✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

Please do not post direct download links here.

You can listen to the song here until you can buy it tonight.

Christmas Lights

We are aware that the full track and video have already leaked. Absolutely NO direct download links in any part of the public forum, signature or otherwise.

Linking to other sites that have it is not ideal but I can't stop other sites hosting or uploading this material. If they want to risk getting into trouble with EMI that's upto their respective webmasters.

Please don't put this site in jeopardy through impatience. There are only a few hours to go.

Ian :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as leaks make me not die of anticipation...I hope we all still download the song and video legally tonight...:uhoh:

Yes, I'm one of those people.

+1000000000000000

Totally agree with you. :)

Btw, the RHYTHM of the song............absolutely BRILLIANT.

Love it. :heart:

Oh my God. The shot where they zoom out on the stage and you can see St. Paul's and all the Christmas lights in the trees...I teared up :bigcry:. That's really what it was like. Oh my God.

And Chris had to do the take where he pops up from the ground SO MANY TIMES :lol:. And the confetti was being a problem, and he kept getting caught in the curtains at the end...it's crazy to be able to remember all those little things :freak:.

After seeing it, I maintain the boat is a totally random and perhaps disorienting addition, but because I'm on it, I don't care :P

The song is - as far as music is concerned - absolutely gorgeous!

But why are coldplay songs always that bad recorded?

Anyway, looking forward to LP5, hopefully Bob Ludwig will do a better job in mastering than he did on Viva La Vida or Death and all of his Friends.

The song is - as far as music is concerned - absolutely gorgeous!

But why are coldplay songs always that bad recorded?

Anyway, looking forward to LP5, hopefully Bob Ludwig will do a better job in mastering than he did on Viva La Vida or Death and all of his Friends.

What do you mean "bad recorded"? :inquisitive:

I got bored and took the time to transcribe the lyrics.

all but one lyric, I think I'm bang on the money.

Christmas night, another fight,

tears we cried a flood,

Got all kinds of poison in, poison in my blood.

Took my feet to oxford street,

Trying to right a wrong;

Just walk away, those windows sing,

and I can't believe she's gone.

When your still waiting for the snow to fall;

It doesn't really feel like christmas at all.

A couple of candles only flicker

Oh they flicker and they float

and I'm up here holding on to all those chandeliers of hope,

Like some drunken out there singing,

I go singing out of tune;

Singing how I always loved you darling and I always will,

But when your still waiting for the snow to fall;

It doesn't really feel like christmas at all. [X2]

Those christmas lights, light up the street

Down where the sea unsettled me, [this line is almost certainly wrong/can't figure it!]

May all your troubles soon be gone

Oh christmas lights, keep shining on.

Those christmas lights light up the street

Maybe they'll bring her back to me,

and then all my troubles they'll be gone

Oh christmas lights, keep shining on.

[instrumental + Awesome boat singers]

Oh oh oh OHHHH oh oh, oh-oh.

Oh christmas lights light up the street

Light up the fireworks in me

May all your troubles soon be gone

Those christmas lights, keep shining on.

:dance:

It was the beginning I was rusty on, I think because it was so quiet, even though they did it 95864587495 times with Chris and the pop-up floor :lol:.

I still maintain I like "light up the fire once in me" better :disappointed: :P

What do you mean "bad recorded"?

I simply mean the quality of the mastering. The bass is way too far in the mid-tones. The overall presence of all of the instruments is too dense. It's ok if you hear their music on your Ipod, or on your standard pc stereo-system.

Their music and their way of producing is awesome, but try to listen to their current album on a high-end audio-system (take the 12" or the CD of course ;)) and I'm sure you will notice some very specific differences. It doesn't sound right and - most importantly - it doesn't sound worth the way they are musically talented.

They sound great, musically speaking but my opinion the recording should be worth their music, too ;)

I do not try to go off-topic here so again: Thanks Coldplay for an awesome piece dedicated to the wonderful christmas time!

I've actually heard a few sources claim (though they may be unreliable) that this is on LP5 and isn't just a one-off christmas release; that would be neat.

"Can I categorically say here and now that Christmas Lights is a stand alone song and has absolutely no bearing on what is to follow. Nor is it any indication of any kind as to when the album will be released"

- Oracle

Their music and their way of producing is awesome, but try to listen to their current album on a high-end audio-system (take the 12" or the CD of course ;)) and I'm sure you will notice some very specific differences. It doesn't sound right and - most importantly - it doesn't sound worth the way they are musically talented.
I understand what you mean, especially on Strawberry Swing, it can be difficult to listen to if the bass is not turned down from the rest of the album. Depends on whether I need to annoy the neighbours, of course ;)

If anybody could twitter me a download link to the song that would be much appreciated.

@Pezza192

I got up this morning excited about buying it. Turns out its 8pm. :(

I'll be purchasing it tonight anyway.

Thanks all.