✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Oct-2009: Keep A Child Alive Black Ball, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City [Chris Martin Only]

I agree that Chris' outfit was nice - and I think that it was even nice to see him wear something else for a change. But I was so used to seeing him wear more sporty clothes that it was a total surprise seeing him like that. But I do not think that the Adidas shoes fitted his tuxedo. Playing his piano and singing in that outfit made me think of an entertainer like Frank Sinatra.

But look at the picture of Chris in post 74 - the riddles to the right of his eyes make him look older than 32 - like a man in his 40's imo. Not that it really matters.

Chris IS and WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT.

But I would like to see him with longer and curly hair though (and that is just a matter of time. :)

+1 agreed.

Oh dear God, I think he wore a pocke****ch too :bomb:. How I love that man :wacky:.

Gwyneth TOTALLY dressed him for this event.

EDIT: I find it hysterical that it just auto-censored the word "pocket watch" without the space :lol:

That's what I thought too!

THANK YOU GWYN!!!!

He looks so adorable!!

I agree that Chris' outfit was nice - and I think that it was even nice to see him wear something else for a change. But I was so used to seeing him wear more sporty clothes that it was a total surprise seeing him like that. But I do not think that the Adidas shoes fitted his tuxedo. Playing his piano and singing in that outfit made me think of an entertainer like Frank Sinatra.

But look at the picture of Chris in post 74 - the riddles to the right of his eyes make him look older than 32 - like a man in his 40's imo. Not that it really matters.

Chris IS and WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT.

But I would like to see him with longer and curly hair though (and that is just a matter of time. :)

Chris is Chris, but I agree Nancy he looks a tad old with the cut, it's not like in the AROBTTH day's when he had childlike features, he is older now, and it doesn't suit him, IMO. Yes it will grow out tho.:smug:

No :\ just saw that now...that was awfull, sorry guys...

1. Chris Martin - Coldplay = nothing

2. Hair is way too short :(

3. He looks like an old Justin Timberlake in this outfit

4. Shoes did not fit to the outfit

5. Alicia Keys should not sing Viva la vida, actually I like her but not together with CPs music - why is Chris Martin so much into black music and collaborating with musicians that have nothing to do with his music? Because of the fear someone could be better than him?

6. His voice was not the best

I definitely agree about the hair, and he does look a bit like JT's hypothetical older brother, but as much as perhaps I'm not as into the artists Chris collaborates with and is friends with, collaboration, especially across genres, is interesting and good for musical growth. When one musician is into what another is doing and vice versa, I don't see why they shouldn't have some fun together like this, especially when it's for a good cause, or why they shouldn't collaborate and create something new. Sometimes it works in your opinion, and sometimes it doesn't, but just because two artists and two genres are seen as being different doesn't mean that they have "nothing to do with each other," or that they're going to drastically change each others' music for the worse.

I don't mean that to sound snarky or anything, I just think it's a bit of fun for a good cause, and we shouldn't worry about what Chris does with other artists in relation to Coldplay's direction and music :nice:.

I definitely agree about the hair, and he does look a bit like JT's hypothetical older brother, but as much as perhaps I'm not as into the artists Chris collaborates with and is friends with, collaboration, especially across genres, is interesting and good for musical growth. When one musician is into what another is doing and vice versa, I don't see why they shouldn't have some fun together like this, especially when it's for a good cause, or why they shouldn't collaborate and create something new. Sometimes it works in your opinion, and sometimes it doesn't, but just because two artists and two genres are seen as being different doesn't mean that they have "nothing to do with each other," or that they're going to drastically change each others' music for the worse.

I don't mean that to sound snarky or anything, I just think it's a bit of fun for a good cause, and we shouldn't worry about what Chris does with other artists in relation to Coldplay's direction and music :nice:.

I understand what you mean and I agree that it is great that they did something together for the cause. And if it was just for one performance I would be fine with it. However the last months were just too much - the whole Jay-Z thing, Girls Aloud, Natalie Imbruglia etc. - I'm a bit oversensitive now when it comes to to that topic :). Then listen to Alicia Keys singing Viva la vida, I never heard her singing so bad - it's just not her genre and as far as I can hear it from the clip she could not bring something new to the song. I think I'm so critical because there is always some fear in myself that someday he will gave up Coldplay and will just collaborate with hip artists to get his own profile or whatsoever.

@aliciakeys[/url] last night - no better way to end than Alicia & Chris Martin duet: http://twitpic.com/lqaaw

36498344.jpg

:wacky:

Wow so close !

YouTube - Keep a Child alive[/url]

Video - Viva la Vida

Uh... not the best VLV version :\

I quite like Alicia Keys but she just doesn't fit with the song, and Chris doesn't sound the same without the other guys... He should have a break...and let his hair grow:whip:

Though I love the outfits and the tie, it's so weird to see him like that, I first thought it was a photomontage haha !

I think Chris looks fabulous,so adorable.I think his shoes are fine.He's totally not the type to wear a tux with the fancy black shoes.He wears dress clothes in "Chris" style.

With Alicia and CHris singing VLV,someone said she didnt bring anything new to the song..I dont think she wanted to bring anything new to the song.It was just a benefit concert and they wanted to sing something everyone was familiar with

For such a fancy pants party, some of the people were dressed so poorly. The person that top the worst dress for me was some lady wearing a neon pink spandex body suit and a dress made of chain or something that clink and clanked when she walked by. We could have snuck in if we got a off the rack evening dress from Macy's or H&M and put on some makeup.

The crowd was a mix of PR people, Europeans, beautiful people, and ridiculously rich people. We were waiting by the front door which happens to be the smoking area so no one really cared that we were standing there. There was only me, my sister, and a German tourist waiting to see David Bowie at the door. Though none of us achieved our objectives, it was still an interesting night to witness. We saw so many celebrities, though I wasn't overly excited about any of them: Al Roker, Terrence Howard, Geoffrey Wright, Padma Lakshimi, Robin Thicke & his wife, Paula Patton, Adrian Greiner, Samuel L Jackson, Rachel Hunter, Stephen Dorff, Gayle King, Richard Branson, and some others. A funny moment was when two Irish guys came up to us and asked if we wanted their autographs, they said they were in that Irish movie "The Wind that Breaks the Barley." They could've been, no idea. A lot of douchey looking people too, the people that usually go to the Meatpacking District. I would say a decent amount of people left before Alicia Keys started her set, though it seemed like the party was running long since it had started around 8pm. It stinks a little we didn't see Chris, I guess he and some of the other big stars left from the back. I would have loved to see him all dressed up.