✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thoughts on the 'revealed' song names for the LP5.

Saket

i think up with the birds sounds cool, i really like that name honestly, i think hurts like heaven sounds awesome too...like how they turned something with really negative connotism and spun it around to sound good (classic coldplay), but every teardrop is a waterfall does sort of seem like a wimpy name but i have no doubt all of these songs are incredible

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys on about Florence from Florence & the machine? If so Im sorry but her music does not reach me at all. Don't mean to offend anyone but her songs are just avg to me. And I think I can't judge by the names. The way Chris has described the songs has me very curious..

Dec 1st and announcement of perhaps album release date and tour dates coming soon... One can only hope as they missed Florida on the last tour due to Chris being sick so hoping they come back twice this time to make up fr it.. Once in Orlando and then maybe Tampa?? A girl can wish can't she?

Where you at in Florida??????

Dec 1st and announcement of perhaps album release date and tour dates coming soon... One can only hope as they missed Florida on the last tour due to Chris being sick so hoping they come back twice this time to make up fr it.. Once in Orlando and then maybe Tampa?? A girl can wish can't she?

Yes a girl must wish that!!

I can't even think about the Tampa show:bigcry:

A bunch of Coldplay titles are pretty weird... 'Lovers in Japan' and 'Reign of Love' aren't exactly the greatest names on earth. But the music is brilliant. And that's why we're here, isn't it? To appreciate the music, not the song titles.

FYI, I actually kind of like them :smug:

SORRY ABOUT THE CURSING........

UP WITH THE BIRDS, sounds like the 70's NY Graffiti theme, Everyone in the 70's had that stick your middle finger up at anyone sorta thing, as if to say, "I'm not gonna put up with your Shit", "So Fuck You", sorta like Chris commenting about The White Rose Movement and speaking out on things you believe in, instead of worrying what people think and staying quiet it's like stand united and show the bird, (middle finger)

I don't care what the titles are, I just can't wait to hear them all!!!!!!!!!!

OH SHIT! I never even thought of "birds" being used in that way. In that case...I'd be surprised and excited. Coldplay don't give people the middle finger do they?!

A bunch of Coldplay titles are pretty weird... 'Lovers in Japan' and 'Reign of Love' aren't exactly the greatest names on earth. But the music is brilliant. And that's why we're here, isn't it? To appreciate the music, not the song titles.

FYI, I actually kind of like them :smug:

ya i like them too, i actually think theyre great titles theyre just sort of strange to think about at first, i didnt listen to lovers in japan for soooo long thinking it would be a weird horrible song, but the song is INCREDIBLE and has almost nothing to do with Japan anyway...

At first I thought they sounded silly, but remember when we found out some titles for the last album? I thought Lovers in Japan sounded silly too, and look how wrong I was! :lol:

I guess we can't really judge until we hear the songs.

They are bloody awful titles....but I was dead against Viva La Vida as a title, last time around and it turned out to be great. That's not to say the same thing will happen this time.

The Every Drop is a Waterfall title is written on the wall though, so unfortunately I doubt it's a joke. :confused:

Like you guys and so many others have said, I think these titles are shite, but I also thought about 90% of the titles of the songs on VLV were shite, too. I actually got really worried when we got the tracklisting...and it all turned out pretty damn fabulous to me.

I remember being particularly repulsed by "Strawberry Swing" and "Death and All His Friends," and those are probably my two favorite tracks, and were upon first listen. So I've learned to not really read too much into song titles (even if these are particularly pooey-sounding) and I just hope they'll turn out alright again for me personally :D

SORRY ABOUT THE CURSING........

UP WITH THE BIRDS, sounds like the 70's NY Graffiti theme, Everyone in the 70's had that stick your middle finger up at anyone sorta thing, as if to say, "I'm not gonna put up with your Shit", "So Fuck You", sorta like Chris commenting about The White Rose Movement and speaking out on things you believe in, instead of worrying what people think and staying quiet it's like stand united and show the bird, (middle finger)

I don't care what the titles are, I just can't wait to hear them all!!!!!!!!!!

ooooh, i never thought about that :wacko:

that actually makes a lot of sense.