✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

For Your Consideration...

footyfan10

SATURDAY: Everyone, just want to apologize for being negative with everything. I was disappointed to not do the Q&A but what I did get to be apart of was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had been having a couple of bad months and I think I sort of put a lot of expectation into the night. It wasn't necessarily what I'd hoped for, but in the circumstances I chose not to look at the countless positives. I really do apologize for that. It was different than what I'd expected, but if I'd known going in I'd still have wanted to do it all the same. I feel quite bad if this has gotten back to the band. They let 100 of their fans be apart of a video. How many bands would do something so cool.

I don't think I should have offended anyone with what I said, as all I was expressing was disappointment, but if I did I apologize. I was really lucky to be apart of the video and I can't wait to see the results this Wednesday.

I admire your decision to travel such a long way, I really do, and I don't know how I'd feel if I were you, but seriously, what were you in it for? Did you really travel to London only for meeting fellow Coldplayers and Phil & Miller? Or were you expecting 'something more'? I know if I even consider a long journey I've got to know what I will be doing when I get there just to have no regrets later on. Abouzt the expenses, well you knew what you were getting into, right? Even the plane ticket mustn't have been cheap.

From the band's point of view, I don't think they expected fans would even consider flying from all parts of the world, and I'm sure they're very proud to have such brilliant fans. The whole thing probably wasn't planned so much in advance, that's why it came out a bit different that what you'd like. I still think it's a nice thing they did for the fans. Plus you're always going to be able to say it you were there in the video! ;)

for what it's worth, had I been there, I would have been just as disappointed as you are. If I had spent 24 hours on a plane each way and then not even got to see the band, I would have been upset, They sold it as this AMAZING experience. Yes , they never said you would see the band...but they DID say that you would see Miller, Matt and Phil. I think you have every right to feel as you do. Sorry to say, but I am so far king glad that even though I was feeling better, my husband put his foot down and said NO, otherwise I reckon Id be feeling pretty pissed right now. Like I said in the other thread, thrilled for those who had fun, and sorry to all those who feel let down.

Lucy xxx

I admire your decision to travel such a long way, I really do, and I don't know how I'd feel if I were you, but seriously, what were you in it for? Did you really travel to London only for meeting fellow Coldplayers and Phil & Miller? Or were you expecting 'something more'? I know if I even consider a long journey I've got to know what I will be doing when I get there just to have no regrets later on. Abouzt the expenses, well you knew what you were getting into, right? Even the plane ticket mustn't have been cheap.

From the band's point of view, I don't think they expected fans would even consider flying from all parts of the world, and I'm sure they're very proud to have such brilliant fans. The whole thing probably wasn't planned so much in advance, that's why it came out a bit different that what you'd like. I still think it's a nice thing they did for the fans. Plus you're always going to be able to say it you were there in the video! ;)

I was genuinely amazed how many Americans had flown over specially for this event. It shows the dedication of American fans, which may go someway to explain why the band appear to have a special affection for the US.

But no one can say they were tricked.... Coldplay HQ never said you would be meeting the band, and aside from Phil (who I didn't see), I thought the peeps who they said were on the boat after all...

I personally really enjoyed the evening, and it's not every day you can say you were in a pop video, least still a COLDPLAY video!

As Jamie said in the other thread, some people's expectations were unfortunately way too high, and therefore there was always extremely likely that there was going to be disappointment.

I agree that some things could have been organised a bit better (i.e. the karaoke and handing out signed photos to everyone there), but some of the reactions have been way over-the-top!

I'm baffled. Why are people complaining so ferociously? Granted I live on the other side of the planet and hadn't been following the pre-planning buzz too closely, but from what I gathered, there was no promise of an exclusive meet and greet with the band.

You all made the decision to travel there and - the way I see it - got way more than was predicted. It's seems like a pretty thoughtful move on the part of the boys, and I would have given an arm and a leg to participate in a Coldplay music video, however brief the sequence and testing the environment.

To me that seems an amazing experience so I'm confused as to why the resounding vibe seems to be that of negativity.

I'm trying to see your disappointment, but as someone who wasn't able to go, it just sounds a bit unfair towards the band and everyone who was on that boat.

It was never said that the band would show up and do you really think the band would expect to see people coming from the States and even from further away just to see Phil? You knew from the start that you'd have to pay for all your expenses, so please don't say they asked you to do this, they never did, it was your decision to come.

And I honestly think the band thought you'd all see the chance of being in a Coldplay video as something way better than a Q&A ... just my opinion.

I would have loved to be there, just to meet all the nice Coldplayers and to see some friends again.

I completely understand you, and even though I am sure it was great to be there, I know it was too much money to give - of course, some people would have given the money anyway, but they should have said the right reason...

I feel sorry when somebody here tells you to STFU and mature stuff like that, I mean,you are just expressing your opinion, and there is no disrespect towards the band there. At the end of the day, we are all human, and even the band can get criticized, in between the worship.

Totally agree with this. You're an adult (I assume) and you made the choice to spend thanksgiving abroad and the money and travel based on the limited information they were able to give. You knew right from the start you'd have to give up two days. Plus there were certainly no promises that you would meet the band or anything even close to that. They didn't ask people to travel far - in fact they'd probably have been shocked that so many people did. It was just a nice gesture by the band to have coldplay fans in their video, rather than extras who didn't care at all about the music.

This is not a 'defend the band for anything' response, I really do feel like you really have no reason to be so upset about this - certainly not towards the band and the people who oragnised it. I'm sorry if you did come all that way for the Q&A with Phil, but it sounds to me like your expected a LOT more than that - and nothing was promised.

Perhaps you should concentrate on the positives of the night, or just a lesson for next time.

They may should have brought McGinn, Miller and Phil. I always said I'd be happy whith what we're being offered and I honestly think that the video shoot was even better than that. I had a fantastic evening and got to talk to some very nice people. The whole atmosphare was amazing! And everytime I'll see this video in the forthcoming years (This beautiful song's gonna be of of the greatest Christmas hits ever, I suppose) it will remember me of the great time I had there and it's just awesome that we've been a part of that. And please don't argue on the basis of expectations. We had the choice to go there or not and we shouldn't go ONLY for the hope of meeting someone else there they haven't announced. I also don't understand why we need more thread than one for this kind of discussion.

I think when the video's released we'll al be happy to see it. We might still get the chance to meet the roadies and Phil someday but this experience yesterday was unique. Say your opinions but please don't undervalue what we actually got.

=)

But no one can say they were tricked.... Coldplay HQ never said you would be meeting the band, and aside from Phil (who I didn't see), I thought the peeps who they said were on the boat after all...

I personally really enjoyed the evening, and it's not every day you can say you were in a pop video, least still a COLDPLAY video!

+100000

It was never said that the band would show up and do you really think the band would expect to see people coming from the States and even from further away just to see Phil? You knew from the start that you'd have to pay for all your expenses, so please don't say they asked you to do this, they never did, it was your decision to come. .

+10000

You made your choice, assume it. No need to blame the band for sthg that was NEVER promised! Plus, you're gonna be on a CP music video! I would have prefered freeze releasing a balloon than being in a work office...believe me! So maybe you should get some perspective...

Well, if the guy doesn't have cping friends I understand why he feels disappointed, I thought the best part of the day would be seeing cping friends.

I appreciate the honesty of the guy because even if his opinion is unpopular he's still telling us how he's feeling now and you shouldn't attack him because of that.

Now, if you're complaining because the band didn't show up, that's another case because they never said they'd be there, but if you're disappointed because the organization of the event wasn't that good, you definitely have the right to post your opinion.

ou guys would have every right to criticize me for feeling this way if the band just delivered what they said they would, but they did not do that. Maybe everyone else didn't get the vibe, but after being herded onto a boat, leaving a dock and THEN telling us we have to sign a legal agreement, being herded onto a deck and off in the freezing cold, I felt whoever planned our little venture thought we could be bought very cheaply.

this sounds weird but probably it was organized by the music video people and not the band.

Give something back?

There is another way of looking at this ... as fans we take, take, take.. this was our opportunity to do something ourselves for the band which was very appreciated by Chris (he said so).

We often talk about "Coldplay karma"... here was our chance for us to do something for the band for a change.

Freezing for a couple of hours (from someone who does this every weekend!) is nothing really in the grand scheme of things, given how many hours they put into touring, song writing etc.

I wasn't there, but agree with the poster, he posted his honest opinions, may not be the opinions of others from the boat.

There was supposed to be a Q&A with Phil, Matt, and Miller, THIS WAS PROMISED, to some Coldplayers this is a big deal. I can't believe Phil and Millers parts for the Video wasn't known ahead of time.

To appear in a Coldplay Video is epic, you will treasure it forever, but I couldn't have seen myself, with a family, shelling out the money to be in debt for the holidays to have made the trip.

I wasn't there, but agree with the poster, he posted his honest opinions, may not be the opinions of others from the boat.

There was supposed to be a Q&A with Phil, Matt, and Miller, THIS WAS PROMISED, to some Coldplayers this is a big deal. I can't believe Phil and Millers parts for the Video wasn't known ahead of time.

To appear in a Coldplay Video is epic, you will treasure it forever, but I couldn't have seen myself, with a family, shelling out the money to be in debt for the holidays to have made the trip.

This. Exactly.

And don't hate on the OP's opinion, he has a right to it and it's not necessarily your own.

It was never said that the band would show up and do you really think the band would expect to see people coming from the States and even from further away just to see Phil? You knew from the start that you'd have to pay for all your expenses, so please don't say they asked you to do this, they never did, it was your decision to come.

i'm with imke. i couldn't believe people were actually traveling from the states on such a short notice when it wasn't even announced that the band would be there.

i can see why you are disappointed, but it really was your own decision to go :\

I don't really get why I'm being told to stfu. :\

I realize a lot of people, now knowing it was a video shoot, would have given an arm and a leg to be there. But I don't happen to be like you in that respect.

I am an adult. There's nothing childish about what I'm saying. Will people understand that I wasn't saying I thought we'd meet the band. I meant meet Phil, Matt and Miller. As was promised.

And all this stuff about, "you made the decision" is true. I did make the decision. But it was a decision informed by details that turned out to be untrue. As the director said, "we tricked you". Some people were happy with the change. I wasn't. That's all.

Furthermore, I didn't bring this up really to rehash all that. I brought it up because I feel it was presumed this video night would be more fun, but there are different Coldplay fans out there and that wasn't a fair presumption of anyone to make. I feel like a used fan. Coldplay never made me feel that way until last night.

Honestly, are there not even a few people who wouldn't want to be in a music video?

I am an adult. There's nothing childish about what I'm saying. Will people understand that I wasn't saying I thought we'd meet the band. I meant meet Phil, Matt and Miller. As was promised.

And all this stuff about, "you made the decision" is true. I did make the decision. But it was a decision informed by details that turned out to be untrue. As the director said, "we tricked you". Some people were happy with the change. I wasn't. That's all.

i understand. if that is what you came for, i can see why you're not happy now.

i'm also gonna say that i had "higher expectations" but decided against going either way. now that i know what happened, i'm glad i didn't spend all that money - with no offence to anyone who went (or the band)!!! i'm sure many of you had the most amazing time and that's great! :) i just think it wouldn't have been my cup of tea.

it's really cool that you're in the video and i'm happy for you - i just hope people won't be disappointed when they see the result on wednesday :\

I didn't mean to attack you in anyway, it just seemd a bit over-the-top to me how disappointed you are considering that you say yourself that you had a good time.

Telling you to stfu is not the way to go, I agree, and I hope I didn't come across as too rude.

But like I said earlier, I really think everyone (band and management) assumed that all the fans would be more than happy to be in a video and to have this whole boat filled with other Coldplayers.

I'm sorry that it wasn't that way for you.

Thank you for your review, I enjoyed reading it and can understand where you are coming from.

I'm honestly sorry that you regret doing it. I think in time, you might realise what a special opportunity this was and appreciate it over spending another Thanksgiving the way you normally would.

Well, as I've said, I think it's totally baffling that people were disappointed!

I respect everybody's right to their own opinion and I'm not trying to in any way

challenge that, but COME ON! - I think as a few people have said - if they'd said

'We're giving 100 fans the chance to appear in a Coldplay video' you'd still have applied.

if you want to ask a particular question that badly, then spam the oracle! (Debs).

Well, as I've said, I think it's totally baffling that people were disappointed!

I respect everybody's right to their own opinion and I'm not trying to in any way

challenge that, but COME ON! - I think as a few people have said - if they'd said

'We're giving 100 fans the chance to appear in a Coldplay video' you'd still have applied.

if you want to ask a particular question that badly, then spam the oracle! (Debs).

Well I dunno, the 100 fans might have just come in from around the London area, and not abroad,:thinking: there's a big difference "Appearing" in a Coldplay Video, compared to having a nano second on the vid itself, maybe certain people feel this was a life changing thing to be apart of, but to others the Q&A with live people like Phil, Miller, and Matt was the life changing moment to them. To say spam The Oracle, "Debs) for particular questions was kinda lame for you to say.

I wasn't there, so I take it all in from what I read and understand this Video was important to some, and not so important to others, and everyone should respect and enjoy whatever it was they took away from this experience. Have some peace people..............:kiss: