✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12 people of Christmas wanted! (All positions now filled)

busybeeburns

Several Coldplayers will be taking part in the 'Coldplay Months of 2009' project where each day over the Christmas period there will be a new review of a month of 2009, starting with the January review on Sunday December 19th in the Coldplay forum. To make sure that your favourite Coldplay moment of 2009 doesn't get left out join in the discussion below...

January (howyousawtheworld; Research help: Noémie)

February (Lore; Research help: coldplaying-forever27)

March (Zeya; Research help: aniskywalker)

April (Space Cadet; Research help: akasapple)

May (Texasluvsjonny; Research help: BerrymanGirl1)

June (RedGirl76; Research help: SueDeNimes)

July (clisaj; Research help: akasapple)

August (Cirkusprinsessa; Research help: aniskywalker)

September (cleeson7; Research help: Noémie)

October (marie/pims; Research help: BerrymanGirl1)

November (iPsy; Research help: SueDeNimes)

December (coldplaying-forever27; Research help: Lore)

Posting dates (into the Coldplay forum):

January - 19/12

February - 20/12

March - 21/12

April - 22/12

May - 23/12

June - 24/12

July - 26/12

August - 27/12

September - 28/12

October - 29/12

November - 30/12

December - 31/12

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a great idea!!!:D
is that a yes I'm interested or a yes I can't wait to see all 12 reviews?! :laugh3:

TEXT DUMP:

Unfortunately I don't think I'll have enough time to do a Coldplay review for the months of 2009 like we did last year, so I thought that if there was enough interest in it then 12 volunteers could do one month each, posting their review on successive days like we did in 2008 culminating in a full 2009 review by the end of the year. If you are interested, reply to the thread below :D

Here are the reviews from 2008 to give you a feel of how the reviews work (use of coldplaying new articles, youtube vids, pics etc to build up a story, and then a monthly poll) and to see if anyone would have the time to spread the work :) http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71

If nothing else, the different styles of reviews would be something to look forward to reading!

If it helps anyone decide, I started last year by using the main site search function, slowly working back to page 1 (the latest news).

Here's where 2009 begins: http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=Search&action=search&active_stories=1&stories_author=&stories_cat%5B%5D=&bool=OR&startnum=1261&total=6700 (January 2009 starts at news item 5576.)

Each month reviewer should start with the 1st day of their month using the main site search. e.g. March 2009 would be at http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=Search&action=search&active_stories=1&stories_author=&stories_cat%5B%5D=&bool=OR&startnum=971&total=6700

Most of the main site news articles have within them links to the forum threads where all the discussion, youtube vides, pictures, wikicoldplay references etc are. I found around 15 decent different news stories per month and then created a poll asking which was your favourite. You may decide to do it differently, its your choice as the reviewer. Whatever you decide there is a wealth of information at your disposal! :)

we could have a thread (maybe this thread) to give ideas to the writers of each month, I'd do one but I'm not good writing.

whoever writes the february review, you better don't forget the postcards delivery video, feb 16th :P :shy:

This is a great idea, a collective work! :)

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I'd be able to do a good job... It seems to be hard. Where do you find all the informations? and what do you do to be sure not to forget anything important?

I guess it would also be better for the articles to be written by English native speakers.

As for me, my English is probaby not good enough to write something good.