✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[19-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Liverpool (ROYAL COURT THEATRE, 1 ROE ST, L1 1HL)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to add to the weather talk, I'm in Liverpool and the weather is nice: bright and clear with not even a hint of frost...

10 minutes up the road in Widnes there was a thick layer of ice on everything this morning...

10 minutes further than that it was fine...

Then half any hour later everything was covered in snow :rolleyes:

In short, it's no wonder the Met office keep changing their minds, it's freaky out there!

guys don't worry...they won't cancel, this is important to them, and they won't want to dissapoint their fans either,they love us all to much ♥

wish i was goin to :-(

hope everyone has a great time, take loads of pics plz!

Absolutely - they will be desperate not to cancel...

The thing is, though, if it's not safe to travel, it's not safe to travel. In Kent today we were told not to risk driving unless it's impossible to avoid. And there's an emergency train schedule tomorrow and...we only had about an inch of snow today here (to be fair though I think the problem this time is the ice lying under it).

And the problem isn't so much the snow and ice in Liverpool or Newcastle, as once we're actually there in the town centre it's (relatively) no problem getting to the gig...it's the conditions everywhere else that people have to travel through to get there.

The band obviously have much better travel options than us, but what about the equipment? I skidded in the car a few times today and once almost crashed into oncoming traffic...not fun. I sure wouldn't like to be driving a trailer full of equipment from Liverpool to Newcastle (and that's assuming it's already in Liverpool).

There's also got to be a point at which, even if the band and equipment can get there, it looks like a substantial part of the crowd probably can't...can they really go ahead with the gig then?

So fingers and everything else crossed. Sorry for the negative post, this really is worst-case scenario, but things aren't looking great right now :(

On a more positive note, we had all this just ten days ago, so surely lessons have been learned by the highways agency and the rail network? They announced today they're running 'ghost' trains tonight to keep the lines as clear as possible, which they didn't mention last time.

Again, fingers crossed, and Zeus-willing, everything will be running well enough for us all to get there :)

tonsu, you made me shiver my friend! :(:(:(

i really hope everything will be ok. i'll travel from leeds to liverpool. then i've to do it againg from liverpool to newcastle. i really hope at least to see the liverpool concert. crazy weather.

one thing, if i'll be able to get there and they cancel the gig, well, i'll burn liverpool :)

Absolutely - they will be desperate not to cancel...

The thing is, though, if it's not safe to travel, it's not safe to travel. In Kent today we were told not to risk driving unless it's impossible to avoid. And there's an emergency train schedule tomorrow and...we only had about an inch of snow today here (to be fair though I think the problem this time is the ice lying under it).

And the problem isn't so much the snow and ice in Liverpool or Newcastle, as once we're actually there in the town centre it's (relatively) no problem getting to the gig...it's the conditions everywhere else that people have to travel through to get there.

The band obviously have much better travel options than us, but what about the equipment? I skidded in the car a few times today and once almost crashed into oncoming traffic...not fun. I sure wouldn't like to be driving a trailer full of equipment from Liverpool to Newcastle (and that's assuming it's already in Liverpool).

There's also got to be a point at which, even if the band and equipment can get there, it looks like a substantial part of the crowd probably can't...can they really go ahead with the gig then?

So fingers and everything else crossed. Sorry for the negative post, this really is worst-case scenario, but things aren't looking great right now :(

On a more positive note, we had all this just ten days ago, so surely lessons have been learned by the highways agency and the rail network? They announced today they're running 'ghost' trains tonight to keep the lines as clear as possible, which they didn't mention last time.

Again, fingers crossed, and Zeus-willing, everything will be running well enough for us all to get there :)

Be safe on the road, silly man! :angry:

I see your point with the post, though... :uhoh: We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and keep our spirits up.

Anyway, I'd think the trailers might probably have snow tires or something, wouldn't they?

Ugh, I'm just really worried about my flight. It's stopped snowing, though, so not panicking yet.

I'll say it again - everyone who's travelling please take care! :hug:

(If the gigs are cancelled, can we expect a mourning party at your house, Pete? ;))

tonsu, you made me shiver my friend! :(:(:(

i really hope everything will be ok. i'll travel from leeds to liverpool. then i've to do it againg from liverpool to newcastle. i really hope at least to see the liverpool concert. crazy weather.

one thing, if i'll be able to get there and they cancel the gig, well, i'll burn liverpool :)

Heh... Shiver... :P

Yaaay, arson! :evil:

Sorry guys :cry:

Like I say, that's the worst-case scenario but maybe I shouldn't have posted...

<edit> I guess I just wanted to say that if the gig is cancelled it will be because the band have absolutely no choice whatsoever.

Be safe on the road, silly man! :angry:

I see your point with the post, though... :uhoh: We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and keep our spirits up.

Anyway, I'd think the trailers might probably have snow tires or something, wouldn't they?

Ugh, I'm just really worried about my flight. It's stopped snowing, though, so not panicking yet.

I'll say it again - everyone who's travelling please take care! :hug:

(If the gigs are cancelled, can we expect a mourning party at your house, Pete? ;))

I'm a very very careful driver Anna, but some of the roads are just crazy around here. We had rain that froze then snow on top of that. Hopefully I'm just worrying too much because things are bad around here after just a small amount of snow...it doesn't look that much better in many other parts of the country though :(

Oh yes, I'm sure the trailers are fully snow-prepared, good point, but even so...

And, of course everyone is welcome at mine for a party!! - bring a bottle (of anti-freeze for my car) please :P