✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

TRAVEL LINKS

It just took me 5 hours to get home, there is very very little public transport running, but we got an awful lot of snow in a very short period of time which won't have helped at all.

The journey from London on virgin was fine, which is positive, the problems started once I got here. Had to wait an awful long time for a taxi who wouldnt take all the way home.

People travelling tomorrow keep checking here, enter your start and end destinations for service disruption notifications:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.html

If anyone is seriously considering driving its worthwhile checking the available motorway webcams leading into Liverpool before you travel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/liverpool/trafficcameras

All domestic and European flights run by British Airways from Gatwick between 10:00-17:00 have been cancelled. (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flightops/public/en_gb?p_faqid=4120)

All flights by BA from Heathrow have also been cancelled.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Southport which is half an hour north of Liverpool. Been hammering down with snow for hours, stuck the tape measure in the ground and its over 7 inches and is forecast to keep snowing until Tuesday. If the gig goes ahead I can't see how I could get there.

People travelling tomorrow keep checking here, enter your start and end destinations for service disruption notifications:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.html

So glad you got home ok (finally) Mich :)

Is that site accurate now? Last time they got into quite a lot of trouble because it was so inaccurate (showing trains running when there weren't any etc) :(

In Southport which is half an hour north of Liverpool. Been hammering down with snow for hours, stuck the tape measure in the ground and its over 7 inches and is forecast to keep snowing until Tuesday. If the gig goes ahead I can't see how I could get there.

Really hope you make it if the gig's on :)

Maybe it was only Kent last time, I don't know how bad the snow was in other areas, but yeah it was a huge problem. Even the night at the Dublin Castle after the boat (the week before the snow) it showed a perfect service from here to London when there wasn't one...

ANYWAY it's great to hear it was accurate today for London to Liverpool, that's the main thing for everyone now, thanks a lot :)

Some of these posts made me really worried for your guys - in particular in relation to the travel to Liverpool and Newcastle by plane and/or train.

I hope that you are all succeeding in going to these gigs and arriving there safe and sound.

When you are finally there, I bet that Coldplay will make sure that you are forgetting about the problems getting there playing:

TROUBLE making you SHIVER and feeling LOST, but look at all the CHRISTMAS LIGHTS and remember VIVA LA VIDA.

So: Don't Panic - Everything is not lost :thumbsup: :awesome:

AND remember: TAKE CARE OUT THERE !

Dilema

I need your help!! If I manage to get to the gig (with all the snow around) I have a dilema and I am not sure what course of action to take! I know there was a maximum of 2 tickets per transaction/person for the gig. I managed to secure 4 tickets in 2 separate transactions. So I now have 2 email verifications both registered to me. In terms of picking up the tickets - should I go to the box office with 2 emails and my card and ID - and pick up all 4 tickets at the same time. Or might I be informed that I have illegally purchased over the allocated amount? Or should I go up twice with individual email confirmations and pick tp the tickets separately??? AGGGHHH - I am so worried abot this.

So lucking forward to seeing fellow Coldplayers at the gig - but any advice really appreciated!!!!

Good luck everyone on getting to the gig, I hope everyone makes it safely. If you're planning of coming from south to north-- it is snowing in the south now (not very much) but it is causing delays on trains... It is also expected to worsen down here as the day progresses, so you may find yourself stuck up there for a bit.

Do we know what time the venue is being announced?

Announced this morning recieved a text message and its now on the crisis website venue is the royal court Liverpool,great venue for gigs... I live here in Liverpool and saw coldplay way back there when they were starting out ...

Tickets can be collected from 1pm till 2030 on sunday...

All those coming the gig be warned we have loads of snow!

If your coming into lime st station it's a 2 min walk over the road to the venue.

The text message from Crisis woke me up :D

Like others said the snow is a good few inches deep in Liverpool now and it's still snowing, however the Met Office is saying it should ease throughout today and be a lot drier tomorrow, that could easily change though, so still prepare for the worst I'd say.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_weather.html

I'm surprised how early the text message came through. I was expecting to be sat at the computer all night waiting for an email message to arrive.

I'm a little concerned about the weather but looking at the BBC forecast for Liverpool, it looks to be just cold and icy, but no snow. Touching wood, there's no problems with my train line (Nottingham, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool) but we all know how quickly it can change.

I already missed one show because of the bad weather, I'll be damned if I miss a second!

All domestic and European flights run by British Airways from Gatwick between 10:00-17:00 have been cancelled. (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/flightops/public/en_gb?p_faqid=4120)

All flights by BA from Heathrow have also been cancelled.

God Gatwick is the worst airport! It is always the first to close.

I hope that doesn't affect anyone flying today :(

Announced this morning recieved a text message and its now on the crisis website venue is the royal court Liverpool,great venue for gigs... I live here in Liverpool and saw coldplay way back there when they were starting out ...

Tickets can be collected from 1pm till 2030 on sunday...

All those coming the gig be warned we have loads of snow!

If your coming into lime st station it's a 2 min walk over the road to the venue.

what do you think the best thing to do is-pick the tickets up at 1.00 and go back later for the show?-fortunately I only live about 10 mins away from the royal court and don't really want to spend hours outside in the cold or tramping around the city centre-although the doors open at 7 what time do you think is the best to be queuing to get in-btw I am going with my son & this is the first ever gig he has ever been to -what a start for him!!

royal court is a great venue as well-seen some great shows over the years there-u2 on the war tour,echo & the bunnymen,smiths/neworder /fall show-now adding coldplayu to the list (i also saw killing joke and the nolans there(not on the same bill-different shows) but the less said about that the better)

what do you think the best thing to do is-pick the tickets up at 1.00 and go back later for the show?-fortunately I only live about 10 mins away from the royal court and don't really want to spend hours outside in the cold or tramping around the city centre-although the doors open at 7 what time do you think is the best to be queuing to get in-btw I am going with my son & this is the first ever gig he has ever been to -what a start for him!!

royal court is a great venue as well-seen some great shows over the years there-u2 on the war tour,echo & the bunnymen,smiths/neworder /fall show-now adding coldplayu to the list (i also saw killing joke and the nolans there(not on the same bill-different shows) but the less said about that the better)

Haha..... The nolans.....pmsl!

God ur son is lucky aswell....I keep reminding my girlfriend how lucky she is that am taking her ! Early chrimbo prezzy...

Personally I'm gonna call into town in the afternoon and pick my tix up as am only down the road in west derby myself....then just come back in the evening..by the looks of it were allocated seats so no point getting there early and considering the weather I don't fancy being stood outside!

Was in the royal court last week watching the scouse pacific play was sat in the circle and it's a great venue like you say...seen a fair few bands there's over the years,everyone is in for a great nite if they haven't been before!