✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-July-2011] Coldplay @ Main Square Festival, Arras, France

coldplay12

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show. I could tell the guys were enjoying themselves despite the technical difficulties :rolleyes:

One of their better performances this year--I'm glad that they squeezed Cemeteries back into the setlist (CoL is better than Shiver, imho *ducks oncoming blows*) although I wish they had incorporated Princess of China into the performance. It wasn't meant to be I guess. :\

Excellent performance, disappointing crowd :shifty:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

C'était magique! J'a cru me trouver dans un autre monde :dance:

Tout était parfait, transportant, à rêver... Même quand ils ont eu le "Petit Problème" mouah j'ai adoré :blush: C'était trop tordant et adorable :cheesy:

Et Politik... Ma chanson préféréeeeeeeeeeee :daisy: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Et Cemetries of London, The Scientist, Every Thing Not Lost (ah j'ai failli pleurer :heart:) Hurts Like Heaven... Oh c'était génial :dazzled: :dazzled: :dazzled:

Chris: You talk very good french :kiss: You can talk more, us french, we LOVE YOU :singer: :heart:

I think despite the technical difficulties it was a great show! (at least what I could see via livestream :P) I love this GPASUYF version. It's a shame they don't play Shiver, it's such a beautiful song, but I do love CoL ver much so well, it was still ok.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Great show. I could tell the guys were enjoying themselves despite the technical difficulties :rolleyes:

One of their better performances this year--I'm glad that they squeezed Cemeteries back into the setlist (CoL is better than Shiver, imho *ducks oncoming blows*) although I wish they had incorporated Princess of China into the performance. It wasn't meant to be I guess. :\

Excellent performance, disappointing crowd :shifty:

YES! Someone who I agree with totally!

Cemeteries of London>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shiver

Guest howyousawtheworld
Just on the bus from Arras.

Disappointed. :( They totally phoned it in. No engery at all. They just banged it out as fast as they could and left.

You're going to T next week aren't you? The crowd at T are a little more anarchic.

Sure it will provide a good atmosphere for you there...especially seeing as Coldplay will be live on the BBC again AND the fact that it was voted by fans and the music media as the best festival in Britain (ahead of Glastonbury). It's probably their 2nd biggest date this summer (after Glastonbury) but the standards are arguably higher.

Oh and Beyonce is on before Coldplay at T in The Park so they HAVE to raise their game if you feel they let you down this week.

YES! Someone who I agree with totally!

Cemeteries of London>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shiver

YES! They're both good songs, but COL is such a rocking tune and you can tell that Chris and Jonny get really into it. Plus, the la la la la always make for a nice little sing along so you can't say it's NOT a crowd pleaser.

You're going to T next week aren't you? The crowd at T are a little more anarchic.

Sure it will provide a good atmosphere for you there...especially seeing as Coldplay will be live on the BBC again AND the fact that it was voted by fans and the music media as the best festival in Britain (ahead of Glastonbury). It's probably their 2nd biggest date this summer (after Glastonbury) but the standards are arguably higher.

Oh and Beyonce is on before Coldplay at T in The Park so they HAVE to raise their game if you feel they let you down this week.

It wasnt the crowd that was disappointing, it was the band.

Guest howyousawtheworld
It wasnt the crowd that was disappointing, it was the band.

Yeah I understand but I'm just saying that hopefully it won't be the same next week at T in the Park where the occasion is far far bigger. Regardless of occasion bands should always give it 110%.

I forgot to watch. What happened during Fix You with the fireworks?

You were sleeping that you forgot to watch it!? Compare the Glastonbury's Fix You version with this one and you'll see that they didn't launch the fireworks... technical error

I think that's selfish of Guy >:(

I will be so sad if I dnt get to hear it at lolla :(

And im sorry but I will be annoyed with Guy cuz I've been looking forward to hearing shiver for.a long time!

Maybe people should start chanting" shiver" until they play it!

You were sleeping that you forgot to watch it!? Compare the Glastonbury's Fix You version with this one and you'll see that they didn't launch the fireworks... technical error

Oh, so there were no fireworks at all? I was thinking they went off at the wrong time or something. :s

Oh, so there were no fireworks at all? I was thinking they went off at the wrong time or something. :s

There were. The fireworks went off right before the last "Lights will guide you home . . . ", once the loud, driving guitar part ended. I don't know if that was intentional or if they just went off at the wrong time.

There were. The fireworks went off right before the last "Lights will guide you home . . . ", once the loud, driving guitar part ended. I don't know if that was intentional or if they just went off at the wrong time.

Actually, if I remember well, at the VLV tour the fireworks for Fix You came when the guitar part ended. Or at least it was like that when I went to see them :P

Actually, if I remember well, at the VLV tour the fireworks for Fix You came when the guitar part ended. Or at least it was like that when I went to see them :P

Oh yeah, that was probably intentional.

During the festivals they have those big gold fireworks come up as the drums come in during the guitar part and then they have those pretty red ones come up as the guitar part ends.

Ah, that's true. I also just looked at yesterday's Fix You performance from Rock Werchter, and the fireworks went off right when the guitar part ended.

My mistake! :sweatdrop:

Haha love that people who weren't even there are blaming the crowd and saying I'm wrong. :lol: :facepalm:

If you guys enjoyed what you saw on the stream then great! But in my (and everyone I was with, I might add) opinion this wasn't up to their usual standard.

the cameras and direction work can also help them to look good even if they weren't that good :nod:

Like football matches that look way more exciting on tv than in the stadium.

Some people will never accept that coldplay isn't perfect. Maybe they're just tired.