✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm digging it! I initially rated it a 6 but I think I had a different expectation than what it ended up being. On 2nd and 3rd listening it is creeping up on me..starting to grow on me, like many great songs out there have on first listen. Nice track overall though and happy to have been waken up (7am here) by an ill-timed (or perfectly timed?) phone call!

Also, after hearing this I am even more so excited about the potential for a live release (like 2003) of these songs. Major Minus is epic live and I get the feeling this would be too..along with all the other new material that they have played during their festival run! :)

I was really happy to hear this song after Major Minus disappointed me. A bunch of you have been saying that this sounds like a song from the AROBTTH era and I strongly agree. To me, the beginning in particular sounds very similar to I Bloom Blaum in that it gives off that eerie feeling

I didn't like this song, until it swelled into a beautiful, eerie, haunting melody, that actually gives you this lonely, bizarre, and sad feeling of what it would be like to be drifting away from earth, the only home you have ever known, forever. How did they manage to capture that in a song?! Incredible :nice:

I was really happy to hear this song after Major Minus disappointed me. A bunch of you have been saying that this sounds like a song from the AROBTTH era and I strongly agree. To me, the beginning in particular sounds very similar to I Bloom Blaum in that it gives off that eerie feeling

I would say beginning is similar to Fix You (the song I can't stand in original version).

Also I don't think Pink Floyd classic guitar riff rip off is a good thing.

I am a bit worried because they clearly use the melody from Tom Petty's Mary Jane's Last Dance at times (chorus) and he already sued the Red Hot Chili Peppers for copying part of this song...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUj4xfZQjqA]YouTube - ‪Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance (Studio Version)‬‏[/ame]

It is the chorus... Man I hope nothing happens with that because I love the song. I am sure they didn't copy it, but it is definitely similar.