✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Is Currently 85 Minutes Long (Interview with Will and Chris after Glastonbury)

Don't Shiver

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this and all the interviews, but it's got to the point where I don't believe 75% of what the band say now. Not in a bad way, as I don't think they ever deliberately lie to us but they just seem so erratic in their ideas and they that they work and things seem to compeletely change on a weekly basis in camp Coldplay... :thinking:

I love this and all the interviews, but it's got to the point where I don't believe 75% of what the band say now. Not in a bad way, as I don't think they ever deliberately lie to us but they just seem so erratic in their ideas and they that they work and things seem to compeletely change on a weekly basis in camp Coldplay... :thinking:

chris jokes a lot so... :thinking: he also said on that interview at some point "i'm on acid" (don't he), thought indeed he looked a bit strange.

they are working on the 5th album, i can understand they be a bit erratic on how they want it to be, a review of previous works, something totally different... normally a band at this point has yet a point to achieve but what do Coldplay have yet to conquer musically?

I think they should release a 120 minutes album, plan an everlasting worldtour an play a yearly special-concert for all the coldplaying members.

that special-concert part would be super awesome, to celebrate their 15 years since they formed? :wacky:

They are gonna chop it down, logically, from coldplay-fan point of view a hour-long album might sound great, but it doesn't work at all, and I personally think albums are best when they are short and strong, it just works better.

Just as a 12-minute song doesn't work as good as a 4-minute song.

I would doubt the 85-minute bit if Chris had said it--especially since he jokes around so much that it's hard to tell when he's serious :P But since it was Will that mentioned it, I'm willing to believe that they have cut it down to something close to 85 minutes.

A double album would be awesome, but I'm betting that we end up with something a little longer than Viva, probably about 55 minutes or so.

I think they were just kidding.....

For coldplay statements we can use the Neapolitan saying: "pare a regia Marina, chell' che dice a sera nun vale a matin'!!"

A possible translation could be: They act like the Regia Marina (something like the Royal Navy) what they say at the end of a day is worthless the morning after.

They don't tell us lies....perhaps they change their mind very often :D

Chris drinking?? O_O he said it was Beer + ginger...is it right? I think it was a drink for the voice.

I was wondering if someone would post that 60 Minutes interview, because I knew I remembered seeing that they had a 'rule' about album length, and I couldn't quite remember how long they said it couldn't be, but I knew 85 was more than what they had said in that interview.

But I don't care, I don't really understand the reasoning behind that, but if it is 8, 80, or 800 minutes, I'm buying it.

They need to prospekt's march that bish. I'm gonna say an album of 55 minutes, and then a 30 minute EP. The 30 minute EP should be released, like, now. Then they can take however long they want on the album and I'll have my precious' to listen to.

So 85 minutes? How many songs is this? 20-25? And they need cut it to 10-12. Almost half. Actually all this festivals stuff could be b-sides? But how about they've already named it and have release date?

They are gonna chop it down, logically, from coldplay-fan point of view a hour-long album might sound great, but it doesn't work at all, and I personally think albums are best when they are short and strong, it just works better.

Just as a 12-minute song doesn't work as good as a 4-minute song.

You were going so well...

What about Supper's Ready or Echoes (23 minutes)? Or Dogs (17 minutes)? Or Thick As A Brick (the whole album, 43 minutes)? These are some of the best songs ever.

What about Supper's Ready or Echoes (23 minutes)? Or Dogs (17 minutes)? Or Thick As A Brick (the whole album, 43 minutes)? These are some of the best songs ever.

I don't really know any of those songs to be honest, so I can't really judge them

but I really wouldn't listen often to a 23 minutes long song, even if it's good, it just takes to much time to just put it on for a bit.

Anyway I don't think Coldplay songs work quite that way anyways.

I agree Pink floyd had some long songs and the Songs just rock.

"Atom Heart mother" is legendary its 23:44 Mins.

Long songs are good most of the time.

The Wall is 1 Hour and 21 Mins long and it was 1 of the Best Albums ever made.