✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're working on weekend :o

to be fair, uploading a video to youtube then posting it to facebook and twitter isn't really that much work. :P

Hey, do you guys think the song is called Trapezes? since this vid is called trapezes instead of MIITBMIOMK etc?

this is what i'm thinking. :wacko:

i mean, it may not be the title, but i think it's at least a good guess.

I feel like these lyrics have nothing to do with the other ones :confused:

i think they are related, but maybe not at first glance. these lyrics seem to be along the lines of the last set, referring to generations.

"Maybe I'm in the gap//Between two trapezes" meaning in the gap between generations...

Guest howyousawtheworld

The lyrics are clearly about an individual or a group who is closing the world off around him and enjoying himself in amongst terror/war torn city that is happening outside which is shown in the lyrics

"Maybe the streets alight

Maybe the trees are gone"

"From underneath the rubble sing a rebel song

Don't want this generation to stop,

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"

^ seems great lyrics stressing a desire for continuity than an end to something. Maybe feels his generation and the culture of his generation is at risk of getting wiped out by the tearing and destroying impact of war, not just in a physical sense but in a social sense as well. He or they are trying to find solace and comfort in his favourite tunes. It's fantastic these lyrics.

That's my take anyway.

Oh, wow! Every time I hear that first tone after the 'abstruse' intro I feel a shiver down my spine. This is outright torture!

Yeah it's past the threshold. We've waited years for this, and they are still making us wait longer :(

Wish they had just released the single, and then teased us with other songs on the album..

The lyrics are clearly about an individual who is closing the world off around him and enjoying himself in amongst terror/war torn city that is happening outside which is shown in the lyrics

"Maybe the streets alight

Maybe the trees are gone"

"From underneath the rubble sing a rebel song

Don't want this generation to stop,

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"

^ seems great lyrics stressing a desire for continuity than an end to something. Maybe feels his generation and the culture of his generation is at risk of getting wiped out by the tearing and destroying impact of war, not just in a physical sense but in a social sense as well. He is Trying to find solace and comfort in his favourite tunes. It's fantastic these lyrics.

That's my take anyway.

you definitely have a point here...

in some ways, it almost seems as if there are two different points of view in the song...

Guest howyousawtheworld
you definitely have a point here...

in some ways, it almost seems as if there are two different points of view in the song...

I certainly don't feel the lyrics are coming from Chris Martin's personal experience. Rather he's put himself in the mind of a youth caught up in war. Influence of White Rose movement/anti nazi resistence movement shining through maybe?

So im off at work, and until now I get to read about the news! And now my break is over and I have to go back, but I keep spacing off and thinking about coldplay :P

Aahhhhhh! Im hoping for the sinlge by tuesday! Fingers crossed :D