✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thoughts on the 'revealed' song names for the LP5.

Saket

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, "Up With The Birds" reminds me of "Speed of Sound" very much. You know the 'birds go flying at the speed of sound' thing and then from the underground, um well...This title is hmm I think good. Well, "Hurts like heaven" suggests an epic song, sad and sublime at the sime time, but the title itself is a bit lame. And um... "Every Teardrop is a waterfall" , well I love Coldplay and all the things they do, and whatever they do I will still love them...but I don't like this one very much as well o.O

I'm sorry Coldplay forgive me :escaping:

SORRY ABOUT THE CURSING........

UP WITH THE BIRDS, sounds like the 70's NY Graffiti theme, Everyone in the 70's had that stick your middle finger up at anyone sorta thing, as if to say, "I'm not gonna put up with your Shit", "So Fuck You", sorta like Chris commenting about The White Rose Movement and speaking out on things you believe in, instead of worrying what people think and staying quiet it's like stand united and show the bird, (middle finger)

I don't care what the titles are, I just can't wait to hear them all!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with most of what's been said, the song titles just come across as over dramatic and and unimaginative. I would definitely prefer short song titles, simply because they leave more to the imagination, and it would show that the band wants the music to speak for itself. But even with their previous long winded titles, such as 'God Put A Smile Upon My Face' and 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head', they get away with it because they don't sound like cliches, and in my opinion, actually quite intriguing.

I just think shorter song names sound more mature, especially with Coldplay (maybe that has something to do with why the album Parachutes is so respected even by non-fans). I like subtlety, and while I'm sure that 'Hurts Like Heaven' could be wonderfully touching and all that jazz, its title just makes it sound a little... cheap. I don't actually mind 'Up With The Birds' all that much, it sort of evokes a 'Strawberry Swing' type image. But the teardrop one is TERRIBLE. :lol: "Teardrops" sounds infinitely better - even something like 'Teardrop = Waterfall' or something equally pretentious sounding would be better in my opinion.

Judging by the titles is just kinda wrong cuz you don't how they will sound...it's like a book with its cover...c'mon, I have good vibes with this 5th album, just we have to wait. BTW, even after Dec 1st, when we'll finally listen Xmas Lights, it will be too soon to talk about LP5 sound...just because it's a xmas jingle and has a different style.

Well, that's my honest opinion =)

up with the birds sounds strawberry swingish to me :P

anybody saying that's not a weird title is nutso to me :P but don't we all love it :P

other than that I try not to judge the book by it's cover, and thefor not the song by it's title let's face it I;m a fan girl, even songs I didn't like when I heard them first, I love em now, so as long as it's coldplay they can't go wrong with me ;)

Coldplay song names don't really define how the song sounds, it makes me think of when I told my piano teacher I wanted to play" death and all of his friends" and she thought it was gonna be a creepy depressing song :P

Im just so excited for new coldplay songs! :dance:

I :heart: Coldplay!

:lol: THAT would be Christmas!!!

Indeed

my 2 favorite Artists working together.

Shes like the female equivelent of them.

The two of them need to get together and make something together.

Floplay + the Cold Machine!

And then Chris and Florence will fall in love and have lil red headed blue eyed chill'ins and Chris will finally be with a girl of his caliber and I will rest in peace.

OK posters... remember that every song has a meaning behind it?? The title has to have a meaning. Teardrops in heaven, could possibly be another Fix you??? If you love Coldplay as I am sure all of us on this forum does then we all know titles don't make the song great it is the band that plays it that makes the songs title work.. Patiently waiting.......

Dec 1st and announcement of perhaps album release date and tour dates coming soon... One can only hope as they missed Florida on the last tour due to Chris being sick so hoping they come back twice this time to make up fr it.. Once in Orlando and then maybe Tampa?? A girl can wish can't she?

'Every teardrop is a waterfall' sounds like a Taylor Swift kind of song :thinking:

But even with their previous long winded titles, such as 'God Put A Smile Upon My Face' and 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head', they get away with it because they don't sound like cliches, and in my opinion, actually quite intriguing.

"Teardrops" sounds infinitely better - even something like 'Teardrop = Waterfall' or something equally pretentious sounding would be better in my opinion.

you can't judge the name of a song until you've heard it... come on guys, give the boys the benefit of the doubt..

Well, absolutely agree with all of you. But if this title will stay...um, I wouldn't want to see the guys reading it and getting all sad :cry: I know that's not gonna happen but the picture of it is terrible T_T fuck. But the fact is that I totally love them and I want to hear them now more than anything else in the world !

I say we replace Brian Eno with Florence Welch and see what happens.

Well, THAT WOULD BE EPIC!

I so love Florence and even more more Coldplay. Mixing those two would be an earth shaking event.