✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15-Oct-2009: Keep A Child Alive Black Ball, Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City [Chris Martin Only]

I love Chris, but he looks too much like Justin Timberlake with the vest, sneakers, and short hair. Not his best look at all. I still think he is the handsomest man alive thought :wink3:

Couldn't agree MORE! As soon as I saw a picture, I was like, "Justin Timberlake? Are we going back to the X and Y era now?" Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just seems like such a "blast from the past." Interesting to see what else is to come.... it is nice to see him in some clothes that don't look like a military suit from centuries ago... :)

i think given the occasion, of course chris would be dressed up. viva attire wouldn't exactly be kosher at a charity event like this. so i don't necessarily think that it would go with a wedding theme..nor do i think there is a "wedding" theme, and i also think that looking like JT is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

ok, its late, im not writing a paragraph, so here's my thoughts:

- chris looks really healthy and happy, so im glad.

- this would have been so much more awesome with the full band. it was kinda sad seeing him move around, without being able to interact with the rest of the boys.

- i have no opinion on the hair, i dont care either way.

- even though he looks hot, i dont know if id want him wearing vests and pocket watches forever.. its just not chris to me, its justin timberlake. id rather chris wear his gross everyday clothes than be something he's not.

- its sad not seeing the colorful bracelets.

- VLV performance.. meeeeehh..

- clocks was a bit better. but not greaaaat.. i think chris is nervous without the band. which is cute, in a way:lol:

15-Oct-2009: Keep A Child Alive Black Ball, NY

VLV was so weird... And in Clocks, Alicia has changed the lyrics in the second couplet. But I can't understand what she's said

I hear Alicia Key's words / changed lyrics - as "Home, Home - never want you to go"

The sound in the beginning was okay, but then suddenly there was a metallic sound and from then on the sound was not the best. Did you also notice the 3 musicians in the dark background (a drummer and a guitarist, I think).

No :\ just saw that now...that was awfull, sorry guys...

1. Chris Martin - Coldplay = nothing

5. Alicia Keys should not sing Viva la vida, actually I like her but not together with CPs music - why is Chris Martin so much into black music and collaborating with musicians that have nothing to do with his music? Because of the fear someone could be better than him?

These two points are a little harsh. He's not nothing without Coldplay. It wasn't the best I agree but he's trying to play songs he's used to playing with three other people. I'm sure if he was playing acoustic versions of the songs it would have been better.

Also a fear someone could be better than him? He's made no secret of the fact that he thinks there's hundreds of artists better than him. He's just really into music, any kind of music, regardless of genre and likes working with other artists.

I hear Alicia Key's words / changed lyrics - as "Home, Home - never want you to go"

The sound in the beginning was okay, but then suddenly there was a metallic sound and from then on the sound was not the best. Did you also notice the 3 musicians in the dark background (a drummer and a guitarist, I think).

at he beginning of the second couplet, instead of "confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks...", I don't understand what she's sung.

But Chris is hot in his clothes. That's a fact.

Agreed. :D (imo!) Chris is hot in everything and anything. :lol:

These two points are a little harsh. He's not nothing without Coldplay. It wasn't the best I agree but he's trying to play songs he's used to playing with three other people. I'm sure if he was playing acoustic versions of the songs it would have been better.

Also a fear someone could be better than him? He's made no secret of the fact that he thinks there's hundreds of artists better than him. He's just really into music, any kind of music, regardless of genre and likes working with other artists.

ITA. He's not "nothing" without Coldplay. :\ You have to realise that without the rest of the band their songs aren't going to sound as good with just Chris. He does better solo on the acoustic versions with just him and the guitar or piano.

Can I just say Chris looks incredibly handsome in that outfit!:smug: might sound a bit gay but who cares:P I reckon the trainers actually go with the whole thing and short hair also suits him. Im just very excited to see him perform with alicia keys, and it’s a nice change to see him wear something different!

ok, its late, im not writing a paragraph, so here's my thoughts:

- chris looks really healthy and happy, so im glad.

- this would have been so much more awesome with the full band. it was kinda sad seeing him move around, without being able to interact with the rest of the boys.

- i have no opinion on the hair, i dont care either way.

- even though he looks hot, i dont know if id want him wearing vests and pocket watches forever.. its just not chris to me, its justin timberlake. id rather chris wear his gross everyday clothes than be something he's not.

- its sad not seeing the colorful bracelets.

- VLV performance.. meeeeehh..

- clocks was a bit better. but not greaaaat.. i think chris is nervous without the band. which is cute, in a way:lol:

I agree...sad that the boys were not there. He is not complete without them...it was almost like he was looking around for them. Miss the bracelets too. Is he trying to be something he's not?

LOL - chris performed at some charity event and the mind is going in overdrive.

Of Course he had diferent cloth on because quite fankly Viva Era is near the end and the viva cloths are hopefully in storage until Feb.

Doubt very much his cloths have anything to do with the next album...as I am pretty sure the 4 of them know for themselves yet how it will sound, what it will be etc.

He doesn't act like somebody who wants to be somebody else. Think Chris Martin is one of few people walking this planet, whos knows exactly what and who he is.

I for one, would just wish that Chris like the rest of them just goes away until Feb.

P.