✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Bad Vibes" in band

TF5092

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've met Guy.....he was lovely. He always looks moody on stage though....

It's that sultry bassist look he has. :wink3:

As for the band not liking Chloe, she and Jonny had been together for several years before they got married, so their relationship was nothing new or anything that would be disruptive to the rest of the band, I wouldn't think.

They're speaking because of these "bad vibes" the next album will be the last of them.

Some news here are speaking about this.

Some news's titles like: New album from Coldplay anticipates the end of the band

"Chris Martin announced that the new album from Coldplay is the last and the band will finish later.

All because "there were problems' in the most recent tour by the band in South American lands. The singer also confirmed that the end of 'Coldplay is coming soon."

OMG, I hate it so much. :snobby: Ridiculous press.

They're speaking because of these "bad vibes" the next album will be the last of them.

Some news here are speaking about this.

Some news's titles like: New album from Coldplay anticipates the end of the band

"Chris Martin announced that the new album from Coldplay is the last and the band will finish later.

All because "there were problems' in the most recent tour by the band in South American lands. The singer also confirmed that the end of 'Coldplay is coming soon."

OMG, I hate it so much. :snobby: Ridiculous press.

With Chris and his insecurities, this has all been said before - like not making albums after they turned 33. Or the rumors that Gwyneth wants the band to break up and Chris to go solo. Or...or...there have always been rumors of an impending breakup. They even talked about bad vibes after the X&Y tour. So I really wouldn't take any of these rumors too seriously.

I still firmly believe the best of Coldplay is yet to come - as they mature and evolve and I'm so excited for their new album and what their genius has to bring!

yeah, I was wondering about that comment too... I think it sounds like it was post-Satriani fiasco (I still get angry thinking about that :angry:), but I guess we'll never know :shrug: they had "bad vibes" post X&Y, too, so maybe that's just the Coldplay cycle :P

A band is like a marriage or a friendship.Sometimes you're gonna have rough patches.It's completely normal and doesn't mean anything. Arguments are not bad, any relationship has them

About their character, we don't know the guys, we only their public side.I can totally imagine Guy and Chris being grumpy-type people though (just that vibe). They're all four strong willed guys, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are today. Put 4 of them in a group and obviously they're gonna clash.

So stop worrying

Well my opinion now that I think about it, is The Bad Vibes, I don't think have anything to do with how they get along, I think Chris meant that things went wrong with things, like him getting sick, he burned his wrist in PA, they had to cancel a show or two, and probably other things that unfortunatly happens behind the scenes that we just don't see, and Chris Chalked them up as Bad Vibes, like things were going wrong, not working out as planned, and didn't he say the 4 of them were singing this song back stage TOGETHER, and Vickie said "Oh you need to make that into a song?" It doesn't sound like they had bad vibes amongst themselves, just shit went wrong and Chris felt like it was a curse.

not enough info

Therre just isn't enough information in what Chris and Jonny said in the BBC interview to jump to any conclusions. We don't even know which "America", North or South, to which they are referring. If it was after their North American tour, the Satriani case had been quietly settled around or on (as I suspect) July 30, 2009 when Chris said in Toronto "You'll never know how important this day has been for the band". I think that was a happy time for them, unless, perhaps they disagreed among themselves about the settlement.

If the "vibe" referred to was after their Latin American tour, EMI's financial woes and Jonny's wedding were looming large for them.

Wasn't it also during the end of the North American Tour that they were saying that they were closer than ever?

Just thinking out loud - we'll probably never know unless, like with the Beatles, studio tapes are released 40 years from now that clear up the mystery.

In any case, I wouldn't put too much weight on rumours of the band's demise. We've heard all that more than once before, and hey, there about to release their best and most successful work ever, aren't they?!

Therre just isn't enough information in what Chris and Jonny said in the BBC interview to jump to any conclusions. We don't even know which "America", North or South, to which they are referring. If it was after their North American tour, the Satriani case had been quietly settled around or on (as I suspect) July 30, 2009 when Chris said in Toronto "You'll never know how important this day has been for the band". I think that was a happy time for them, unless, perhaps they disagreed among themselves about the settlement.

If the "vibe" referred to was after their Latin American tour, EMI's financial woes and Jonny's wedding were looming large for them.

Wasn't it also during the end of the North American Tour that they were saying that they were closer than ever?

Just thinking out loud - we'll probably never know unless, like with the Beatles, studio tapes are released 30 years from now that clear up the mystery.

In any case, I wouldn't put too much weight on rumours of the band's demise. We've heard all that more than once before, and hey, there about to release their best and most successful work ever, aren't they?!

Nice to see you back, Ziggy :)

A band is like a marriage or a friendship.Sometimes you're gonna have rough patches.It's completely normal and doesn't mean anything. Arguments are not bad, any relationship has them

About their character, we don't know the guys, we only their public side.I can totally imagine Guy and Chris being grumpy-type people though (just that vibe). They're all four strong willed guys, otherwise they wouldn't be where they are today. Put 4 of them in a group and obviously they're gonna clash.

So stop worrying

Yes Guy and Chris especially are strong-willed types. Guy ran several marathons, if that is not strong will-power I don't know what is.

wow Guy is getting some stick in this thread. What has he done to derserve it?

Are people reading too much into mere looks ? Has he actually been unpleasant to anyone?

I've always heard him to be a perfect gent when he meets fans. Maybe I am out of touch !

This!

I don't get why do people blame Guy. No one has any idea what's Chris talking about. He said that after X&Y too.

Has he actually been unpleasant to anyone?

Yes. On a number of occasions. But this was years and years ago on the AROBTTH tour, haven't been any reports of such of late.

Think they were Stella Artois induced :P

Shouldn't blame him though, I'm still convinced it's Satriani related. Or even worry about it at all...was just an off the cuff remark.