✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

I saw a guy in the Gap today with one of the new shirts from the recent concerts!! I was going to ask him which show he went to but I my mom was with me and we needed to get some stuff and leave...

I sat on the left , row CC, got my ticket from WASTE and wasn't too impressed with it, thought the band would be giving out closer than that, but any who.....Had some giant fucker in front of me in Dallas AND Houston. grrrrrrrrrr! Can't they assign seats based on height? The Dallas bastard brought his binoculars as well, so he had his frickin elbows stretched out on each side of his fat head. I was like dude, you're 10 feet tall, why the fuck do you need binoculars? :veryangry2:

I know you must have been freaking out. Before I left for Dallas I know I must have checked 200 times to make sure I had my ticket with me. And when I stopped to eat, I brought my ticket in with me because what if someone stole my car while I was eating and they got my ticket! :P

That opening bad was The Liars.....it was the 3rd time I have seen them and that was 3 times too many. :dozey:

I KNOW everyone has the right to sit wherever and ...but its not right to like do jigs when you are 10 feet by five feet or something, and its NOT okay to high five people five times in a row when you are that big with your big friends next to you so that the people behind you enjoy and see nothing!

but at least the lawn section was really jamming out. And the set list was more than i could ask for.

I guarded the tickets with my life before the show, but like i had to make dinner for some friends before the show so i got distracted. i walked out saying, got my cash in hand, camera too, my friends, my pants....i remembered everything but the tickets

I want that shirt too. I was looking the pictures of the shirts and that's the one I want, too.

I was just wondering.. what time do you think I should get to the venue? I was browsing waste-central and some people will be there very early in the morning. the gates will open at 4pm. is 12pm too late already to get very good spots? I'm also concerned about my camera.. I sent an email to the concert organizer, but no reply. It's a SRL camera

Uuuummmmmmm .... if the gap between 2 albums exponentially expands, then it's gonna be released in 8 years. But I really really hope I'm wrong and I really REALLY hope I got the right meaning of word "exponentially". One year without maths does damage to your brain. *wisenod*

when is Radiohead gonna start out a new album? Is there any info or have they not mentioned it?

Yea, i'd imagine a little while yet at the least :lol: like two years

I was just wondering.. what time do you think I should get to the venue? I was browsing waste-central and some people will be there very early in the morning. the gates will open at 4pm. is 12pm too late already to get very good spots?

I'm also worried about that, i'm just going to turn up as early as possible so like get there for 9ish or something maybe.

I want that shirt too. I was looking the pictures of the shirts and that's the one I want, too.

I was just wondering.. what time do you think I should get to the venue? I was browsing waste-central and some people will be there very early in the morning. the gates will open at 4pm. is 12pm too late already to get very good spots? I'm also concerned about my camera.. I sent an email to the concert organizer, but no reply. It's a SRL camera

you should try to call the venue if that's possible. at my venue, the suggested you call THE DAY of your show because camera rules are different for some performers. I was allowed to bring a camera, the only things they asked is that it not be a professional camera and by that they meant no big professional lenses. Every venue and show is different so the only way to know is calling the venue.

It's best to get there an hour or more ahead. And if you are really concerned, there is no harm getting there early. You might enjoy meeting other fans while you wait :)

*edit.... also, if you plan on buying Radiohead loot at the venue, try to have cash instead of credit. Some places take credit but not all. But credit lines are incredible slow anyway. The Blink your eyes one for yes and two for no shirt...cost me 40 american dollars. woop! pretty expensive for a shirt. Its organic cotton but it feels like silk! So comfy!

At WPalm and Tampa, there was no flashphotography allowed and no big screens at request of the band and if they caught you they took the camera. And I bought a shirt... they are so soft, yes , it washes really nice, use cold water though. I should have bought one of those posters, actually they are very nice.. limited and numbered.. I think, 5000. I hope they still have some in Camden show, I will buy one! the colors are nice! :D

you should try to call the venue if that's possible. at my venue, the suggested you call THE DAY of your show because camera rules are different for some performers. I was allowed to bring a camera, the only things they asked is that it not be a professional camera and by that they meant no big professional lenses. Every venue and show is different so the only way to know is calling the venue.

It's best to get there an hour or more ahead. And if you are really concerned, there is no harm getting there early. You might enjoy meeting other fans while you wait :)

*edit.... also, if you plan on buying Radiohead loot at the venue, try to have cash instead of credit. Some places take credit but not all. But credit lines are incredible slow anyway. The Blink your eyes one for yes and two for no shirt...cost me 40 american dollars. woop! pretty expensive for a shirt. Its organic cotton but it feels like silk! So comfy!

thanks, Crystal :) hmm my camera might not be allowed then.. must take a digi cam too then

Yeah! And it'll be a bit cheaper as well ... 50€. :dance: I won't have much time cause we leave one hour after concert I think, but since I won't be seeing a friend of mine (:bigcry:) I'll have enough time for shopping. :D

i don't know if its been posted but i saw this on cnn.com

Hit band done with the music biz 'machinery'Story

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The breakthrough for Radiohead on "Reckoner" -- a song that underwent multiple incarnations on its way to "In Rainbows" -- came by way of what Jonny Greenwood calls a "big percussion fest."

The members of Radiohead say they're feeling much looser since ending their label ties.

Recording in an English country house, all five members of the group make a loud, cathartic racket -- a habit-busting trick the band has practiced since primary school, says bassist Colin Greenwood.

"And I'm happy to say that success hasn't changed us at all," joked Jonny Greenwood, who would rather leave the percussion to Phil Selway's drums and Thom Yorke's rhythm guitar.

Whether through the primal release of a "big percussion fest" or by severing ties with its record label, Radiohead is giving the distinct impression of a band that has exorcised something.

Since self-releasing "In Rainbows" as a pay-what-you-want digital download last fall, Radiohead has moved quickly with the tilt of innovation. They surprised fans with intimate webcasts; they offered one track, "Nude," in stripped down audio pieces for anyone to remix; they held a surprise concert so crowded that police insisted they move along.

On their seventh album, particularly on songs like the falsetto-rich R&B ballad "House of Cards" and the languorous "Nude," the music reflects the same sense of freedom. The prevailing tone of the new material is -- gasp! -- a melodic warmth.

And this is a drastic change for what many consider the gloomiest band on the planet.

Meet the born-again Radiohead.

In a recent two-part interview with the band -- first with the Greenwood brothers and Selway, second with Yorke and guitarist Ed O'Brien -- a lightness was unmistakable. Much funnier than you'd expect, the quintet bemusedly contemplate wearing Speedos while shuffling into a Washington, D.C., hotel room.

They had just performed in nearby Virginia, where torrential rain caused flooding and enormous traffic jams around the Nissan Pavilion. In the apocalyptic downpour, Radiohead functioned as a hearth, exuding their newfound glow.

Five shows into the first leg of their North America tour, they played confidently. At one point, Yorke urged the soaked crowd to "cuddle," an unthinkable prospect for a Radiohead concert.

Tuneful beauty has always been part of Radiohead songs (like the "rain down" climax in "Paranoid Android"), but such moments have seldom been allowed to linger. Asked the origins of the new mood, Yorke is as clueless as anyone.

"I don't know where it came from, to be honest," said the 39-year-old singer, laughing heartily. "I think ('In Rainbows') has its moments of fraught tension, like 'Bodysnatchers' obviously. But it ends up in a good space. It starts off pretty anxious, but the end of 'All I Need,' by that point, everything is like, 'Ahhh' -- getting it out of your system."

When the band completed 2003's "Hail to the Thief," they essentially got what O'Brien calls the "machinery" of the music industry out of their system. Their six-album deal with EMI Music Group expired and they declined all suitors for a new deal.

The band was at a crossroads and low on energy. They were disappointed by "Hail to the Thief," which they felt was unfinished.

"What was great about 'Kid A' was that it heralded a new period and it meant we went off in some cool new places," said O'Brien, 40. "But the downside was that in the whole period up until the end of 'Hail to the Thief,' we picked up some nasty habits."

The band, of whom all but O'Brien still live in their hometown of Oxford, had progressed steadily into more experimental territory after their 1993 debut "Pablo Honey" and the classic guitar rock follow-up, 1995's "The Bends." The unparalleled "OK Computer" (1997) elevated them to worldwide fame, but didn't tame them. 2000's "Kid A" and its companion piece "Amnesiac" followed.

The outwardly political "Hail to the Thief," something of a return to guitar-based rockers, was the first sign that Radiohead's path had become confused. Afterward, the band members occupied themselves with their families. Yorke released a solo album, "The Eraser" in 2006.

"We were going along in a certain trajectory and then suddenly with 'Hail to the Thief,' it was: we can't carry along in that way anymore," said Yorke. "To me the hardest thing was finding a reason to carry on."

As unified as "In Rainbows" sounds, it took years to complete. The band began recording it with producer Mark Stent, the first time in years they didn't work with Nigel Godrich.

The attempt was futile and Radiohead set out on tour to help bring the new songs into shape. When they returned to the studio, they went back to Godrich, considered the unofficial sixth member because of his importance in helping refine the group's sound. (Colin calls his wealth of gear "like Aladdin's cave.")

"The key thing in actually propelling it forward was Nigel coming back into the process," said Selway, 41. "The reality when we got in there was it still wasn't good enough. We really had to raise our standards quite a lot."

Typically, songs begin with Yorke writing something on piano or guitar with vocals and fleshing it out with the multi-instrumentalist Jonny Greenwood. Then the band works together to find the right arrangement, a process that can be tortuous. "Videotape" underwent, Yorke jokes, hundreds of versions before finding the right minimalist sound.

"We still sometimes get overawed by the songs," said Greenwood. "We'll get very attached to a song as an idea in its very basic form, but we also know we can't really leave it like that. So that's what we spend our time talking about and planning and thinking about. Thom will sit and play 'Pyramid Song' on piano, for example, and it's obviously not finished. It needs a rhythm to propel it along. But what do you do with it and yet not mess it up? So that's the sort of enjoyable pressure we like to be under."

Though the method of release overshadowed the music of "In Rainbows" somewhat, it's been almost universally hailed as a masterpiece. Yorke has been quoted as calling it "our classic album, our 'Transformer,' our 'Revolver,' our 'Hunky Dory' " -- a statement he said is a misquote: "I do talk some ... but I didn't say that."

His point, he said, is that they strove to make a similarly concise work as those albums.

"In Rainbows" may be a departure, but it's unmistakably Radiohead. Yorke is still singing about disconnection between people, which he cheerfully acknowledges: "It's part of my repertoire. It's what I do. Some people go and work at something they don't like, others talk about disconnection a lot."

But the album still feels apart from the old Radiohead story line. For the first time, they don't sound self-conscious. The band says it all starts with being free of a record contract. (The album was also released traditionally on January 1 by ATO imprint TBD Records, topping the sales charts that week. The band has declined to release sales figures for the download.)

"When we weren't signed to EMI and didn't have a contract, that threw up all this mad(ness)," said Yorke. "In a way, your possibilities are endless and limitless and meaningless. You actually suddenly have -- I don't know why, it doesn't make sense -- but there was a complete lack of connection with our past."

The band has called the digital giveaway a "one-off" experiment, but they've also re-examined other ways they conduct business. They last year commissioned a report from the company Best Foot Forward to judge the carbon and ecological footprint of their touring.

Any adjustments are in the early stages, but the band has posted messages on their Web site urging fans to car pool to concerts. They caution that music is at the heart of any new endeavors.

And as might be expected for the ever forward-looking Radiohead, new songs are already in the works, though they are still just "on guitars," says Jonny Greenwood. He only hints that the songs explore "absurd musical ideas."

"When you hear Thom and Jonny in the soundcheck and they've come up with something and start playing it, it's good to hear," said O'Brien.

The process of finding the right instruments for the songs will soon begin. Greenwood would like to even throw a banjo into the mix, but said he gets "level looks" from his bandmates whenever he brings it out. "There's a ban on banjos," said his 38-year-old brother.

"What's interesting to me is very old technologies like orchestras and pianos and things and how they meet modern recording and treatment techniques," said Greenwood, 36, who also does classical work on the side, including the buzzing, unforgettable score to "There Will Be Blood."

Radiohead will tour Europe in June and July before returning for the second leg of their North America tour, which will kick off August 1 at the Lollapalooza Festival.

In the meantime, Yorke -- who said he still considers the album "the most satisfying format" -- has already envisioned the next innovation to deploy when they have new music to release.

"Let's leave it on the street corner with a little sign," Yorke jokes as excitement sweeps over his face. "Now that's a good idea! I like that idea. With a little photo on the Web: 'It's here.' A couple of clues. A little doggie bag."

the latest from CNN...

Radiohead to Prince: Hey, that's OUR song

WASHINGTON (AP) -- After word spread that Prince covered Radiohead's "Creep" at Coachella, the tens of thousands who couldn't be there ran to YouTube for a peek. Everyone was quickly denied -- even Radiohead.

Radiohead was pleased Prince had covered "Creep." But who has the right to put online?

All videos of Prince's unique rendition of Radiohead's early hit were quickly taken down, leaving only a message that his label, NPG Records, had removed the clips, claiming a copyright violation. But the posted videos were shot by fans and, obviously, the song isn't Prince's.

In a recent interview, Thom Yorke said he heard about Prince's performance from a text message and thought it was "hilarious." Yorke laughed when his bandmate, guitarist Ed O'Brien, said the blocking had prevented him from seeing Prince's version of their song.

"Really? He's blocked it?" asked Yorke, who figured it was their song to block or not. "Surely we should block it. Hang on a moment."

Yorke added: "Well, tell him to unblock it. It's our ... song."

YouTube prohibits the posting of copyrighted material. If the site receives a complaint from a copyright owner, it will in most cases remove the video(s). Whether the same could be done for a company not holding a copyright is less clear, but Yorke's argument would seem to bear some credence according to YouTube's policies. YouTube, which is owned by Google, declined to comment.

Minnesota-grown rock star Prince also did not respond to a request for comment Thursday.

The dispute was an interesting twist in debates over digital ownership, held between two major acts with differing views on music and the Internet. Radiohead famously released their most recent album, "In Rainbows," as a digital download with optional pricing. They also have a channel on YouTube.

When Prince performed at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, on April 26, he prohibited the standard arrangement of allowing photographers to shoot near the stage during the first three songs of his set. Instead, he had a camera crew filming his performance.

Prince, who founded NPG Records in 1993, has been innovative when it comes to music distribution, too. He released his 1997 album, "Crystal Ball," on the Internet and in 2006 was awarded a lifetime achievement award by the Webbys. In 2007, he gave away copies of his disc "Planet Earth" in a British Sunday newspaper.

But the Purple One has also shut down his official Web site and in September of last year said he would sue YouTube and eBay for not filtering unauthorized content.

Prince fans have organized to urge him to relent in his legal fights to control images and photographs of himself. As of Thursday, the most popular YouTube clip about Prince playing "Creep" is an expletive-laden rant from Sam Conti Jr., who describes himself as a "former Prince fan."