✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Is Currently 85 Minutes Long (Interview with Will and Chris after Glastonbury)

Don't Shiver

EDIT: Here's the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYD5dq3ENY]YouTube - ‪Coldplay Glastonbury Interview 2011 HD‬‏[/ame]

In the interview with Jo Whiley on BBC 2 after the show, Chris and Will confirmed that it's currently around 85 minutes long, that they "never know when a record isl finished" and that it's their "summer project".

:)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this be in the LP5 section? Just a thought.

And i would absolutely love that. Incredible really. I mean I don't think you can go wrong with Coldplay- there's never "too much" as far as I'm concerned. If this interview is confirmed and everything, the only thing I'm wondering is if Chris/Will said that seriously or tongue-in-cheek because you know how they can be sometimes. (; And wouldn't it HAVE to be a double album in that case? I thought a CD could only hold 80 minutes of music.

Keep in mind it came out of Chris' mouth. Chris.

Really it's just a tongue-in-cheek way of saying we don't know what we want on the album yet, we've got to narrow it down before we finalize it.

It will not actually be 85 minutes. That's more than 2 x 42.

Keep in mind it came out of Chris' mouth. Chris.

Really it's just a tongue-in-cheek way of saying we don't know what we want on the album yet, we've got to narrow it down before we finalize it.

It will not actually be 85 minutes. That's more than 2 x 42.

Will said it!

What if it turns out that they were great songs? Songs like Goodnight and Goodbye, Famous Old Painters, and Wedding Bells (Even though it was worked in with Christmas Lights)

Songs won't just be thrown away, we'll likely see some of them as B-Sides.

I seriously couldn't handle an album 85 minutes long, an hour can sometimes be too long depending on the sorts of songs.

I'd never turn down an 85-minute long Coldplay album, but I'm certainly more for quality over quantity. Although, Coldplay is yet to do anything I don't like, so.

But yeah -- I'd rather a refined, fine-tuned, finished album.

I'm convinced it'll be an October release now, if I wasn't already before.

In the interview with Jo Whiley on BBC 2 after the show, Chris and Will confirmed that it's currently around 85 minutes long, that they "never know when a record isl finished" and that it's their "summer project".

:)

They also said it was a Jazz album ;)

Someone's gotta post the interview online. I can't believe they're doing this right now.

i second that, please.

Goodness no! As much as I love long albums, 85 minutes is way too long. I don't think it'll even be an hour long, honestly.

indeed too long, and now is when i ask.... but don't they said they deleted all they had worked for the new album a year ago and started again from zero?

That would be cool, but probably full of crapy songs :P

probably, very few artists can do a double album and make the whole work awesome (eg. Benjamin Biolay), but Coldplay's never been of those sorts of artists.

^ Exactly. You've gotta exercise some quality control. I'd much rather have a shorter album full of great songs than a longer album with mediocre songs.

You are so rite, better quality than quantity.

but i still feel they may do a La Pulqueria thing (offer the album in different Singles/EPs and finally when tour is in the middle or so offer the whole album).

It worked well for them, (their idea was to offer a whole meal: starter, main meal, dessert) but for Coldplay i honestly doubt it and anyways the whole thing wasn't that bloody long :freak: