✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Lollapalooza Festival, Chicago

Ebs757

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the primary concern is the Lollapalooza trademark, may want to verify whether 'lolla' in that sense might be an included infringement. In the past, ive seen several people wearing their own designs w/o retribution, but times may have changed.

Really liked the first design best, tho that one looks nice too. Really creative!

If the primary concern is the Lollapalooza trademark, may want to verify whether 'lolla' in that sense might be an included infringement. In the past, ive seen several people wearing their own designs w/o retribution, but times may have changed.

Really liked the first design best, tho that one looks nice too. Really creative!

Im going to just throw this out there. I really dont know where to go with it but it seems like it MIGHT fit..

Lollapalooza has the same initials (kinda even though its one word...id say more of a stressed syllable) as LP, and as Coldplay is coming out with LP5 soon, we could possibly do something with that...

like LP11. that way we know what it means (lollapalooza 2011) but to everyone else it looks like a reference to an album.

just a thought. :\

What!!!!! My shirt is already in the mail.... well, I can just use black marker or black spray paint and make graffiti over the Lolla part. Crap, I am not spending another $30.

I really am not too worried. The wording will be soo small...and this is lollapalooza in the states...not wembley....I really dont feel like this is an issue.

I feel confident that this wont be an issue...

IF this becomes an issue...just put a zero over the 1 (with a sticky note or peice of paper..because you ARE allowed to wear shirts from different years. You can wear shirts that say lollapalooza. just change it to 2010 so they think its an old one.

FYI, similar q posted on the official lolla boards asking about a few friends wearing privately made shirts using the Lollapalooza name to commemorate a group reunion at the fest. Admin wrote that making a few shirts amongst a group of friends would not be an issue.

I'm not promoting this, just info for the people who already made theirs. (like me!) :-;

I dont understand; whats the problem with using Lollapalooza in the name? It's not like the purpose is to make a profit. Honestly what are they going to do, not let you in because you have a shirt on that says Lollapalooza? What is this Soviet Russia i highly doubt that as being a problem.

Its still a legal trademark. A mod said Wembley took issue on a previous occasion and fears Lollapalooza would also be concerned with persuing civil action for trademark infringement.

anything that could infringe a copyright that is sold through a store, eg, cafepress, could be an issue whether you're making a profit or not. using the walking man image, using the Coldplay fonts, using the name of a festival would all come under that heading.

Ooh! Got my tee from Cafepress today, and it looks great! Ill edit this with a photo later.

Thanks again to TheSkittz for the design and the idiot-proof ordering instructions!

Photos of front and back:

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/9102/?action=view&current=1e12d9c2.jpg&evt=user_media_share

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/9102/?action=view&current=314e3687.jpg&evt=user_media_share

The shirt isn't as bright as it looks in the photos. Came out really well.

Ooh! Got my tee from Cafepress today, and it looks great! Ill edit this with a photo later.

Thanks again to TheSkittz for the design and the idiot-proof ordering instructions!

I'm looking forward to seeing the design,

I'm not worried about someone busting me for a shirt that says Lollapalooza on it- worse that can happen is they'd make me turn it inside out or something.

They can't take it and good lord they're not going to pursue legal action so......lets see it!!!!

So anyways I am prolly going to get my shirt soon, but maybe in another color. I already have a light blue viva shirt, and way to many other light blue shirts...and I REALLY am fond of the charcoal color. Anways, is there an updated list of who is all going?