates were opened. :angry: And everyone working at the venue was like dropped on their head as a child or something because none of them knew the head from the ass. :dozey: Girl at gate: :dizzy: Security people: :dunce: However Mike asked the security guy at the front if we could video stuff and he said as long as you don't have knives or guns, I don't care what you do. :P Except no banners. :whatever:

Hey who did Chris slap hands with? Someone down by Kelly and her hubby.

Gary tried to slap hands with me, but I am a fucking midget and couldn't reach him. :(

Well peeps, finally back from a long day and night with coldplay & lots of COLDPLAYERS!!.

The band was great musically, (if in fact I did think Guy was a little tired/chilled out) & Chris seemed to be going that extra mile to make up for it. His voice sounded fab except for 1 tiny crack - which made him give a little giggle , during 42 I think it was.

After a ridiculous amount of pre-entrance drama, starting with the Verizon cell phone early entrance promotion...."suprise, surprise people who've been waiting in front of the venue for 4-7 hours, you can't go in until the people with Verizon phones get in first!!"

Whaaaaaaaat????????

.... And then my idiotic brain spasm upon losing my ticket 2 minutes before they open the gates.....(no details, I am too embarrassed)

But finally, with an awesome co-operative posse of dedicated people from these boards, we all got into the pit on that front railing!....it definitely pays to have great people from the boards to hang with before the show.

It was like a mini Coldlpaying.com convention (and an awesome preview that Wembley is going to be epic!)

Oh yeah! The bonus of hubbie coming with and dancing his ass off the whole show was sweet too, and he got pretty damn excited when Jonny gave him a high five at the end.

The show as everyone knows was without any set list surprises, and I'm sure there are others who will review with some juicier details--Angie, Lori...???, but I had just as much of a blast hanging out with other coldplayers as I did enjoying the show itself. Good Times, Gooooood Times.

Here's some of the gang and then a few pics from the show...

DSC02731.jpg?t=1244326605

DSC02730.jpg?t=1244327023

DSC02674.jpg?t=1244329616

DSC02725.jpg?t=1244329550

DSC02723-Copy.jpg?t=1244329687

DSC02722.jpg?t=1244329744

DSC02724.jpg?t=1244329895

Haha i think i already know the story. My neighbor who went to the concert with me was telling a story about some girl who lost her ticket right before the show, and where she ended up finding it lol.

I'm at work and still so tired. We went and ate after the show and between that and the post show traffic cluster fuck, didn't get home til around 2am. I had to take early flight back to Texas because I had to work tonight, so didn't bother going to bed at all. There were problems with the plane...some shit with the breaks and we took off late. Mike if they had let me use my camera, the Blue Angels we parked out at some hanger and I would have got some pics for you. They were much smaller than I thought they would be.

Any way, I didn't get to bed until after noon and so I'm at work on only about 5 hrs sleep in the last 2 days. I'll be off tomorrow so I can start uploading some pics and videos. I can't see pics or videos at work, so I will have to look at everyone stuff when I get home.

I asked Wayne, the dancing roadie, after the show why he didn't dance during the JayZ and he said because he didn't feel like it that night. :dozey:

That Verizon promtion thing was a royal pain in the ass. :angry: They couldn't even get 100 people with fucking phones. Crazy ass Kelly! First she goes over and rips the Verizon dude a new one because this is such bullshit, then she "rented" a phone from the people setting up the t-shirt stand for $20 and I think at least 8 of us used the same phone to get in the Verizon line. :lol: They didn't even notice that the crazy lady without Verizon service, suddenly had Verizon service and so did all her friends. :lol: They were asking all these lame triva questions, which Kelly went and complained about.....mmmm Kelly remember we don't actually have Verizon phone, so you might want to stop raising hell :lol:, so we started writing the questions ourselves and since no one could answer them, we would then answer them and win the prizes. :laugh3: Then the fucking scanners wouldn't work to read the bar codes on the tickets once the gates were opened. :angry: And everyone working at the venue was like dropped on their head as a child or something because none of them knew the head from the ass. :dozey: Girl at gate: :dizzy: Security people: :dunce: However Mike asked the security guy at the front if we could video stuff and he said as long as you don't have knives or guns, I don't care what you do. :P Except no banners. :whatever:

Gary tried to slap hands with me, but I am a fucking midget and couldn't reach him. :(

WOW, how are you even functioning? :stunned:

But you all were able to get your banners in, I think :thinking:

From what I read, Jonny gave a high-five to Kelly's husband, and that Liz touched Chris's calf :lol:

No clue of that high-five from Chris :uhoh:

Gary Lightbody tried to slap hands with you!!!!??? :bomb:

(as you can see, I pretty much love him, so I'm kinda dying here reading the review from those in the pit, and drooling over pics and vids of SP :laugh3:)

yep that's me ;)

Could you share it with us, pleeeasse? Take your time if you want :nice:

BY THE WAY....

Icedude: thank you so much! I'm watching the SP vids over and over. I specially like how your camera shaked during Chasing Cars :laugh3:

From what I read, Jonny gave a high-five to Kelly's husband, and that Liz touched Chris's calf :lol:

(as you can see, I pretty much love him, so I'm kinda dying here reading the review from those in the pit, and drooling over pics and vids of SP :laugh3:)

BY THE WAY....

Icedude: thank you so much! I'm watching the SP vids over and over. I specially like how your camera shaked during Chasing Cars :laugh3:

Haha, thanks. I didn't even really realize that I was doing that until I watched the video! I recorded alot of Snow PAtrol b/c I figured plenty of ppl would get Coldplay.

And I was gonna film Crack the Shutters, Open your eyes, and You're all I have, but unfortunately there wasn't enough room on my camera.

By the way, on my pics there is a picture, really zoomed in, of a water bottle and a bottle with and X on it. I speculate that the bottle with the X on it was beer that the Snow Patrol guys took onto stage when they played lol. And Gary walked out with a mug of like tea or something.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDNB1Xh5woo]YouTube - Coldplay Violet Hill ending improv 6/5/09 Indianapolis[/ame]

heres a clip of the end of violet hill with chris' imprv bit on the "indian-ins"

pics are still uploading...yawn...im off to get some food, hopefully they'll be done when i get back.

ps - thanks to ALL of you yesterday, you helped shape what i will call the greatest day of my life to date. thanks so much!

Haha, thanks. I didn't even really realize that I was doing that until I watched the video! I recorded alot of Snow PAtrol b/c I figured plenty of ppl would get Coldplay.

And I was gonna film Crack the Shutters, Open your eyes, and You're all I have, but unfortunately there wasn't enough room on my camera.

By the way, on my pics there is a picture, really zoomed in, of a water bottle and a bottle with and X on it. I speculate that the bottle with the X on it was beer that the Snow Patrol guys took onto stage when they played lol. And Gary walked out with a mug of like tea or something.

Snow Patrol always drink on stage. When they played Houston, I saw a van pull up and unload many many cases of Corona. Then before they came on stage instead of the roadies putting out bottles of water, open bottles of Corona were set out. :P

yes this is all true!! the ppl working there were tards!! :angry: and the stupid no banners or signs was REDICULOUS!!!!:veryangry: they let us go in with them but we had them folded in our bags Lore.....and then once inside this stupid security dude just wanted to push his weight around and told us we had to put them behind the rail and not touch them !!!:dozey::angry::angry::angry:

but whatever!!! Rick, the AWESOME roadie who me and Gianna became friends with (he was the one holding the curtain down on Guy's side b4 they lift it for Violet Hill) he said that was SO stupid that we couldnt hold our signs up for Guy and he even said that if we couldnt hold them up and let Guy see them then he would hold them up us for that Guy knew :smug::smug: Rick was AMAZING! i love him! he was SO surprised tho that we knew who everyone was!:laugh3: i was still flippin' out about the whole Phil thing, and he is like "how do u know who Phil is?!:confused:" hahaha and then we told him who Hoppy was and Franksie and Jackie and he was like "How do you know this?!! U know as much as i do!!!:stunned:" hahahah:lol:

and so whatever, i was like "see shouldnt i work for COldplay and be one of their roadies...i already know everyone and i def. have the enthusiasm to get the job done!!" and he said, "yeah you sure do!!" and then :curtain: he actually told me what company hooks Coldplay up with Roadies and he said if i wanted a good shot at being a roadie to go there!!!:shocked2: but he made me promise not to let the word out!

I am glad to see that you made it home and to work ok ;) I am at work too :dozey:

I havent had the chance to see any pics that T2 has yet, he still has all my stuff.

of course, not a problem! It might be a bit, but I will try to get it on here tonight sometime.

Snow Patrol always drink on stage. When they played Houston, I saw a van pull up and unload many many cases of Corona. Then before they came on stage instead of the roadies putting out bottles of water, open bottles of Corona were set out. :P

Haha, That is the proper way to roll. Especially if you're Irish...

That is very entertaining to me. lol

Time to finally get some shut-eye!

yes this is all true!! the ppl working there were tards!! :angry: and the stupid no banners or signs was REDICULOUS!!!!:veryangry: they let us go in with them but we had them folded in our bags Lore.....and then once inside this stupid security dude just wanted to push his weight around and told us we had to put them behind the rail and not touch them !!!:dozey::angry::angry::angry:

but whatever!!! Rick, the AWESOME roadie who me and Gianna became friends with (he was the one holding the curtain down on Guy's side b4 they lift it for Violet Hill) he said that was SO stupid that we couldnt hold our signs up for Guy and he even said that if we couldnt hold them up and let Guy see them then he would hold them up us for that Guy knew :smug::smug: Rick was AMAZING! i love him! he was SO surprised tho that we knew who everyone was!:laugh3: i was still flippin' out about the whole Phil thing, and he is like "how do u know who Phil is?!:confused:" hahaha and then we told him who Hoppy was and Franksie and Jackie and he was like "How do you know this?!! U know as much as i do!!!:stunned:" hahahah:lol:

and so whatever, i was like "see shouldnt i work for COldplay and be one of their roadies...i already know everyone and i def. have the enthusiasm to get the job done!!" and he said, "yeah you sure do!!" and then :curtain: he actually told me what company hooks Coldplay up with Roadies and he said if i wanted a good shot at being a roadie to go there!!!:shocked2: but he made me promise not to let the word out!

liz! You have to pm me that company name!! :shocked2::laugh3: (seriously) :wink3:

And I will be forever thankful for that! :D :D :D

Don't worry, you did a great job capturing the whole songs :)

ok, I actually don't drink that much, but I can tell that the bottle was a Dos Equis (XX) beer.

Oh, I see they like Spanish-named beer :laugh3:

But, I still don't get it...where you able to show your banners? :uhoh:

Rick...the name clicks in my head. I know he's a roadie, but I can't remember his role exactly.

yes, I have been studying on the "lovely Roadies" thread :lol:

By the time I go to the concert, I'll be able to call them all by their names. They're gonna freak! :laugh3:

Specially with my "Phil is boilin' HOT" banner/sign :D

OMG!!! You should apply for a roadie show :lol:

Seriously, I would. Now that I'm about to graduate, I'm up for any job ;)

Yes Lore we snuck and showed Guy the banners at the beginning of the show and he smiled and tilted his guitar at us!! :wacky: and so he knew we were there! :D

and then we tried to show him agian i think b4 Strawberry Swing and then the stupid security guard came over and said "if i see the signs again, im taking them and your never getting them back" asshole :dozey:

Yes Lore we snuck and showed Guy the banners at the beginning of the show and he smiled and tilted his guitar at us!! :wacky: and so he knew we were there! :D

and then we tried to show him agian i think b4 Strawberry Swing and then the stupid security guard came over and said "if i see the signs again, im taking them and your never getting them back" asshole :dozey:

what a total jerk, some of those pricks take their jobs way too seriously.

I had a great time. I was in section G, but I got to go in the aisle which turned into a giant pit around the side stage. I got within 50 feet of them, It was awesome. Snow Patrol was great, of course. I smelled someone smoking marijuana during Lost!, and there was a pregnant person nearby, so I was concerned. Also, this tall guy with a huge head was blocking my view.

^oh, I'm glad you had a good time!

Oh, I'm gonna be on the section after the pit to the left. Maybe I can stay at the sides??

eww, why people do that? How is smoking pot make the concert more enjoyable? and with a pregnant woman nearby? :sick:

what a total jerk, some of those pricks take their jobs way too seriously.

yeah i know!! :angry: he was just trying to look like he was in charge and had control or something.....:dozey: dumbass....its a freaking banner.....a sign made of paper......yeah cus its really a danger to ppl in the audience u know?:dozey:

its a concert for fuck's sake! god.....lighten up!

@Min...........cus its the US.....and stupid ppl make retarded rules for no reason:dozey:

yeah i know!! :angry: he was just trying to look like he was in charge and had control or something.....:dozey: dumbass....its a freaking banner.....a sign made of paper......yeah cus its really a danger to ppl in the audience u know?:dozey:

its a concert for fuck's sake! god.....lighten up!

@Min...........cus its the US.....and stupid ppl make retarded rules for no reason:dozey:

That's really silly... Unless you are blocking the view of the people behind you I don't see any problem with banners :angry: Stupid jerk.