✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I need some coldplaying love and support

djibou

Ivet, my girlfriend, who lives 1600 miles away from me, was supposed to come visit me this saturday. The plane ticket is bought, and the tickets to some shows were bought as well.

Her parents won't let her go. No matter what.

I haven't seen her since January 3rd. I was practically living for this moment.

I can't breath anymore. I need some love and support.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dijiboo that sucks, really, anyone who goes through a long distance relationship knows how much you look forward to seeing someone. If there are reasons for it not happening you can at least understand, but if there are no reasons, I can't imagine how pissed I'd be. Did they know about it before and suddenly change their minds?

It went from 'You should go visit Marie this summer' (said by her mom when I was over there) to 'you're not fucking going anywhere' (said by her dad tonight).

Edit: no, all of them are working or not that close to Ivet. It's a two hours drive.

Oh Marie that sucks :( I really hope they change their mind and let Ivet go to Canada! I mean, she got a job and paid for the flights, she's not a little girl.

Hope you girls can see each other soon :hug:

They did that the first time, when I was going over there. They said yes, I had bought my plane ticket, and then out of the blue, they changed their minds. They only changed their minds again the day before my plane left.

And under the circumstances, they won't change their minds this time. It won't happen.

thanks Reilly.

The next time I would see her is this winter in about 5 months. Just watch me. Even if her parents say no, we'll work around it, I'll stay at her dorms or smth.

I don't think there's any way to fix it :/

yeah well her parents don't know we're a couple (although we think they have doubts). but yeah it's pretty hard. Ivet had bought her ticket (670 dollars gone...) and I had some concert tickets, including sufjan in nyc, which are too late to sell now. But that's just the money side, it just that longing of finally being with the one you love... and then having your hope and excitement completely crushed. Bleh

This is a very emo thread. I'm sorry.

Fuck it, tell Ivet to go anyway and find any possible way. You guys need to be together.

omgAlexa :hug: I told her this. But her dad is gonna kill her. You don't wanna mess with her dad, believe me.

oh fuck she's missing out on you AND sufjan???? :( :( :( :(

yeah ikr.

Ivet, my girlfriend, who lives 1600 miles away from me, was supposed to come visit me this saturday. The plane ticket is bought, and the tickets to some shows were bought as well.

Her parents won't let her go. No matter what.

I haven't seen her since January 3rd. I was practically living for this moment.

I can't breath anymore. I need some love and support.

:hug:

Oh guys. :( :hug: I think Ivet should still try and find a way to go to see you this Saturday. I'm sure there's some organised public transport from the airport to the city so I don't see the transport as such big a problem. I understand how frustrating it is when parents change their minds so quickly and you're still so young you don't have much choice other than obey them. But she's worked hard to be able to buy the flight ticket and her parents should respect her wishes.