✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

what venue could it be if its not the theatre? Their seating plan has a "circle" too:

http://www.royalcourtliverpool.co.uk/VenueInfo/Royal+Court+Seating+Plan

And: Can anyone tell us nice places to on staurday to have beers and good music. I´ve never been to Liverpool...

David

Well, the theater is our best bet right now! :nice:

Don't know about places to go in Liverpool, though, first time for me too :wacko:

If your after the touristy kind of trip then Matthews Street has a number of bars and places to eat.

The famous Cavern club is there and the new Hard Days Night hotel.

Liverpool One is a new shopping area in the city. Its a good place for a bit of a mooch about. There are a number of places to eat and drink in Liverpool One.

Concert Square is the main area of an evening, not so much for food but its were the club/bar scene is most popular.

The Albert Dock is again a bit of a touristy area. There are a number of very good places to eat and is a growing area with the new museum and the Echo Arena being built. There is also the big wheel, Liverpool's version of the London eye. Its a little out of the way but there are cabs all over the city.

You wont struggle to find anything really. As mentioned there are cabs everywhere and a pub on the corner of every road.

Hope all your travel's dont have any hitches.

Will keep you posted on the weather here.

Any Liverpool questions let me know.

Every single small charity Coldplay gig I've been to has been marred by damn snow! The War Child gig in Feb 2009 we had loads of late winter snow, Exeter last Christmas the travel was severely disrupted by snow, many people almost didn't make it due to the terrible travel conditions (me, Chris and Als included) and now there's loads forecast for this weekend. :sick: Damn me not actually being in Liverpool. Maybe I should go off "sick" and head up there tomorrow :wink2: :P

Every single small charity Coldplay gig I've been to has been marred by damn snow! The War Child gig in Feb 2009 we had loads of late winter snow, Exeter last Christmas the travel was severely disrupted by snow, many people almost didn't make it due to the terrible travel conditions (me, Chris and Als included) and now there's loads forecast for this weekend. :sick: Damn me not actually being in Liverpool. Maybe I should go off "sick" and head up there tomorrow :wink2: :P

When I checked the forecast for London/Liverpool/Newcastle it said the most there would be is light snow. :confused:

My main concern is the train ride from Liverpool to Newcastle. That CANNOT be delayed!!!

Here comes the desperate post...

I know that it's probably useless (cause those tickets are golden :smug: so it might be too late to hope for one) but if someone happens to have a spare ticket, I'd be more than happy to help you with it! :blush: (this also applies for the Newcastle gig)

In any case, have a blast everyone!!

Exeter last Christmas the travel was severely disrupted by snow, many people almost didn't make it due to the terrible travel conditions (me, Chris and Als included)

I'd actually forgotten about my nightmare drive down on the Friday night before I read this :laugh3: God, I thought I was never going to get there!

I'd actually forgotten about my nightmare drive down on the Friday night before I read this :laugh3: God, I thought I was never going to get there!

yeah last year in for exeter i made 400km to go and 400 to come back BY CAR, UK CAR, so inverse driving side! . Stansted-Exeter Exeter-Stansted, with the fuck*ng SNOW! but it was the best gig... :) so intimate..crazy!

FOR WHO HAS GOT STANDING TICKETS (or anyway whoever listed for liverpool)

have you received a new order confirmation email? cause my friend has received it again yesterday, it's the same of the one we received on 12november when we booked the coldplay.com tickets.

I have NOT received it again, do you? it's simply the same mail..but this is useless..Anyway i don't think it could be important.. Once i have the tickets confirmation of the day i bought them on november the 12th, i don't need anything else i suppose. So i don't know why did they send confirmations again to my friend.. doh..

Well,

I MIGHT have a spare ticket.

My friend was coming with me and her daughter is sick so she is not sure she will be able to go.

But it was the auction ticket, costing us 300 GBP.

And I will be sure only on Saturday if she is coming or not. So if there is anyone near Liverpool, who might be interested, please, let me know!

Met Office:

Snow showers will become increasingly frequent and heavy across Scotland, Northern Ireland and north Wales by the end of Thursday and will then extend south to the rest of Wales and southwest and central areas of England into Friday. Eastern coastal counties will also see snow showers for a time until early on Friday. Accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are expected in general, but with possibly 20 cm in places by Friday evening. Snow will be accompanied by strong north or northwesterly winds leading to some drifting.

This is expected to cause disruption to travel networks.

:( That's for the end of this week though, but still not good.

Just gonna have to wait and see I guess.

Well, I'm just mostly concerned with Saturday/Sunday/Monday. I'm taking the train from London to Liverpool on Saturday, so hopefully the tracks will be clear enough by then. But even if there is a delay, I should be okay... as long as I'm in Liverpool by Sunday morning.

And I'm planning to take a train from Liverpool to Newcastle early Monday morning, that's the more "critical" one since there is less time to negotiate with if there are delays. I haven't yet booked that train though, not sure which time I want to take yet: early, or super early.

* wonders if I should buy travel insurance *

Im doing the same london-liverpool train on Sat. The weather is so changable though, they only issued the severe weather warnings for today at 11pm last night...I think it's best to be prepared for it to be a nightmare getting there and then if it isn't, bonus. :P

I'm a worry wart by nature though, but with it being Christmas too...people starting to head home, the trains are gonna be packed to start with. Just gotta wait and see :shrug: