🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Remember KT... you'll have to wait a few months for any pics since those jackets won't be sent until after the Latin America VIVA tour... :freak:

But yeah, Afeather, when you do post pics you need to make sure you post one of you licking it that way MrsBerryman1 (and any other Guy lovers out there) can live vicariously through you. :wink3:

Which reminds me... I need to figure out who got Will's jacket...:drummer:

decadesale1a.jpg

Clearout Sales raises big total

January 1, 2010 9:45 am

Massive final total as End of Decade Clearout Sale ends

Good morning - and happy new year! The End of Decade Clearout Sale of Coldplay memorabilia and instruments reached its conclusion yesterday evening amid some frantic last-minute bidding. We're very pleased to reveal that the final total raised by the auction is an amazing £251,482 (which is roughly €284k / $407k). That included six items which sold for more than £10,000 - including Jonny's beloved Viva guitar, which was the top-priced item, at a whopping £15,000. The money will all go towards Kids Company's incredible work with children and young people in London.

The text messages were flying around last night and it's fair to say that the band are just as excited/grateful/amazed by the enormous total as Kids Company are. A huge thanks to everyone who bid and helped make the Clearout Sale such a success.

Kids Company are currently contacting all the winning bidders with info about payment and delivery costs etc, with dispatch of the items due to begin on Monday (January 4th).

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=564

Congratulations to lo&loud for all the wins. :) I'm especially jealous about the SS outfit. Can I buy it from you when I am rich? ;)

Sorry - typing from my phone earlier, hands shaking & about to explode -- totally forgot to tell you which jacket I won.

I purchased a smokin' hot jacket from a Guy today. Err, I mean a nice looking jacket from a smoking Guy who also happens to be handsome. Really trying not to objectify at the moment...

Must remind myself the real reasons I had to have this particular jacket:

* A chance to donate to charity

* Legally touch/put on a piece of clothing worn by one of the members of Coldplay without being thrown in jail for stalking

* Unmistakable provenance. No confusing who wore this jacket because it resembles nothing like those worn by Chris, Jonny & Will

* Fashion forward with the lined bib piece and beading at the neckline yet authentic (in a retro way) to revolutionary military fashion (Major art history dork that studied the fashion and other textiles through paintings)

* Nice use of lavendar throughout (my favorite color) and one that looks good on brunettes; a trait that I just so happen to share in common with the jacket's current owner

* The other "military" jackets I own do not resemble this particular one so it wouldn't be like I was buying something I already had in my closet...

Yeah, I'm stretching it a bit here.

Who am I kidding -- it's a one of a kind designed by a not so bad looking Guy.

PS: Heard back from the Ebay seller today & was directed to the following site to make a donation in the amount of the items: http://www.justgiving.com/EVENINGSTANDARDAUCTION

:lol: You don't need anymore reasons. It sounds like you deserve it perfectly well. :)

I'm glad you won it. Congratulations. :nice:

It's so amazing that so many Coldplayers got something! (or more :lol:) I mean wow! We have these huge things! Like the globe and the ss-outfit! Omg It's so great! Now I feel like it's not totally gone :wacky:

Congratulations to all of you who won something!!!

And it's so great that they made so much money! I love it that Jonny's Viva thinline got the highest price as he had such a hard time parting with it :)

lo&loud[/color] - £5,800

Lot 6 - Parachutes Globe - NumbersGirl - £8,100

Lot 8 - Chris' Yamaha CP70 - christopher Martin - £4,000

Lot 9 - Fender Rhodes piano - lo&loud - £2,505

Lot 13 - Shiver Lith - DriftedFar^ - approx £600

Lot 15 - Don't Panic Lith #1 - Pallavi - £650

Lot 17 - Jonny's Fender Thinline Telecaster - Texasluvsjonny - £3,500

Lot 23 - Jonny's AROBTTH poster - Sirhc - £820

Lot 27 - Yellow Lith #1 - DriftedFar^ - £1,021.83

Lot 31 - Chris' Gibson J200 KC1 "Til Kingdom Come" - Afeather - £5,100

Lot 32 - Chris' Gibson J200 M1 "A Message" - bonedaddy - £5,650

Lot 38 - Will's Drum from "Talk" video - lo&loud - £1,850

Lot 45 - Autoharp - silver.lining42 - £3,600

Lot 46 - Guy's Viva Jacket - Afeather - £4,800

Lot 52 - Strawberry Swing Outfit - lo&loud - £6,100

So... , the total bids for Coldplayers (at least for those who have mentioned their wins on this thread) is over £50,000. That's over 20% of the total amount raised in the auction! Way to go, Coldplayers!

And that's not to say we were the only fans who won... I'm sure there were plenty of other fans that won, but they just aren't "official" members on coldplaying.com.

If any of the information here is incorrect (or if I just plain missed anything), let me know and I can edit the post.

Happy New Year everyone!

YAAAAAY! I'm so happy for you! I never thought a Coldplayer would win an auction (especially not the SS Outfit! WOW!) but I'm glad I was proven wrong. Congratulations to all of you!

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker here for some time and thought I would finally contribute a post... I published an update about the sale on my blog last night, which includes a list of the auction results (in case anyone was still looking - can also send in Excel format if anyone wants it):

I'm absolutely thrilled to have won something yesterday - I can't believe it.

One of my dreams has always been to someday find an instrument owned and used by one of my favorite bands (Coldplay is at the top of my list). So the fact that all of this has come directly from Coldplay and that the proceeds go to a very worthy charity is awesome. There were so many great things in this auction it was really unbelievable. I can't tell you how many times I went through the catalog, and continue to do so.

The really funny thing is, when I was watching their 60 Minutes interview earlier this year, I was thinking to myself that they could put together a stellar charity auction - and then it came out of left field (for me anyway) just a few weeks ago. But even still, I didn't imagine that they'd be willing to donate such important pieces. They are such a great group of individuals.

What an incredible way to end the decade and kick off the new one.

I was lucky enough to win Jonny's "Viva" guitar. I still can't believe it. When I first saw the catalog, I was shocked that it was being made available at all. I'm such a huge fan of the band and particularly Jonny's work and live performances.

I am going to be putting together a website with whatever historical photos and video of the guitar that I can find as a tribute to what is, to me, a very important and iconic piece of Coldplay history. So I'll be sure to let everyone know once I've put that together. I'd also like to include a section about the pieces that other fans have won from the auction.

In any event, I could not be more pleased and thrilled. I've enjoyed keeping tabs on this topic and reading about so many other fans having been able to participate in the auction.

If anyone has any information, photos, or video about the guitar that might be useful for the website I'm planning to put together, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Happy New Year's!

Jason DeBord

Wow!

Congratulations to all the Coldplayers who managed to win something in the auction! All of the pieces are incredible, and I'm so glad so many went to true fans! It's also amazing how much money was raised for Kids Company. Well done, everyone!

I was lucky enough to win Jonny's "Viva" guitar. I still can't believe it. When I first saw the catalog, I was shocked that it was being made available at all. I'm such a huge fan of the band and particularly Jonny's work and live performances.

HOLY CANNOLI!!! That's so great that you got Jonny's Viva guitar! I'll bet it will be hard to wait 3 months to get it while he uses it on the last part of their tour. :bomb: Question: why didn't you mention that you won it in your article?

I'll update my earlier post with the results... I suppose that makes it closer to 25% that Coldplayers contributed to KidsCo. ;)

Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker here for some time and thought I would finally contribute a post... I published an update about the sale on my blog last night, which includes a list of the auction results (in case anyone was still looking - can also send in Excel format if anyone wants it):

I'm absolutely thrilled to have won something yesterday - I can't believe it.

One of my dreams has always been to someday find an instrument owned and used by one of my favorite bands (Coldplay is at the top of my list). So the fact that all of this has come directly from Coldplay and that the proceeds go to a very worthy charity is awesome. There were so many great things in this auction it was really unbelievable. I can't tell you how many times I went through the catalog, and continue to do so.

The really funny thing is, when I was watching their 60 Minutes interview earlier this year, I was thinking to myself that they could put together a stellar charity auction - and then it came out of left field (for me anyway) just a few weeks ago. But even still, I didn't imagine that they'd be willing to donate such important pieces. They are such a great group of individuals.

What an incredible way to end the decade and kick off the new one.

I am going to be putting together a website with whatever historical photos and video of the guitar that I can find as a tribute to what is, to me, a very important and iconic piece of Coldplay history. So I'll be sure to let everyone know once I've put that together. I'd also like to include a section about the pieces that other fans have won from the auction.

In any event, I could not be more pleased and thrilled. I've enjoyed keeping tabs on this topic and reading about so many other fans having been able to participate in the auction.

If anyone has any information, photos, or video about the guitar that might be useful for the website I'm planning to put together, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Happy New Year's!

Jason DeBord

Congratulations on that incredible score!!

And thanks for posting the link to the final sale prices of the items... it's nice to see it in USD!

HOLY CANNOLI!!! That's so great that you got Jonny's Viva guitar! I'll bet it will be hard to wait 3 months to get it while he uses it on the last part of their tour. :bomb: Question: why didn't you mention that you won it in your article?

Sometimes I separate out my reporting from my own collecting - just didn't want it to come across as a "look what I just bought" article and detract from the news aspect of it... kind of weird, I know. Once I have it, I'll do a full article about it on my site and reference back to the straight news ones I had already published. I thought this would be more of a fun venue to chat with other fans about it. :)

I have to tell you, I have a bunch of frequent flyer miles saved up (I hardly travel but have one of those rewards-style credit cards) and am so, so tempted to fly out to see one of their last gigs. It would be surreal now to see him playing it live.

I did get to see them this summer though, and had pretty average seats, so was shocked when they set up behind my seats in the audience to play 'God Put A Smile on My Face/Talk':

coldplay-livex400.jpg

By the way, I was taking a look at the completed auction listings, and it looks like the underbidder on the Viva guitar I won was the winning bidder on Lots 33, 40, and 43 - the White Teardrop, the Gibson hand painted by Chris Martin, and Chris Martin's "No Me Llores" Gibson (the style you see him playing the most). If you click on the bid history of each item and then click on "Bidder XX", it will show what they've bid on, and the winning bidder on all those items matches up. I wonder if it is the Hard Rock Cafe or something? I've got their coffee table-style book, "Treasures of the Hard Rock Cafe", and it seems like it would be right up their alley. A beautiful book, by the way, but sorely lacking in the Coldplay department. ;)

Jason

Sometimes I separate out my reporting from my own collecting - just didn't want it to come across as a "look what I just bought" article and detract from the news aspect of it... kind of weird, I know. Once I have it, I'll do a full article about it on my site and reference back to the straight news ones I had already published. I thought this would be more of a fun venue to chat with other fans about it. :)

I have to tell you, I have a bunch of frequent flyer miles saved up (I hardly travel but have one of those rewards-style credit cards) and am so, so tempted to fly out to see one of their last gigs. It would be surreal now to see him playing it live.

I did get to see them this summer though, and had pretty average seats, so was shocked when they set up behind my seats in the audience to play 'God Put A Smile on My Face/Talk':

coldplay-livex400.jpg

By the way, I was taking a look at the completed auction listings, and it looks like the underbidder on the Viva guitar I won was the winning bidder on Lots 33, 40, and 43 - the White Teardrop, the Gibson hand painted by Chris Martin, and Chris Martin's "No Me Llores" Gibson (the style you see him playing the most). If you click on the bid history of each item and then click on "Bidder XX", it will show what they've bid on, and the winning bidder on all those items matches up. I wonder if it is the Hard Rock Cafe or something? I've got their coffee table-style book, "Treasures of the Hard Rock Cafe", and it seems like it would be right up their alley. A beautiful book, by the way, but sorely lacking in the Coldplay department. ;)

Jason

Jason, which CA show(s) were you at last summer?

Congrats on your score of J's guitar.

I was at the Sleep Train Amphitheater... in fact, I was looking through this forum a few weeks ago and found someone that shot video on the opposite side from the photo I posted above:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpoa3bDF9ys]YouTube- Coldplay upclose, Sleep Train, 2009[/ame]

It was such an awesome concert. I also saw them at Arco Arena for the Twisted Logic tour...

Jason

thanks for the updates! :D

lo&loud[/color] - £5,800

Lot 6 - Parachutes Globe - NumbersGirl - £8,100

Lot 8 - Chris' Yamaha CP70 - christopher Martin - £4,000

Lot 9 - Fender Rhodes piano - lo&loud - £2,505

Lot 13 - Shiver Lith - DriftedFar^ - £670

Lot 15 - Don't Panic Lith #1 - Pallavi - £650

Lot 17 - Jonny's Fender Thinline Telecaster - Texasluvsjonny - £3,500

Lot 23 - Jonny's AROBTTH poster - Sirhc - £820

Lot 27 - Yellow Lith #1 - DriftedFar^ - £1,021.83

Lot 31 - Chris' Gibson J200 KC1 "Til Kingdom Come" - Afeather - £5,100

Lot 32 - Chris' Gibson J200 M1 "A Message" - bonedaddy - £5,650

Lot 38 - Will's Drum from "Talk" video - lo&loud - £1,850

Lot 39 - Jonny's Viva Guitar - Jason-DeBord - £15,000

Lot 45 - Autoharp - silver.lining42 - £3,600

Lot 46 - Guy's Viva Jacket - Afeather - £4,800

Lot 52 - Strawberry Swing Outfit - lo&loud - £6,100

So... , the total bids for Coldplayers (at least for those who have mentioned their wins on this thread) is over £65,000. That's over 25% of the total amount raised in the auction! Way to go, Coldplayers!

And that's not to say we were the only fans who won... I'm sure there were plenty of other fans that won, but they just aren't "official" members on coldplaying.com.

If any of the information here is incorrect (or if I just plain missed anything), let me know and I can edit the post.

Happy New Year everyone!

Jason

Yes, I suppose that makes sense now, it is good to be objective in the news-reporting department.

If you do decide to go to one of their last shows, and if you manage to get within sight of them, you should hold up a sign that says, "Jonny, your Viva guitar will be safe with me!" :lol: