✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Bad Vibes" in band

TF5092

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought when Chris had said this, that he said bad vibes in the group and he referred to a particularly tough time someone apart of their crew was going through. Meaning that it hadn't been the band specifically. But on this point I could be wrong. Frankly, none of us can know.

Any group of people who spend a significant amount of time together get on each others nerves. And these guys are a band trying to make music when I'm sure all of them have different ideas (at times) of what they should be doing. They wouldn't be human if they didn't have issues.

What... the problems of the band are not resolved? :thinking:

there are always two and two

Chris & Jonny

Guy & Will

Chris is a man who likes to take decisions for the entire band and is not always teamwork in the past ?

Chris, his wife contribute change of character of him, and people say it's the band of his wife

just what I mean by the people .

And for Guy is as I said, tired of the pressure of concerts, and others.

Guy as Will are the musician's time not to make showbise celebs grossip stupide blabla etc..

And Apparatjik is not a band is people who are tired of being treated like robots-humanoids said themselves lose their identity .

I'm not blaming Guy, but the last couple of days I couldn't stop thinking that he kinda looks like he's not having that much fun anymore

I have thought that for a while...

While Coldplay is lovely and we all adore their music, it is pretty tame and at times mundane compared to the side project he was in. Almost like he was looking for a stimulation of sorts he doesnt get with the band.

From a performance perspective, I wonder if he gets bored. I saw them in Bristow, VA in May 2009 and his bass broke during Viva La Vida. He was pissed and wandered around the stage until a roadie took care of if for him. However, the song didnt miss a beat, you wouldnt even notice a instrument wasnt working. Could you imagine if Will's drum and bell broke on Viva La Vida? Or Jonny's guitar on In My Place? Or Chris' piano on The Scientist?

I've met Guy.....he was lovely. He always looks moody on stage though....

He was very very lovely!

Well, I don't know if is why I loveee Guy, but he was so adorable! When I met him I got 3 of my 6 singles for he sign, but he got the all 6 to sign! He did the same thing with all the people around us! He was signing everything, many many many singles and cds with a really happy face!!!!

I'm not blaming Guy, but the last couple of days I couldn't stop thinking that he kinda looks like he's not having that much fun anymore

I don;t want to get into the realms of speculation over a few nuances but did anyone else notice he is the only one not wearing a rose on the video shoot for CHristmas lights. And the expression on his face throughout looks as though he is not really enjoying it and just going through the motions.

Well i think some of you guys are looking too much into stuff, but...

I am in a band,of course, not even close as popular or good as Coldplay :) but the more time passes the more I realize that not everyone can be so much "into it" . Not everyone feels the same about certain songs, or the direction of music you go to - emotions,lyrics,melodies... There are 5 of us in the band and we don't even have an album, but we do get into conflicts about our songs... I can only imagine how it must feel when you are working on a 5th album... It's hard, the pressure, the clash of ideas and opinions... Even the closest friends, and yes,indeed, it is like a marriage... I completely understand what they mean when they say that - a group of you,usually very close friends work on something together, and it is a very private,intimate thing that you share - you express your deepest emotion through music, and when someone doesn't understand that, and you expect them to understand, like I do in my band, when I suggest something which is rejected and it is I who writes the songs, I feel kinda let down. So there are of course bad vibes here and there, always. The thing that i respect about Coldplay is that their chemistry is amazing. But for them to admit that they too have problems and negative vibes... I respect that even more. It takes guts.

So umm... yeah I might have said a lot of bullshit now but that is the way I see it. sorry if I wasted your time :D

Poor Guy....I told him when I met him that he always looks so serious when he is on stage. And he said in his lovely voice, 'well, it's a very serious job I have to do'!

know what with all you guys are just discussing about, Ithink if ever coldplay were to lose a member Guy would be the first and i just noticed also,.... But I really really hope not

But Chris and Jonny will always be together as a band and best buds as well, But i think they will always settle things if they have fights or bad vibes

I thought that Guy looks miserable in the new video,like it's the last place he wants to be

But then again.most of the time he looks like that

He has the biggest smile on his face in one of the making of vids, when we release the balloons though. ;)

Sorry if this has been discussed but i tried to sort through all the threads and couldn't find anything. Any speculation or reason behind the "bad vibes" Chris referenced in the radio interview?
maybe it was the sheer amount of time they spent in each other's pockets on tour. Over 150 shows and 00000's of airmiles is enough to make even the hardiest of people grumpy?

^ Agree with that

I think you guys are looking too much into what he said :)

Oh and

While Coldplay is lovely and we all adore their music, it is pretty tame and at times mundane compared to the side project he was in.

He is still in

Poor Guy....I told him when I met him that he always looks so serious when he is on stage. And he said in his lovely voice, 'well, it's a very serious job I have to do'!

Or serious Guy?:P

^ Agree with that

I think you guys are looking too much into what he said :)

Yes, it's amazing how quickly things get out of hand. It's like "Chinese whispers"!!:lol:

He has the biggest smile on his face in one of the making of vids, when we release the balloons though. ;)

Doesn't he just? Best part of the making of. :)

And I think we're all panicking about nothing... I've heard far too many times 'band break up stories' for loads of bands... And nothing has ever come of any of them (except Oasis... But that was a given :laugh3:)

Until one of the guys expresses proper distaste at being in Coldplay, I think we're safe.

Think they were Stella Artois induced :P

Ah the wife beater, never had Guy down as such! ;)

Stella Artois just for thirst

and his girlfriend is fan of Coldplay will in concert with coldplay fans here in this forum and is not a woman known and make the heart beat of Guy, is all okay

I think Coldplay has yet beautiful day.

just enough not to push people into working overdose.

Stella Artois just for thirst

and his girlfriend is fan of Coldplay will in concert with coldplay fans here in this forum and is not a woman known and make the heart beat of Guy, is all okay

I think Coldplay has yet beautiful day.

just enough not to push people into working overdose.

Are you using some kind of translating program?:confused: