✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!!!! Phil did say that when the album got released they would tour much later than Viva, so maybe Jan or Feb. then June's festival in Germany will kick it off??? OMG I can't wait to see if the Boat will hold great surprises!!!

I'm seriously starting to think that they're going to take the opportunity on the boat to play new material for the first time in order to test it out live.

Hope so, I'm going! :D

this is incredible news. my earlier post was just the initial euphoric reaction. ITS SO SOON.

and someone stated above about phil saying they would take sometime after the album releases before touring. i know the band said that at one point too. if they're already booking things for june it could either mean they've scrapped their plan (would be something they would do) or the release will be earlier than the consensus has been on here.

i don't expect january, but now february or march doesn't seem so unlikely.

And if they were not just on the boat tomorrow but they ACTUALLY PLAYED music, i'd probably break my face from smiling (i'm a smiler not much for screaming...)

Great news!!!! Phil did say that when the album got released they would tour much later than Viva, so maybe Jan or Feb. then June's festival in Germany will kick it off??? OMG I can't wait to see if the Boat will hold great surprises!!!

THere you are! I was going to text you, but my phone died...

6 days...

If that were yellow and smaller I'd totally add it to the Coldplayer family!

We need someone with art skillz! :bomb:

Maybe I'll try. . .:anxious:

How small does it have to be? Is it okay if it's a bit larger, otherwise the smiley's going to be midget sized with the hearts taking up the space. . .:wacko:

Damn! This is a fantastic day! I love the times when new Coldplay news just start popping everywhere, but "Christmas Lights" next week!? Totally didn't see that coming. And "The countdown" has begun" makes it sound like there's more to this release than just the song. As if everything is all set to go.. Kinda have a feeling they'll start putting single songs out for a while.. And then hit us with the actual album?! Which will not contain any of the singles, but just a bunch of new music!! Damn this is too too too exciting!

Awesome news!

"Violet Hill" / Viva la Vida comparison:

- "Violet Hill" released on the official Coldplay website on 29 April 2008;

- Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends released on 11 June 2008;

= album released 44 days after the first new song was released.

So, maybe...

- "Christmas Lights" released on 1 December 2010;

- New album released somewhere around 15 January 2011?;)

mmm , no i dont think so . I think Christmas light its to get in the holiday spirit and its a christmas song that has nothing to do with LP5.

The same way that previous bands and artist release christmas songs separately from their studio albums ( for example the killers releasing a christmas song each year ).