✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we are an "unofficial" fan community and all, and I know that we are not really owed anything at all in terms of favours when it comes to Coldplay. They've made all of our lifes brighter in many different ways and we love them to death.

But, nevertheless, I sometimes feel, that for one-off shows like this, expecially those for charity, maybe it could be a good idea if us lot were only recognised slightly ahead of the general public. If it's for charity then why the heck not, and just how much "closer to the (real) fans" could Chris and the boys get than to make us feel that bit more special with some kinda gesture like this!

True, but at the same time, they are not the only performers, so there would also have to be some sort of 'advance recognition' for fans of the other performers too. Or maybe people working with the charity should have preference... by that time there would hardly be any tickets left for anybody else, and there would be even more of an outcry then.

What I don't understand, is why aren't the tickets being sold for a higher price? There are only a fixed (very small) number of tickets, and I would think there would be a desire to raise the most amount of money as possible for the charity. I think the better move would have been to set a minimum price (of the current ticket price), and hold an ebay-style auction for all the tickets. That way, people would really be paying what they think the tickets are worth, and it would generate more money for the charity. That's just my two cents. But it's a little too late for that now anyway.

oh my frilly heck!!!

not onsale until friday and i already feel sick...i just looked at coldplay.com today and saw this :O

does the mencap sessions site post a link to hmv on friday then??

i love coldplay so much, missed out on lily last friday at brixton, and saw la roux at shepherds bush this is a dream lineup for me! i'd love to hear stripped down bulletproof and 22.

plus...THE GUYS.

it'd be worth the £80 train!!!!

good luck you lot who didnt get one today :'(

True, but at the same time, they are not the only performers, so there would also have to be some sort of 'advance recognition' for fans of the other performers too. Or maybe people working with the charity should have preference... by that time there would hardly be any tickets left for anybody else, and there would be even more of an outcry then.

What I don't understand, is why aren't the tickets being sold for a higher price? There are only a fixed (very small) number of tickets, and I would think there would be a desire to raise the most amount of money as possible for the charity. I think the better move would have been to set a minimum price (of the current ticket price), and hold an ebay-style auction for all the tickets. That way, people would really be paying what they think the tickets are worth, and it would generate more money for the charity. That's just my two cents. But it's a little too late for that now anyway.

Interesting thought :)

BUT ... then other people would be complaining, who are not able to spend so much money on tickets but who were willing to support this charity by buying tickets for a 'normal' price.

If the ticket prices were higher, then the whole event could end up to be another one of these 'High Society' parties, where people are rather interested to sip on their champagne instead of enjoying 3 musical acts :) ;)

I don't really agree...

Tickets would go to the richest people and absolutely not dedicated fans who tried to get some as soon they went on sale :\

But maybe the richest people would be too busy trying to make more money to have the time to bid on the tickets. :tongue:

Really though, what you say is true also. There are ups and unfortunate downs of both scenarios. It would be nice if there was an easy solution, but there's not.

I just hope that similar pandomonium doesn't occur if they indeed do the 'smaller venue' thing that the paper reported for the new album they are working on... :(

Yeah...as much as I love the thought of smaller venues I'm not doing this every time :lol:

Bring on Wembley, least will definitely get a ticket and can queue for front row :P

On the day of the Warchild gig they released a couple of spare tickets at lunchtime from people who had to cancel. It was half term and I could have got down to London in time with a bit of good luck on the roads, but I would have had to go on my own, and at the time I didn't know anyone on the board.

What a wimp... I should have gone... will never get a ticket for this one :(

Tell him to get a new job.

If you had his job, would you give it up?

Ah...such a palaver...I'm really glad I'm not trying still, but having this page pop up on the latest threads lists is sucking me in...:o

Join us in our collective despair, Pete, misery loves company :P

Join us in our collective despair, Pete, misery loves company :P

Aw, that's why I was avoiding this thread!!

Home made (all-organic!) carbonara loves company too - and there's only me and my laptop, wanna join me? :P

<edit> A cheap gag but I cannae resist :lol:. Fifty pound notes love company too, and In Jayzo's case, that company consisted of the whole of Manchester descending on a kebab shop when he dropped one on the counter :laugh3: