✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Festival atmosphere in Exeter Coldplay queue

DIEHARD music fans queued through the night for tickets to Coldplay's Westcountry concert, which go on sale this morning.

Some 50 people were waiting outside the HMV store in Princesshay, Exeter, last night, many of whom had been queuing since yesterday morning – or the previous night.

Mary Maguire, 22, and Karen Chalmers, 25, both from St David's, Exeter, spent two chilly nights in Princesshay to guarantee they will be at the special concert arranged for Saturday, December 19, at Exeter Castle. Mary said: "There is a nice atmosphere down here. Everyone's getting along, sitting, chatting. Everyone's bringing food — it's not too cold either. It was a little bit cold on our first night, but it wasn't too bad. We weren't alone for long. The security around Princesshay was great and they came and checked on us all the time. It's the only way to guarantee a ticket. A lot of people are saying how great it is down here —they are having a lot of fun."

Karen said: "People are eating and drinking; they're in really good spirits. The community spirit is really good; we have been enjoying ourselves."

Chris Allen (Jayzo! :laugh3:), who travelled to Exeter from Sheffield to queue, arrived yesterday afternoon. He said: "There is a buzz of activities; there are lots of people around. Everyone's visiting everyone else in the queue; everybody's in a good mood. People are buying coffee and bringing pizza."

Kevin Yelland, 43, who lives in Exeter and works at the Old Fire House, had been camping since 7am yesterday. He said: "I have followed Coldplay since the early days and seeing them in my hometown is just the chance of a lifetime."

His colleague Katie Smith, 25, from Alphington, had been queuing since 2.45am yesterday and was buying tickets for her parents Pam and Rob. She said: "It's been really fun; everyone's been lovely. My brother David has brought a guitar, so we are keeping ourselves amused. Friends who are in Exeter have brought food and drinks to us. It's been incredible really. I feel privileged to be a part of it."

http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/news/Fans-wrap-warm-queue-Coldplay/article-1591170-detail/article.html

A huge congrats to Chris of course!!

Back to the matter pressing us all for the next 20 hours, but how is the sale gonna go down tomorrow??

I have heard they will be on sale from HMV.com to everybody, but there is mention of subscribed/registered people with LNS too?? So are there tickets gonna be available through LNS again? or will that just link you to HMV like tuesday??

This is what I've found... but I have no idea if that'll link you to the HMV tickets site or not :shrug:

http://www.whatsonsouthwest.co.uk/article.php?id=26568

Extra online tickets will be released on the Little Noise Sessions website from 9.30am and, for the first time, be available to everybody rather than those who have pre-registered.

Hello! Back home, with two lovely tickets :dance:. Had an amazing time last night, thanks to Karen for everything, she's a star!! :D

I'm sure most of you know the story by now, all I can say is going in and paying for the tickets, and getting them handed to you with the press outside, what a crazy experience.

Exeter is a really lovely place, can't wait to get back next week :nice:

Weeeeeee !

Chris better do a shout-out to CPing:whip:

:bomb: Sorry I forgot :bigcry: was too much going on!!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow with tickets! Just over 12 hours to go now!

Hello! Back home, with two lovely tickets :dance:. Had an amazing time last night, thanks to Karen for everything, she's a star!! :D

I'm sure most of you know the story by now, all I can say is going in and paying for the tickets, and getting them handed to you with the press outside, what a crazy experience.

Exeter is a really lovely place, can't wait to get back next week :nice:

:bomb: Sorry I forgot :bigcry: was too much going on!!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow with tickets! Just over 12 hours to go now!

Naaha I understand ! You can still redeem yourself next week anyway :tongue:

Gosh it's so close already !

All of you who got tickets: when are you going to be there? I'll probably be in Exeter at around 2pm but then I'll have to check in to the hotel and everything, so I don't think I'll be at the castle before 3. But considering that, at their stadium shows, I was there at around two and I got to the front (despite 50,000 other people), 3 should be fine. What do you guys think?

All of you who got tickets: when are you going to be there? I'll probably be in Exeter at around 2pm but then I'll have to check in to the hotel and everything, so I don't think I'll be at the castle before 3. But considering that, at their stadium shows, I was there at around two and I got to the front (despite 50,000 other people), 3 should be fine. What do you guys think?

Even if you arrive later, you'll always be closer than you were at Wembley. I already saw them twice in a small venue (i.e. < 500 ppl) and people tend to arrive later than at stadium or arena gigs. On the other hand, the 500 people in the audience should mostly be die-hard fans, so there obviously will be a queue when the doors open. The other times I've seen them in such a small venue, the audience consisted mostly of prize winners and they tend to care less about having a good spot. :)

Really looking forward to it.:cool:

1273858.jpg

Kevin Yelland, left, Alex Crump, centre, and Stephen Nation-Grainger were among the lucky few to get their hands on Coldplay tickets

BLEARY-eyed music fans queued through the night and then screamed with delight when they finally got their hands on the hottest tickets in town.

As the clock approached 8am outside HMV in Princesshay, the crowds packed away sleeping bags and deckchairs and felt a resurgence of energy as they entered the store to the sound of Coldplay's greatest hits.

And in just over a week they will be seeing the band for real in what has been dubbed a "once-in-a-lifetime" gig on Saturday, December 19, at Exeter Caste.

And for those who had waited patiently for up to 48 hours for a chance to buy the first 100 tickets, the wait suddenly seemed worth it.

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/features/Exeter-Coldplay-concert-tickets-warm-queuers/article-1598245-detail/article.html