✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously have listened to it about 50 times so far on repeat, and I love it more every time I hear it :bigcry:. To be honest, the first time I heard it on the boat, even though I really liked it, I thought it was really predictable, and I suppose it is, but besides that, it's just fricking beautiful.

I love that it's a personal song and not all cliche-Christmassy with sleighbells and stuff.

I still laugh that he says he's going to right a wrong by going to Oxford Street, though...he's going to fix some fight with a present from a shop on the most consumerist street in Europe, I guess :lol:.

i've only just heard the song (not yet seen the video and will only allow myself to listen to the song once) but did anyone else find "our contribution" to be slightly out of place? someone said this about on the video as well, but on the song, perhaps because i knew when it was coming (?), our "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh..." seemed odd. maybe i'll have to just listen to the song without trying to listen to our part!

I agree.......we sound a little slow and a little gloomy. Maybe it will seem more festive when we see the vid to go with it?

I feel like the video makes it seem MORE out of place :lol:. But that's just me. I don't really care, since it was amazing to be a part of it in any small way, but if there wasn't a story behind the people on the boat, whether I was a part of it or not, I'd see this video and be like "so why the hell did they throw a boat in there?" :P

I seriously have Pavlov's Dog syndrome, though. I was just listening to it on a bus and in the city and stuff, and I sang our part every time and had a irresistible urge to raise my arm...

I love that it's a personal song and not all cliche-Christmassy with sleighbells and stuff.

THIS ^ ∞

So, when you download it off iTunes, will it just be the song or will it be the video too? Or will you only be able to download the video from Ping?

I thought our voices would be louder, but I still love the fact that we're in there. And it's nice to know that the others made up for my absolutely horrid singing voice. :nice:

I'm sorry I'm spamming this thread, guys, I'm just so excited :dance:

I'll shut up soon, I promise...until 8PM :P

Chelsea,

That part was cool...But even though we were out in the cold too, I really was feeling pretty bad for Chris especially. He had to wear just that shirt/vest combo....at least we were a little bundled up. And we could leave...he was trapped till 3!

I know, I felt really bad for all of them, honestly :\. I think the cold was a significant part of the frayed nerves going on on set, completely understandably. But they also had a warm trailer to take breaks in...:P. Jonny said something to that effect later on, he was like "aren't you guys cold?" and I said I was more worried about them, and he was like "at least we can warm up!"

I thought it was candles, but it's 'Cameras'

:)

But does cameras make sense? :thinking: Candles just fits better to me...flickering cameras, yes, but floating cameras? I'd actually find it really funny if Chris worked in paparazzi into the song :lol:

I really think that it'll be on Amazon, too, everyone :D. I have no evidence for that, really, but that's how things usually go these days. I bet Chris just mentioned iTunes because it's the biggest name downloading source and Coldplay likes to suck up to Apple :P. I don't think that means it'll ONLY be available on iTunes.

I'm not sure if/how Amazon does video downloads, though :uhoh:.

Where is everyone listening to the whole song? Ive searched everywhere on the net! Someone help please!!

I think no one replied to you.... Sorry.

The song was on tumblr (http://imjustmilesaway.tumblr.com/) but apparently it's not anymore... :(

A few more hours and we'll all be able to listen to it on iTunes and see the video. :) :)

CANNOT WAIT!

Amazing day. Just saying. :) :heart:

Barely :lol:. It'll be easier to freeze-frame and look when the HD version comes out, but yeah, the boat is in it for like a max of two seconds :P. I'm waiting for drama to start about that later tonight :dozey:.

um, no one better complain about that- it's so much better that your voices are actually ON A FUCKING COLDPLAY TRACK. seriously, screw the video, I think THAT'S the most amazing part. :wacko:

every time I hear that part, I'm like "that's Coldplaying, on a Coldplay track!" :bomb: :D

You can hear it in vivalacoldplay.com too

And I forgot it could also be heard on the French forum: http://xandcoldplay.fr/ but you have to be subscribed.

I couldn't wait.

I'm sitting in my office, blasting it.

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

Sad, actually.

But so gorgeous. Best Christmas song I've ever heard.

It is. :)

Sad but hopeful.

And SO beautiful. :) :heart: