🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

Anyway that's my plan... any thoughts/suggestions/advice on getting front row? I really want to make this right.

I also got the print pass but don't we get our wristbands as they scan them in at the gate? Or are you doing it the day before to save time?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my plan to get front row for Coldplay:

I am going with Nicole (MrsMartin333) and Stefan (Stefan-C8) and we wanted to wait at the North entrance by the Art Institute (I'm from Chicago so I know the streets pretty well haha) and we were planning on getting there by like 8 AM, is this a smart idea or not? The normal entrance is the west one, but they have another one that's right by the Bud Light stage, and you kind of just have to walk directly east to get to the stage. I'm going to Grant Park the day before to retrieve my wristband, and I'm going to walk around and plan out a route, because everything is set up, they just have workers around and they didn't mind me walking around haha I did that last year.

I didn't know I couldn't bring food in, I guess I have to bring my backpack again this year, I brought one last year and it was pretty funny... I wore it on my front during the shows so somebody couldn't steal from me or something haha.

I am definitely going to bring two water bottles, and try and sneak some food in. And for those of you saying I could just leave to go use the bathroom, I REALLY hope that's possible... last year I waited for Phoenix... I was literally squatting on the ground, about 10 people away from front row and it was impossible to even think about leaving! But that was only a couple hours before they went on so it might be different since I'll be there as soon as the gate opens. Hopefully I won't be squatting on like a 6-inch area this time... it was so freaking crowded D:

Anyway that's my plan... any thoughts/suggestions/advice on getting front row? I really want to make this right.

Your idea sounds like a good one. Do you think that there will already be people lined up at the entrance at 8 AM? I'm not sure what time I will be at the gate yet but I am staying at a hotel across from Grant park. Glad to know that one of the entrances is by the bud light stage. I have never been to Chicago before so hopefully I won't get too lost there haha.

Your idea sounds like a good one. Do you think that there will already be people lined up at the entrance at 8 AM? I'm not sure what time I will be at the gate yet but I am staying at a hotel across from Grant park. Glad to know that one of the entrances is by the bud light stage. I have never been to Chicago before so hopefully I won't get too lost there haha.

I honestly have no idea what time people will start showing up! It's so confusing. :confused:

I've heard from some people who've been to the festival before that they really don't start letting you camp outside the doors until immediately before opening time, which is around 11am (might be 10, but I think it's 11). Otherwise anyone who knows me knows I'd probably start lining up at 5am. :laugh3:

Thank heavens my hotel is right across the street and can easily bolt across at the golden moment.

I was playing with the "Group Text" feature in the official Lolla app. Looks like people can be added to a group using just an email address, so no one needs to hand over a phone number.

Anyhow, I created a group (CP) and also DL'd the GroupMe app, so I'd receive push notifications instead of texts. Apparently, I can send an invitation to anyone via email, the recipient chooses to "join group," and im guessing it verifies you're real?

Dunno, I'm still new to a lot of this tech stuff.

Anyway, if you're interested, reply here or PM me whatever email addy you'd like, and I can send an invite. This way we're not tossing out personal contact information, etc.. But anyone can "live chat" or whichever during the Lolla weekend. I'll keep the group open through that Sunday, then kill it.

Thank heavens my hotel is right across the street and can easily bolt across at the golden moment.

You're lucky, I wish I could get a hotel. I live on the southwest side of Chicago (not the suburbs though) so I have to take the Metra train to the Loop everyday, it's about a half hour train ride.

YouTube to stream Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits

100304093954_You-Tube-320.jpg

YouTube to stream Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits

NEW YORK (AP) — YouTube will live stream Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits in the video site's continuing push to bring music festivals to digital screens.

The Google Inc.-owned YouTube will announce Friday that it will present online coverage of the festivals, two of the summer's largest. YouTube has previously streamed festivals such as Tennessee's Bonnaroo, San Francisco's Outside Lands and, earlier this year, Southern California's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits, both produced by C3 Presents, will be presented with extensive live concert coverage from the various festival stages. Dell and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. will sponsor the streaming.

Chicago's Lollapalooza takes place Aug. 5-7 and will be promoted with a "Lollapalooza Week" on YouTube. Exactly which acts will be streamed is yet to be announced, but this year's top performers include Eminem, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Muse and My Morning Jacket. It's the 20th anniversary for the Perry Farrell-founded event, which began as a touring festival.

"For those of us who can't make it — we have YouTube," said Farrell in a statement. "Be a voyeur to this year's Lollapalooza. Watch as musicians offer their souls and the crowd devours them. You just may forget that you aren't really there."

Austin City Limits, which runs from Sept. 16-18 in the Texas capital, is celebrating its 10th anniversary. Its acts include Kanye West, Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire, Coldplay and My Morning Jacket.

For YouTube, the deal represents growth toward an increasingly robust digital festival-going experience. Streaming festivals is appealing to the site because sponsors like having their names attached to the well-known events, and users typically stay longer than they might for three-minute videos. Viewing length can average nearly an hour.

"This allows us to showcase multiple artists each day, which is really exciting to users," says Dana Vetter, YouTube's music marketing programs manager. "And we can hope to expect longer viewing times from people who catch one set and trickle into the next one."

How many tune in will depend partly on which acts are streamed, but online audiences for festivals often number in the tens of millions and can even — over the full weekend — rival the audience YouTube attracts for live events like the royal wedding in April. About 72 million people watched YouTube's coverage of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding.

"In the past 12 to 18 months, we've come a really long way in terms of live music," said Vetter. "There's a huge audience connected with these things. The trajectory of live music has come a long way and we hope to see it continue."

There will be a primary live stream of performances as well as a secondary feed of the backstage areas and interviews. Interactivity with Facebook and Twitter will also be integrated. Videos will remain on YouTube for four weeks after the festivals.

In the last few years, mega-festivals have increasingly spread into the digital space where music fans unable to make the trek (or those who simply would rather avoid mud and heat) can follow along online. Vevo, the joint venture of Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and Abu Dhabi Media Co., streamed acts from this year's Bonnaroo. National Public Radio will webcast this year's Newport Folk Festival (July 30-31) and the Newport Jazz Festival (Aug. 6-7).

[Associated Press]

Me and my best friend finally booked our flight to Chicago! (I know, kinda last minute lol) We are flying into Chicago on the night of August 2nd and will be there until the 8th. I am sooo excited for this trip I cannot even explain it! I cannot wait to meet you all and see Coldplay again!!

Just got my shirt in the mail! All of us coldplayers are going to be one of the best looking group of fans Coldplay have ever seen!:sneaky: Only thirteen more days until the big day!:dance:

:dance::guitarist:

We should all get together on the 4th for lunch or dinner...something! It's so much fun to meet new people who love Coldplay as much as I do! (It's a rare thing to find where I live!)

Absolutely, I would love to! Plus alot of us are getting there early to be close to the stage on Aug 5th, so it would be awesome to meet you all beforehand :)

Got the Tshirt, got the wristband, booked my plane ticket, hotel reserved. Now all I have to do is meet up with my Coldplaying friends and show the band what a REAL audience looks like! Will be in Chi-town the afternoon of Aug.4, where can we get together for a night-before-concert party?

I'm at the JW Marriott, I think it's near the park.

I'm getting... well... rather excited....

And am praying for temperate weather.

MY WRISTBAND CAME IN :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOOT

I decided i'll be waiting by that side entrance that's closer to the Bud stage

i didn't buy a shirt, because i know how hot i get out there, and i cannot wear sleeves lol

i cant wait to see you all there!

Hi everyone. I have never posted anything before until today. It says I am a member since November 2010, but I had an old account from 2007 and last fall, when I did my daily check, I had to type my password to read any posts and for the life of me couldn't remember by password from 2007. So I made a new one. Coldplay have been my heroes since 2002 when I was in 8th grade and fell in love with The Scientist. I knew of Clocks and Yellow, but this is when I realized I had to take a look into them and that is when I became a full time fan. My friends sometimes call me simply Coldplay because I always talk or post things on the internet about them. My older sister's wedding we all danced to Viva and I can even credit Coldplay to getting a job for me at a bar last summer. I was known for doing Viva la Vida karaoke and the owner called me Mike the Entertainer and asked if I wanted a job as bouncer lol. I have seen them 3 times live during the Viva la Vida Tour. The 2 times they came to Motown, and I saw them in East Troy Wisconsin. Viva, Fix You, The Scientist, The Hardest Part with Chris on the piano, and Politik are my favorite songs. I love all the new songs even ETDIAW immensely. I noticed the disappointment a lot of people had with it. Not me. Hurts like Heaven is probably my favorite of them. I am going to lolla and I am doing something very crazy according to a lot of my friends. I am skipping my college graduation to see Coldplay. I graduate the 6th from BGSU, which I doubt any of you know. This would be the ultimate graduation experience in my opinion. I have a friend and his GF who are coming along, but do not want to wait early to try and get as close as possible. I was hoping to meet some people? and would like to know how I can make my way as close as possible to seeing my heroes. Thanks!