The Simpsons: Coldplay's Chris Martin among season 21 guests

forcin

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Martin's Simpsons appearance put back two weeks to end of January

simpsonsbanner1.jpg

Chris Martin's appearance on The Simpsons has been put back a couple of weeks and will now take place on 31st January. Chris will lend his vocal cords to an episode in which Homer wins a million-dollar lottery and hires the band to play a concert just for Bart and him. "When Bart goes to the bathroom, Coldplay has to stop," notes Simpsons exec producer Al Jean. Here's Anchorman with the airing details:

Good morning. We've just been informed that Chris's appearance on The Simpsons will now air in the US on January 31 on the FOX Network, at 8pm/7pm CST.

It was announced online back in July that Coldplay (with Chris Martin vocals) had been lined up as special guests on the 20th anniversary episode of The Simpsons. To celebrate the show's 20th season, there was a contest to create a new character for The Simpsons alongside Chris. The winning character is Ricardo Bomba, who is quite the ladies' man. Bomba will be introduced in the episode featuring guest star Chris Martin.

The episode had been completed, with a spot reserved for the contest character. In "Million Dollar Maybe," Homer Simpson is rushing to meet Marge for a date when he encounters Bomba in the episode that centers on a winning lottery ticket.

Guest kmm1482

I was wondering about this. I looked at the synopsis for the episode this Thursday and it was from like 5 years ago! I wonder why they pushed it back. :thinking:

So, I found this, but my camera is in for service (and I don't have a scanner), so here is the photo from TV Guide magazine first look of The Simpsons with Coldplay. It's from my phone, so sorry for the terrible quality, but I'm sure someone will get it soon enough.

simpsonized.jpg

edit: I don't know why it's so huge. Someone fix it?

And, here is the short paragraph that goes with it:

"Who knew Homer liked Coldplay? The band's frontman, Chris Martin, is making a cameo on the Jan. 31 episode of Fox's The Simpsons. 'What brings me to Springfield is Homer's luck at the lottery,' says Martin, who's a huge fan of the animated series. 'Homer wins lots of money and [blows it all] on a private Coldplay concert.' Turns out Bart's the one who convinces his dad to spend the dough on front-row seats as a way to hide the windfall from Marge. We can only imagine what note she'll hit when she hears about this."

On the side of the pictures: "Before working on The Simpsons, Martin says the closest he ever came to voice-over work was recording a radio jinble in Africa."

There, I told you those cheap-looking drawings beforehand weren't real. Isn't this much better?

I agree that Will looks a bit odd, but everyone else looks great (some guest stars look awful on The Simpsons). I'm sure FOX will release a high-res image online some time soon, as they always do for promotional images.

So, I found this, but my camera is in for service (and I don't have a scanner), so here is the photo from TV Guide magazine first look of The Simpsons with Coldplay. It's from my phone, so sorry for the terrible quality, but I'm sure someone will get it soon enough.

th_simpsonized.jpg

Thank you!!

oooooh :wideeyed:

:lol: awww, poor Will. :P

EXACTLY my reaction as well!

simpsonized.jpg

Ahh, that's so cool!! FAR better than the crappy made-up ones we saw before :D

I agree, poor Will though... he looks like a "20 years later" pic of Kearney :tongue:

kearney_zzywicz.gif