✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-June-2011] Coldplay @ Glastonbury festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK

Blazing_Javelin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know if the VH1 broadcast of Coldplay@Glastonbury will have commercials? Probably will D: Also they'll probably cut stuff out... Like maybe some banter from Chris in between songs or if Chris curses or something because it's not actually live right?

Dunno if I should watch the live stream on the internet (Is there even gonna be one?), or wait until their on my beautiful Tv... Hmm...

U2 really rocked last night. They played probably the greatest setlist of all time!!!

Anyone think there will be any changes to the Coldplay setlist?

I did think that MTM was being "released" (I use that word very loosely since it is essentially a b-side to a b-side and available only when you buy ETIAW (again!) on a certain digital version from a certain retailer, don't like the domination of iTunes being aided by Coldplay at every chance they get really :-/ ... sorry!) ... riiiiiiight after Glasto because they might have played it there! :o ... how wrong I was, can't ever see Chris attempting those octave dwellers at the beginning of the song, in a live show tbh. He used to quit and shoot up to the next octave on performances of Yes on the vlv tour, after about 2 lyrics already! And that is a much higher song than MTM... plus Christmas Light's low-parts never sounded too clean live either :(

Anyway, don't imagine MTM is the right kind of song for Glasto anyway, anyone think of any other possible changes? A surprise duet with somebody perhaps?! A new song all together? Princess of China (perhaps it is so good that they didn't want anoyone else to hear it before Glast? ;) oh, and Debs loves it too!).... ANYTHING AT ALL?!

Or, just the same setlist? :-/ (which I still love btw, and would not mind seeing in Oxegen in 3 weeks!)

P.S. I'm very sorry for my terrible (but also quite useful) over-application of brackets in this post! Don't hurt me anyone please :embarrassed:

_53647359_chems_bbc.jpg

Chemical Brothers plan Glastonbury 'laser battle'

The Chemical Brothers have said they plan a 'laser battle' with Coldplay as both acts headline stages at Glastonbury this weekend.

The dance duo, whose real names are Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons, play the Other Stage at the same time as Coldplay headline the Pyramid Stage on Saturday. But Rowlands joked that Chris Martin and Coldplay might have a bigger laser budget than them.

"There'll be a big run on lasers that weekend," he said. "We're both big lasers bands. I always really like that Coldplay are really keen on lasers. It's one thing they have in common with us," Simons laughed. "I'm sure their laser budget is fairly substantial," Rowlands added.

Meanwhile Simons said the pair are still "really excited" by a Glastonbury slot, even after playing the festival numerous times in their 20-year history. "The show we're doing is at the peak of what we've ever done so to play that slot in front of one of our favourite crowds will be amazing," he said.

"The last couple of years I've been to Glastonbury and I haven't done anything and so I'm ready to play," he said. Rowlands agreed that the band's live show was at its peak. "We've been playing together and working with the same guys who do the visuals since the first gig we did which was a long time ago now. It's got to the point that it's an onward process but it's feeling like it's fairly extreme when it all comes together at the moment so it's fairly exciting to play," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13893739