🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

As cool as this is. And for how AWESOME the proceeds will go to charity, I don't believe any of us will be the winning bidders of any of the rarer guitars/globe/tour jackets. I can almost gaurantee that those items will go for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Think about it, Chris FIRST guitar?? the ACTUAL globe on Parachutes? You're average, every day Coldplay fanatic doesn't have near enough money to make the winning big. I have a very big feeling that some rich fat cat will win most of these and lock them up in a dusty basement next to John Lennon's last autograph so he can punt them back off in years time to make more money.

I fully understand that it's completely out of the hands of the guys', it just breaks my heart that all of these 'holy grail' items are available to every one of us... if we have lots and lots of money.

Although I do appreciate your realistic point of view (because I'm usually the same way)... you're assuming that all of us are poor and/or of limited means.

Guest kmm1482
Although I do appreciate your realistic point of view (because I'm usually the same way)... you're assuming that all of us are poor and/or of limited means.

No. I did say 'you're average, everyday Coldplay fanatic.' I would just hate to see amazing, rare items like that go to someone who doesn't really care about them and is just collecting, than to someone like me who would cherish it and play it every single day.

I mean, just the THOUGHT of holding and playing Chris first guitar and it being my very first guitar. Or getting the 'Til Kingdom Come guitar and playing it for my wife and new baby as that was the song my wife walked down the aisle to, floors me.

No. I did say 'you're average, everyday Coldplay fanatic.' I would just hate to see amazing, rare items like that go to someone who doesn't really care about them and is just collecting, than to someone like me who would cherish it and play it every single day.

I agree, I certainly am, and I would definitely cherish it everyday because I am a certifiable Coldplay nerd. I am not trying to be conceited, but again, you are assuming that I am of limited means. I fully understand how much some of these items might go for.

Hey this is all for charity, so I don't really care who gets it as long as it helps the guys raise lots of money to help out :nice: Maybe we should stop focusing on what we can't afford or on who's hand it will land, and just see what we can get :nice: I know a lithograph isn't the same as Chris' first guitar, but it's still something really cool (and signed by all four of them :wink:)

i'm shivering in excitement! All i have to say is Guy, Jonny, Will, and Chris have some pretty dang huge hearts to be parting with such amazing items! I hope that whoever wins the items will cherish them with as much love as the band! I really hope that I might be able to come away with something incredible!

THERE IS JUST SO MUCH AWESOME STUFF!!!

I'm going to be bidding on one of the lithographs, and knowing my luck, I won't get it... But it's the idea that there's something actually in my price range that is exciting me. :D

To be honest I would kill for any of the Viva era tour jackets or the Strawberry Swing costume. If only money was no object *wistful sigh*

Guest kmm1482
stray thought! It must be freezing in the bakery seeing as they were all wearing their coats and scarfs in the pictures!... Ironic seeing as it was once a bakery... hehe

Good point!

Gosh I so want one of those litographs... gonna be hard though, I think I need some luck ^^

+1000 For the 'buy now' items, since it will be put at random times, we can't stay 24/7 during 2 weeks doing F5 on the page to have a chance to have one... :dozey: We have lives unfortunately :lol: Hope some fans will be lucky!!

+1000 For the 'buy now' items, since it will be put at random times, we can't stay 24/7 during 2 weeks doing F5 on the page to have a chance to have one... :dozey: We have lives unfortunately :lol: Hope some fans will be lucky!!

Oh shoot, I forgot about that! I don't think work would take kindly to not showing up in the hope of getting one. Though, my brother practically lives on his PC so maybe I can try and get him to buy one.

Gah! It's awesomeness overload!! :dead:

I'd be happy with ANYTHING there, wow... The Globe... ugh, THE GLOBE.... It's going to go for thousands I bet :sad:

Kudos for the Buy It Now. I wondered if they were going to do that, and they did! Although, it's all going to be based on luck or money really if any of us go away with anything...

I printed the catalogue out. Very nice. It's a keeper in itself! :lol:

I agree, I certainly am, and I would definitely cherish it everyday because I am a certifiable Coldplay nerd. I am not trying to be conceited, but again, you are assuming that I am of limited means. I fully understand how much some of these items might go for.

OK, so I have no idea how much any of these things would go for, and I am definitely of VERY limited means especially at this time of year. So how much do you think the poster/lithographs would go for?

Guest kmm1482
OK, so I have no idea how much any of these things would go for, and I am definitely of VERY limited means especially at this time of year. So how much do you think the poster/lithographs would go for?

I would say maybe a couple hundred

"NB: A number of the items in the auction will be used on the last

shows of the Viva La Vida tour, in Latin America in Feb/March 2010.

These ten items are clearly marked in the catalogue. They will be

dispatched after their arrival back in the UK. In the very unlikely

event of the item being lost or significantly damaged, a full refund

will be given."

:shocked2::rolleyes: