✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

The last four tracks. Me gusta so much! The only track I didn't like very much was Feral, but other than that... I rather like the first half of the album as well. But to say I was severly disappointed by the lack of The Present Tense is an understatement. That song needs a proper release.

I don't know why I put this in spoiler tags. It's not even spoiler-y. :blank:

Also.. what if they release another album tomorrow? :lol: *very very wishful thinking*

I'd count on there being a release sometime this year, if not really soon.

Part of me doesn't see how they could kind of go on tour with such a short album.

That's a good point, it doesn't seem enough for a tour. Luckily they've got a huge catalogue by now, so we don't have to fear the shows will be short.

This is my first listen now so I can't make a full judgement. I will say it sounds like a cross between The Eraser and Amnesiac. And yes, it's too short. I've just made a iTunes playlist for it to include TAMTW as well. Just a matter of where to place it.

I seriously, seriously hope we'll be getting another disc of material soon. The songs on here, as good or not good as they may be - aren't really enough after the 4 year wait.

One thing is certain though, hipsters, RYM and Pitchfork will lap it up.

I've listened twice now and am still formulating my opinions, but it seems like most of them have already been said here. I tend to fall absolutely in love with things people aren't feeling, or I'm "meh" about things that people are going crazy over, so it's kind of cool to for once think some of the same initial thoughts as other fans of a band.

Everyone's doing spoilers so I'm following the trend, haha:

I was not really feeling the first four tracks, like several people have mentioned. I think they'll grow on me, but I really do think the second half of the album is more enjoyable than the first. I totally agree with whoever mentioned that "Lotus Flower" is the turning point. "Codex" and "Separator" are the absolute standouts to me. I'm in love with the guitar on "Separator." And really just the whole song. My instantaneous reaction to the album was that it sounded as if In Rainbows mated with Kid A. Which in theory would be great, because I think those are my two favorite albums of theirs, but I have yet to nail down how I feel about this as a whole.

I'm not disappointed, because I think my excitement is always guarded with Radiohead just because they can be pretty unpredictable and out-there. I'm certainly not disappointed by the length or number of tracks, anyway, but the rumors that this could be only the first half of a double album that we'll get tomorrow/soon/sometime in the near future/this year seem to both make total sense and seem a bit overly hopeful to me. I wouldn't put it past them for a second to be like "hey guys, here's more" tomorrow or very soon, especially because of things like the fact that they need two vinyl records to put only 37 minutes of music on in the Newspaper edition and "if you think this is over, you're wrong" on "Separator." It's all very conspiracy-theory to me, but I see where it's coming from. I guess only time will tell.

Nah, this is going to get some harsh reviews. Better than In Rainbows my ass

Surprisingly a lot of the reviews I've read so far aren't the sort you'd expect for a new Radiohead release. Who knows, in 6 months time this could be ranked down there with Pablo Honey.

Second half >>> first half. Though the second half isn't amazing either. Good, not amazing.

I wanted more songs like Bodysnatchers and Bangers and Mash. I kinda thought since Kid A they were gradually moving closer and closer to the rockier sound. How stupid of me to think this.

Second half >>> first half. Though the second half isn't amazing either. Good, not amazing.

I wanted more songs like Bodysnatchers and Bangers and Mash. I kinda thought since Kid A they were gradually moving closer and closer to the rockier sound. How stupid of me to think this.

Agree completely--I was really hoping for a Bangers and Mash-type rocker. I was also hoping for something a little more varied. I think the whole thing is more samey than I expected.

Ok, my first impression is this one:

Yorke: Hey guys let's do another The Eraser, but this time with all of you.

Rest of band: Sure, We thought you'd already changed us for Flea and co.

So, I'd rename it: The eraser: enhaced full band version.

Other than that I haven't listened to it properly nor complete, so I'll give my final review later.

BTW what the fuck is wrong with Thom? His dance moves are kind of disturbing some times.