✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-June-2011] Coldplay @ Rock am Ring: Nürburgring, Germany (Live Stream links in 1st post)

r25d01

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

What a fabulous fabulous concert. Major Minus is perhaps one of the best songs they've ever written. Jonny Buckland was just truly outstanding and I feel his standing as a guitar player will rocket during this LP5 era.

hanks to all those who provided the links for this. It made for a great evening of entertainment. Cannot wait to see them perform this on tv at Glastonbury and T in the Park. Those festival goers are in for an absolute treat.

I stopped breathing and cried.

Too beautiful.

I had never heard Life is for a living like that.

AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING concert

AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

:heart:

i was like :o

And fix you tonight erally shoked me

What a fabulous fabulous concert. Major Minus is perhaps one of the best songs they've ever written. Jonny Buckland was just truly outstanding and I feel his standing as a guitar player will rocket during this LP5 era.

hanks to all those who provided the links for this. It made for a great evening of entertainment. Cannot wait to see them perform this on tv at Glastonbury and T in the Park. Those festival goers are in for an absolute treat.

:clap:

I agree!

Everyone seems to really like "Charlie Brown." I was completely blown away by it. I can see it becoming a standout favorite once we get a studio recording of it.

This sums up what I thought about the whole thing: :bigcry: :wacky: :bomb: :dance:

I really love the sound of all the new songs. I think that's an understatement, actually. A lot of my LP5 worries have gone away completely. Yes, I still worry about them and their trajectory, but if I like the sound of the music, I like the sound of the music.

I AM ABOUT 600 TIMES MORE EXCITED TO SEE THEM AT OXEGEN NOW.

got it all recorded on my pc =)

i'll put it up as a whole thing soon, then i'll start cutting it into pieces tonight - therefor may i ask anyone to PM me a correctly numbered and full version of the setlist? thank you so much

Can you pull the whole thing and upload it in one link

LIKE A DVD!!!!

If it has good quality would be awesome!

AWESOME SHOW

Any doubts I may have had from ETIAW are put to rest.. I am so happy that they mixed up the setlist from yesterday, hope that continues for the rest of the summer

Song by Song breakdown:

MX: Little intro? Good lead into

Hurts Like Heaven: i'm digging it, chorus seems solid, we'll see how it develops from more listens

Yellow: classic, has to be played every show and a good way to get the audience into it after two new songs

In My Place: Fantastic as usual, like the confetti early in the show, makes the stage all pretty for the rest of it :)

Major Minus: Again, good on first listen, bet it'll get even better.. kinda dark, but it's a cool song.. not sure why "Major Minus" is the title though

Lost!: I like the addition of the balloons for this one, plus Singing In The Rain outro was a nice touch

Cemeteries Of London: interesting to see this guy pop up, but I love it and think it's one of the most underrated from VLV

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face: LOVE LOVE LOVE the new into, Chris fingerpicking the electric sounded soo cool

Violet Hill: was not expecting this to pop up, but they have a big catalogue and I hope they remember that when making their setlists this summer!

The Scientist: my favorite Coldplay song, so happy to see it return to it's full form and not that acoustic version

Us Against The World: Reminded me a lot of Til Kingdom Come but that's not necessarily a bad thing!

Politik: Perfectly placed in the setlist, great energy and sliding into VLV after that mini piano intro/outro was awesome

Viva La Vida: just like Yellow, got the audience to go crazy

Cartoon Heart: probably my favorite new song that they played, that guitar riff was amazing (I know the live stream called it "Charlie Brown" but I think "Cartoon Heart" is the real name)

Life Is For Living: WHAT?! Can't wait for more surprises like this one..

----

Clocks: Well, yeah, not what I wanted to hear, but they had to play it.

Fix You: This song is made for encores, I loved the Swallowed In The Sea > Fix You Encore from the X&Y tour, hope they bring that back

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall: I like this song more and more everytime I hear it, and I cannot imagine how awesome it must have been to hear as the finale in the rain!

*Jonny Buckland, picking up a stratocaster was the greatest decision you've every made

What? Charlie Brown is a faaaaaar better name than Cartoon Hearts for a song!!!

did anyone else's mouth hit the floor when they played life is for living?

Mine hit the floor and stayed there... still waiting for it come up again...

They keep getting better and better and even MORE BETTER... It was unbelievable, FANTASTIC. The new songs, I was really really impressed. Thanks for making my day Coldplay.

Best band in the whole wide wide world :)

What a great show! Charlie Brown is my favourite new song but I thought every single one had something special in it! ETIAW does sound amazing live! And ok perhaps it doesn't fit so well with the rest but I think that it's a good thing they experiment and that they do different things.

Did Chris' voice sound a bit tired to you? I hadn't noticed anything but my friend who isn't a huge fan (of course he likes them and all but you know... not obsessed) told me he found Chris exhausted.. :confused:

The show was brilliant !!!

+:

I liked the set they played.

I was glad to watch Politiks and Yellow.

I loved the new intro of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, it made me cry :D

The crowd was so great too despite the rain.

It was my first listening of Charlie Brown, I LOOOOOVED it !!!

Chris made me laugh.

- (only one point here):

I wish they could have played Life in Technicolor ii because i'm way too in love with this song.

Back to Coldplay .....of course it was an amazing show....it almost feels like you were there but with a much better view than usual :-)....the new songs are great....and teardrops just fit into the massive rain!!!

And sure - Chris got some nice arms!!! :-) :-) :-)

I'm looking forward to the new album and of a course the tour and I will be there whenever they will play in Germany. Nürburgring is not very far away from my home but this festival ist just too long and too expensive....:-( !!! Maybe it was even better to stay home and watch the live stream.