✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Is Currently 85 Minutes Long (Interview with Will and Chris after Glastonbury)

Don't Shiver

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im surprised no one has said anything about how weird chris was acting in the interview. i think he was high or something. very spacey.

^ I think he was just exhausted. He just sort of spaced out at one point when Will was talking--something that happens to me quite often when I get overly tired.

he was extremely tired and loosing his voice, he was proud by the way the show went :D

i don't think it was necessarily that he was tired. he said about the whole experience that it was "overwhelm[ing]" and that he felt happy. it just seemed to me like the sort of happiness where you can't really do anything but be eerily calm... i don't know if i've explained that right, but i've had that feeling before. :P

basically, he just seemed sort of mesmerized.

I hope they just release an album similar to Viva La Vida or A Rush of Blood to the Head, where it was short, amazing and got to the point. I literally enjoyed to the fullest, every song of each of those albums, they were just too good. And maybe each single has about two b-sides, so we don't miss out on the songs that were left out, or maybe release an EP like Prospekt's March. Also, just a suggestion, The Killers once released an album, Sawdust, which included several of their b-sides, maybe Coldplay can do something similar to taht. However, I don't really see Coldplay wanting to do that, considering, they really care about ANYTHING they put out, which is pretty great nonetheless.

Please excuse my epic multi-quote post.

What if it turns out that they were great songs? Songs like Goodnight and Goodbye, Famous Old Painters, and Wedding Bells (Even though it was worked in with Christmas Lights)

Even so, people could get burned out just from the vast amount of music. Some people can't pay attention to one thing for that long.

And i would absolutely love that. Incredible really. I mean I don't think you can go wrong with Coldplay- there's never "too much" as far as I'm concerned.

Some people would beg to differ. I'm not saying I'm one of them, but there are definitely times when people can end up having too much of a good thing, y'know.

Quality>quantity.

Cut it down, Coldplay. Release the cut songs on an EP later if you really feel like it. :sweatdrop:

VLVODAAHF + Prospekt's scenario, anyone?

I think they should release a 120 minutes album, plan an everlasting worldtour an play a yearly special-concert for all the coldplaying members.

...You're joking, right?

Just as a 12-minute song doesn't work as good as a 4-minute song.

That's not necessarily true. Longer songs, if constructed correctly, can sound just as good as (if not better than) the shorter ones. Having said that, however, I also have the understanding that longer music isn't for everyone, and some longer songs that aren't constructed as well do have the tendency to feel like they're dragging on and on.

Anyway I don't think Coldplay songs work quite that way anyways.

True. Long songs like that aren't Coldplay's style.

Maybe 85 minutes means that we'll finally get some good b-sides. I miss the days when there would be at least 2 b-sides on every single.

I love Coldplay B-sides. :wacky:

i don't think it was necessarily that he was tired. he said about the whole experience that it was "overwhelm[ing]" and that he felt happy. it just seemed to me like the sort of happiness where you can't really do anything but be eerily calm... i don't know if i've explained that right, but i've had that feeling before. :P

basically, he just seemed sort of mesmerized.

I know exactly what you mean and I agree! :hug:

That's not necessarily true. Longer songs, if constructed correctly, can sound just as good as (if not better than) the shorter ones.
Archive are the perfect example for that. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I just laughed at the idea Will doesn't own a set of drums.

Unbelievable, but it's a big world!

I know exactly what you mean and I agree! :hug:

Archive are the perfect example for that. :heart: :heart: :heart:

There are good examples to descrive the awesome songs that can go on for ten minutes, like Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia". Sometimes there are bad songs that get boring quickly like The Who's "Baby Don't You Do It".

It's unlikely that Coldplay will show us a 10 or more minutes long music like that (unless if it's somethong like "Everything's Not Lost" or "Yes").

^ Those songs have long track times because there are hidden tracks bundled in with them. At the end of Yes there's Chinese Sleep Chant and at the end of Everything's Not Lost there's Life Is For Living. The actual songs are around the 5 minute mark I believe. However they do perform a long version of Everything's Not lost live that's about 8 minutes like at Glastonbury and Live 2003 for example.

Could someone kindly upload the interview somewhere? Now it has been removed from YouTube and I cant see it :(

Oh never mind, found a new link:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPcHBen3Xw]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - Interview - Glastonbury festival 2011 [HQ]‬‏[/ame]

CHRIS LIED

I think you desserve all this info , this is my last post and im not spaming, last one all I know

RAFAELCHAMPION shut up, they recorded the video for ETIAW when this song wasn;t even released, will lied, okay? chris also lied when he said the album had 10/11 songs, the album has at least 14 songs, the setlist has not been confirmed yet, but major minus and moving to mars are there for sure. and MX and HLH are the opening tracks while MTM is the closer for the album

the recording for the MAJOR MINUS video, starts next week, because it will be a single, it is in the space, they have pretty weird but cool ideas, they will record it after rock am ring

ETIAW video july 7 (FACT)

HITS , for not saying to much...

CK ....... Golden A I(L)UFO I(L)CKMX PRINCESS OC

and again, the most important term for this album

CK

do not think it as two letters, think it as a sing

CK

The artwork, ooo the artwork its done, and it is nothing like the MM, MTM and ETIAW artworks, its totally diferent, and the album as you already know has the name i have already said 1000 times...

hints

monday morning, WEDING BELLS, and expect a surprise because of "Spanish Rain" being the secong single, this a posivility, that is not confirmed yet, but it is for sure on the album.

CK