✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Moving To Mars' now!

busybeeburns

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to give this one a few listens before voting. I wasn't too crazy about the sound at the start, I don't really like the gravely Chris voice. But as the song got going I started to like it. I also felt it reminded me a bit of Pink Floyd. I think the more I listen to it the more I like it. I find it still hard to tell though because I much prefer to listen to songs out of my stereo nice and loud, versus coming out of my crappy computer.

Wow this is just a wonderful piece. It starts out with a very sad and jazzy tune and Chris' low voice and proceeds with a typical Coldplay sound we have not heard since X&Y.

The piano again has the major role, accompanied by a blurry sound of Jon's guitar and acoustic guitar as we know from Life in Technicolor. Then there are these nice lead sounds from our dear Jonny, strings in the background, a carrying drumwork and a driving sound that remembers me of Christmas Lights.

It seems Coldplay have kind of stepped back a little to what they used to be before Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends, and i really love this new song. It gives me hope for LP5 to be absolutely brilliant - that is why it really deserves the 10 out of 10!

I'm at work and our big client spoiled my mood right from the morning. Can't listen it this state. Should wait evening. But it looks like MTM is receiving the best reaction so far. I'm also huge Pink Floyd fan. And piano. Can't wait to hear it!

I quite like this song. Compared to wa wa wa wa waterfall, this is wayyyyy better. Maybe wa wa wa wa waterfall dropped my expectation of how another song of theirs' should sound like, so this one sounds good now.

And Chris's vocals in this song is a lot better.

The ending can morph into X&Y trololol.

I like this song. I really do.

I have to be honest, after hearing Major Minus, I was a little apprehensive to hear MTM. I was nervous about the direction that they seemed to be heading in. I appear to be in the minority as I love ETIAW. The first 30 seconds or so of MTM, I have to be honest, I thought 'what are they doing?' Im not sure I like Chris' voice here, but then the song starts to build and becomes, quite frankly, awesome. I have listened half a dozen times since it was released in the last hour or so. I think I love it and it will become a classic up there with Scientist and Amsterdam, I think. I cant wait to hear this live at Splendour in the Grass!

8/9 great song but again a too short one....

no^^

MM was short with 3:30, but 4:18 for MTM is just fine.

i recently discovered, all the hit singles from coldplay are in a range from 4-5 minutes ! also, in the radio the longer ones like clocks which is over 5 minutes were cut to a radio edit!

I really am impressed, Coldplay never fail to amaze me, reminds me of space oddity but has its own very distinct feel. This is my fave song so far and thing Moving to Mars would make an awesome title

Moving to Mars or Major Minus

Just heard it... wowwwww! Totally agree with all the comments so far. Has a real classic sound about it. Also agree it has a real feel of bowie about it, for me more so than pink floyd, but then that could be the spacey strings and the magical guitar work from Jonny.

I wonder if the EP is going to be an excerpt from the album, in which case surely this track has to feature, or if it's like a bonus extra to it, in which case i'm excited about the songs we haven't yet heard.

Such a shame about the studio version of MM. Grrr! Damn you Eno!! I know, I know - let it go!

Either way this track is a great example of a new direction with classic sound for me.