🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[3-July-2011] Coldplay @ Main Square Festival, Arras, France

coldplay12

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night everyone!!! :nice:

I really think they were at the top! They managed to get out of the problems at the beginning like it never happened. :D Really enjoyed this show! :) Hope CPers out there had so much fun! :D

i'm disappointed with tonights setlist. I was really enjoying it until i realised they took out shiver and then went and replaced it with cemeteries of london (of all songs to replace it with). They should've kept shiver!!! Really hope that was a one of tonight :/

I am no sure, but I think that just before the bow Chris said 'hat off'' to Mitch Anna and Annaelizabeth with the banner, well it was more of a mime, but I think it was for them....I may be wrong though, we are gonna have to wait for them to come from the festival :)

i'm disappointed with tonights setlist. I was really enjoying it until i realised they took out shiver and then went and replaced it with cemeteries of london (of all songs to replace it with). They should've kept shiver!!! Really hope that was a one of tonight :/

The band themselves seem to love playing Cemeteries live - such a shame because imho it's neither a great track now a great live experience :\

Oh, and Guy hates Shiver, doesn't he? So I guess it's then end of that :cry:

Set list :

Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost

The Scientist

Cemeteries Of London

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Everything's Not Lost

Us Against The World

Politik

Viva

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

Encore :

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

I thought the show was absolutely amazing! The boys were so full of energy and seemed so happy to be there. Was sad to see that Shiver was not in the setlist, but really hope that they continue to play it at other shows(especially when I see them in Chicago next month!) I really enjoyed watching it :)

The band themselves seem to love playing Cemeteries live - such a shame because imho it's neither a great track now a great live experience :\

Guy hates Shiver? what's wrong with him? I love that song and when i thought i was going to be hearing it live for the first time and Everything's Not Lost i've been getting really excited about it. I don't like COL to be honest, i agree with you that it's not a good track, especially from the Viva album. Lovers In Japan or DAAHF should be picked over that if they want to replace Shiver with a Viva track i think. Hopefully Shiver will be returning before sunday coming :\

i'd imagine Shiver's probably quite a strain on Chris's voice. :\

i really love CoL, though, so i'm not too sad about the replacement. :P

Guy hates Shiver? what's wrong with him? I love that song and when i thought i was going to be hearing it live for the first time and Everything's Not Lost i've been getting really excited about it. I don't like COL to be honest, i agree with you that it's not a good track, especially from the Viva album. Lovers In Japan or DAAHF should be picked over that if they want to replace Shiver with a Viva track i think. Hopefully Shiver will be returning before sunday coming :\

Now one knows why he hates it so much. But he really does !

It was good,but not as good as the other festivals.

Worst festival crowd so far.

Still Coldplay played full of energy

you're wrong, the audience was great, it's the television channel that has not show the crowd too they filmed the band on stage

you're wrong, the audience was great, it's the television channel that has not enhanced the crowd too they filmed the band on stage

The audience looked really fantastic to me too...it was just the TV production.

Here's my review of the Coldplay concert at Mainsquare Festival - ARRAS FRANCE.

It was an unusual Coldplay performance. Unusual because it included lots of epic song versions and on the other hand lots of musical and technical errs. They began with "Hurts Like Heaven", which they performed it wonderfully, I think it was the best version so far! Then they got to Yellow, which was a great version and gave a sign that the audience was alive... until the Tech-Errs ghost appeared... The beggining of "In My Place" began with Will playing the drums looking backwards... he was talking to some roadie, as if something was wrong. The song went on until the moment the drums were muted and you could hear only the backing synthetiser and Jonny's guitar. Then you could hear them stopping playing and the Booes and claps from the frenchies! Chris started to laugh and asked What happened!? on the big speakers. We couldn't hear the response from the roadies, maybe Will's earphone communication was unsync with the song or the wire of the drum mics was unplugged by mistake? Still, they managed to rock on, that's Coldplay, a band that performs LIVE on a FESTIVAL (with technical difficulties :P). So they started the song again having Will and Jonny unsync with the chorus of the song... which ended up in a new version of "In My Place" lol. It was a relief when you could hear Chris saying " we made it to the end of the song!". They knew how to balance the BIG mistake... an epic version of Major Minues was performed with no mistakes but with a quiet audience. The concert also included the best versions so far of "Charlie Brown" and "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face", where you could hear a more mature and rehearsed live version. They performed "Cemeteries Of London" instead of "Shiver", and Chris got lost with the lyrics. It reminded me of the "Violet Hill" performance at Glastonbury loL!. There was no :o:o:o:o from the audience during "Viva La Vida" and the "Encore" and another mistake in the beggining of Clocks.

I must add for all the Fix You lovers and pianists out there that Chris changed some chords during the song which really adds to the song feeling!.

The concert included lots of mistakes, lots of wrong lyrics, a muted crowd that did not even sing during Viva La Vida, a nervous Chris during Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, lots of technical failures from the launch of the fireworks (during Fix You) to the wires and cables that connect instruments (during In My Place), no Princess Of China, no Moving To Mars, just a slightly change in the setlist with the return of Cemeteries Of London replacing Shiver. It was a surprising concert still. Full of new sounds. A Concert that demostrates that Coldplay are professionals, synchronised between them and that laugh and rocks on after a mistake, cause they know they won't make it never again! For many of us, Coldplay still ROCKED the Main Square :D