✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thoughts on the 'revealed' song names for the LP5.

Saket

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if they'll actually drop f-bombs in these songs :P

lol i hope not....the fact that they dont curse in songs is something i respect about them...but i did think at one point that in amsterdam when is said "its no cause for concern" i thought the "for con" was f***in :\

Chrissy's Daddy would be very disappointed in :chris::censored::whip::P:D

oh yeah, that wouldn't be good.

then maybe Chrissy's daddy would ground him and he couldn't go on a world tour. :\

but then we could write him a letter and say, "please can Chrissy come out and play [concerts]? if he says bads words again we promise to repeatedly poke him in the arm with sticks and say, 'no, Chris! that's bad'."

what? :uhoh: i need to go to sleep :P

oh yeah, that wouldn't be good.

then maybe Chrissy's daddy would ground him and he couldn't go on a world tour. :\

but then we could write him a letter and say, "please can Chrissy come out and play [concerts]? if he says bads words again we promise to repeatedly poke him in the arm with sticks and say, 'no, Chris! that's bad'."

what? :uhoh: i need to go to sleep :P

:lol:

This thread seems rather pointless to me.

I don't see how the titles can be judged before we hear the actual songs.

Plus Chris says a lot of things. He could have been just joking or thinking out loud.

And remember we don't really get the context of what he said, since it was in a written article and not in a video or something.

Everything's not Lost and Reign of Love are both ridiculous titles (in my opinion) but awesome songs, so we'll see.

What? Are you kidding o.O I love the titles. Or maybe you're just a USA/UK citizen and that's why it sounds silly to you. But well ETIAW is too much I think. I hope we'll get used to this title and later we'll all think that it's great. I hope.

This thread seems rather pointless to me.

I don't see how the titles can be judged before we hear the actual songs.

Plus Chris says a lot of things. He could have been just joking or thinking out loud.

And remember we don't really get the context of what he said, since it was in a written article and not in a video or something.

well, 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall' has been written on their wall (as seen in the picture for the Q article), so that's probably not a joke :P

I don't know what is hiding behind those names - maybe those songs are perfection. But the fact is that the titles are shitty. I think that Coldplay sounded much more mature in their twenties than now. Really, "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"?:shocked2: WTF? I cannot imagine four bearded men in their thirties singing about the tears and when it hurts like heaven.

I love Coldplay. I believe in them. They have never done anything tasteless before. I love almost all their songs with a very few exceptions. And I love ALL the titles. But I'm afraid I might just not like the new songs as the old ones. I believe the emotion in Trouble. I don't believe the emotion in Wedding Bells.

omg guys, the titles are not bad! "Every Teardrop is a Waterfal" is beautiful! For me "Reign Of Love" is the only horrible Coldplay song name and I also don't like it. "Hurts Like Heaven", excellent title! "Up With the Birds"... Well, Up With the Birds is a bit strange.:embarrassed:

+1

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Hartroc;4563920

Everything's not Lost and Reign of Love are both ridiculous titles (in my opinion) but awesome songs, so we'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What? Are you kidding o.O I love the titles. Or maybe you're just a USA/UK citizen and that's why it sounds silly to you. But well ETIAW is too much I think. I hope we'll get used to this title and later we'll all think that it's great. I hope.

What does me being US have anything to do with it? Lol. Everything's Not Lost isn't actually terrible, just kind of cheesy. And Reign of Love sounds like...I don't know what.

I like titles like Clocks, Violet Hill, Speed of Sound, Spies, etc. Vague in a way that doesn't limit the song, but strong enough to captivate you.

Up With The Birds makes me think of the Oasis song Up In The Sky but good point connecting it to the middle finger. Its hard to judge, for a moment I was thinking some titles sound kind of meh but that doesn't mean anything. Someone mentioned when they first heard the title Strawberry Swing and how they felt about it. I remember thinking "strawberry"..."swing" :\ ughh ok. Then I listened to it and realized it could of been called.. goose feet and I would still like it after hearing it. I did like the title Death and All His Friends and I liked the song within the first few words.

Can't wait for the new album at the end of the day you could name the songs 1,2,3,4 and they would still be great.

:lol: ^

Maybe 'Every teardrop is a waterfall' will feature the band topless under a waterfall, sweat dripping down them on a beach while hula dancers come running out of the sea :P

+1 that's what the boys should do if they want to beat Take That in terms of records sales... :P

What does me being US have anything to do with it? Lol. Everything's Not Lost isn't actually terrible, just kind of cheesy. And Reign of Love sounds like...I don't know what.

I like titles like Clocks, Violet Hill, Speed of Sound, Spies, etc. Vague in a way that doesn't limit the song, but strong enough to captivate you.

Well, maybe because it's in you're language? Clocks or Speed Of Sound sound awesome as a titles, but in Polish they sound like a shit. And the oposite, you don't 'like' Reign of Love, but in other language this title could kick ass. That's why I think it has some kind of influence.

:lol: ^

Maybe 'Every teardrop is a waterfall' will feature the band topless under a waterfall, sweat dripping down them on a beach while hula dancers come running out of the sea :P

Very good idea.