✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Is Currently 85 Minutes Long (Interview with Will and Chris after Glastonbury)

Don't Shiver

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 85 minurte part was Will making a joke in reference to the joke that Chris was making about LP5 being a jazz record. Chris said something along the lines of it's hard to know when a record is finished when your making a jazz record and Will laughed and said something along the lines of yeah right now its about 85 minutes but we're gonna try to cut it down. They were lauging at eachother throughout this entire exchange. These guys are close friends of course and just like the rest off us they like to bullshit with eachother and have a laugh.

Also I dont think Chris was drinking (not that that's important at all) but I think that when he said that he was drinking a beer with ginger in it that was just a funny/sarcastic way of saying that he was drinking a ginger beer... which I have never had before but would imagine is something similar to a root beer. I could be wrong about that.

I don't really know any of those songs to be honest, so I can't really judge them

but I really wouldn't listen often to a 23 minutes long song, even if it's good, it just takes to much time to just put it on for a bit.

Yep, that's what stop most people from listening to Progressive Rock, the best musical genre ever. It's your right not to like it, of course, but I strongly recommend you listen to some of these songs.

Anyway I don't think Coldplay songs work quite that way anyways.

That's true. I couldn't imagine Coldplay making epic songs.

I agree Pink floyd had some long songs and the Songs just rock.

"Atom Heart mother" is legendary its 23:44 Mins.

How could I forget AHM? What an amazing suite!

Long songs are good most of the time.

True.

1- who cares if Chris was drinking? lol - he can enjoy a beer, especially after Glastonbury

and 2, even if they weren't kidding they do release a fair amount of b-sides and I wouldn't be shocked if an EP comes out with the other songs not on the album. I (personally) wouldn't mind a long record, but only if the songs were all good. Whatever they do it's going to dominate globally, so heck, I'm just enjoying the ride!

85 minutes? Cut ETIAW out!

For all I care, the album could be 35 minutes and I'd still be in favor of this.

The 85 minurte part was Will making a joke in reference to the joke that Chris was making about LP5 being a jazz record. Chris said something along the lines of it's hard to know when a record is finished when your making a jazz record and Will laughed and said something along the lines of yeah right now its about 85 minutes but we're gonna try to cut it down. They were lauging at eachother throughout this entire exchange. These guys are close friends of course and just like the rest off us they like to bullshit with eachother and have a laugh.

This is probably correct, everyone. :) The album very well could still be too long, but there was obviously some humor to the exchange.

i thought they were playing about the 85 minutes cuz Chris martin usually lies but hearing ti from WIll, well thats a different story.

if its 85 minutes long and they've listened to brian eno into making songs less than 4 minutes long, then we're gonna have a hell of alot of songs.

i actually prefer 5+minute coldplay songs like in A rush of Blood to the head.

we'll see hopefully they'll release it soon, my ipod wants more coldplay!

Yep, that's what stop most people from listening to Progressive Rock, the best musical genre ever. It's your right not to like it, of course, but I strongly recommend you listen to some of these songs.

I do like progressive rock, but it does take to long so I can't just put it on, so that's a shame about prog rock in my opinion :)

I prefer songs short and strong rather than that you start thinking 'when's the next song comming on?'

Also I dont think Chris was drinking (not that that's important at all) but I think that when he said that he was drinking a beer with ginger in it that was just a funny/sarcastic way of saying that he was drinking a ginger beer... which I have never had before but would imagine is something similar to a root beer. I could be wrong about that.

This is exactly what they were talking about it has nothing to do with the new LP being 85 minutes long.:rolleyes:

Also, Chris drinks people... Don't hold it against him. I think a Ginger Beer is a mix of beer and ginger ale, I come from a family of Brits and when growing up my parents mixed 7-up and beer together and gave it to us kids, and they called it a Shandy.

Wikipedia about ginger beer:

Ginger beer is a carbonated drink that is flavoured primarily with ginger and sweetened with sugar or artificial sweeteners. Most ginger beer produced commercially is a manufactured soft drink. The original version, rarely produced commercially since the mid-20th century but often home brewed, is a brewed alcoholic beverage.

The beverage produced industrially is not brewed (fermented), but carbonated with pressurized carbon dioxide. It does not contain alcohol (although some might contain less than 0.5%) and is sold as a soft drink, sweetened with sugar or artificial sweeteners. Commercial ginger beer is similar to ginger ale except that it has a significantly stronger ginger taste and is sometimes described as ginger ale with a kick. It may be cloudy (a marketing decision rather than a necessary attribute), is sweet, and has a spicy ginger taste.

I do like progressive rock, but it does take to long so I can't just put it on, so that's a shame about prog rock in my opinion :)

I dare you to say it on ProgArchives.com :lol:

You said you didn't know "Supper's Ready", "Dogs" or "Thick As A Brick". With all due respect, if you never heard these songs, you're not a proghead.

I prefer songs short and strong rather than that you start thinking 'when's the next song comming on?'

It never crosses my mind "when's the next song coming on?" while I'm listening to Supper's Ready. I simply enjoy each and every minute of its 23 minutes, that blend together making the best individual song the world has ever seen.

85 MINUTES ARE MAYBE AN 21 TRACK ALBUM, THAT IS IMPOSIBLE, IMPOSIBLE FOR COLDPLAY, ONLY TWO OPTIONS REMAIN:

1- CUT A LOT OF SONGS OFF THE ALBUM

2- MAKE A DOUBLE ALBUM

AS MUCH AS I LOVE THE SECOND ONE I KNOW THE FIRST ONE IS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN, I JUST HOPE THEY RELEASE AN EP AFTER LP5 WITH UNRELEASED SONGS...

Weird how everybody's talking about ginger beer :lol:

Anyways, I do believe the 85 minute thing was a joke. Besides, don't they have some sort of rule that says that no record can be longer than 42 minutes? :thinking:

It won't be 85 minutes, they will cut it down more as I'm sure Coldplay could not pull off a double album and I'm sure the festivals have been a good way for them to try out a few songs which may or may not be on the album.

Yeah! It's true. It's just a joke. But even if it wasn't a joke, I wouldn't buy it (at first I would've, but I just have High Hopes and I'm sometimes blind), because Chris told that LP5 wasn't their masterpiece.

Be glad that Chris is being pessimistic like that--the guys loved X&Y and, frankly, it isn't their best album; they thought A Rush of Blood was 'interesting' and look at it now! :laugh4:

It's kind of obvious at this point that LP5 is certainly not their masterpiece. If anything, they came close to it with AROBTTH and VLV. It might be their next album, but I have my doubts. At the very least I could see them putting it out as their seventh album, though I think they'll stop after that.