August 9, 201115 yr Riots hit indie labels! :uhoh: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78580
August 9, 201115 yr By the way I don't think it would improve the situation if shop owners were allowed to have guns. It would probably only cause more violence on both sides. :dozey: Most British people think that if they're handed a gun, they'll obviously just start shooting random people. Who knows, maybe they're right.
August 9, 201115 yr No fun, I wanna riot..so bored here. Most British people think that if they're handed a gun, they'll obviously just start shooting random people. Who knows, maybe they're right. They don't need guns. They use their words as weapons.
August 9, 201115 yr I do hope that the extra policemen are not all stationed in London as Manchester and other cities need them as well. Disturbing news read on German text-TV / ZDF Text: It has turned out that the 29-year-old man who was killed by police Saturday had NOT fired any shot. I think that I have heard / read somewhere that he had 4 children. It was his death that sparked / triggered the riots in Tottenham last Saturday - riots that have now spread to Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London - and probably also elsewhere. I wish that it would all calm down soon - preferably right now (or earlier). It was reported on Tv2 News that the police considers using dum dum bullets.
August 9, 201115 yr Manchester now http://yfrog.com/ke339dkj http://twitpic.com/63iu0g http://yfrog.com/kkxqyrgj http://yfrog.com/hsf1ponj 2000 :o decended on manchester city centre now according to the news It's proper scary. The Cher Lloyd signing one is kinda funny though. :dozey: Most British people think that if they're handed a gun, they'll obviously just start shooting random people. Who knows, maybe they're right. Some people probably would use them in these circumstances.
August 9, 201115 yr Wouldn't be surprised if most if not all Premier League fixtures are cancelled this weekend.
August 9, 201115 yr Y'see this is what has happened, all the forces are in London, so the rioters are attacking Manchester instead!!!
August 9, 201115 yr I was kinda worried about that this morning ^ :\ 'People are following us around with bags, asking where the riots are. There is no doubt that there is a great deal of opportunism going on here tonight in Manchester'. Chris Buckler BBC News
August 9, 201115 yr Next up would be Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee & Humberside. Dublin (or the few assholes there who may start shit) can rightly fuck off if they think they are rioting.
August 9, 201115 yr I guess I just don't understand the concept of rioting and looting. Demonstrations, even intense ones... fine. But rioting? Attacking your own community, businesses, people? I don't get it.
August 9, 201115 yr I guess I just don't understand the concept of rioting and looting. Demonstrations, even intense ones... fine. But rioting? Attacking your own community, businesses, people? I don't get it. Exactly. What do they gain? They're going to have to pay for the damages with taxes at the very least.
August 9, 201115 yr Wonder how the masses will react if they bring in troops. They've said that they can't because they are busy fighting in Afghanistan and in Libya.
August 9, 201115 yr They have troops around in other countries not in combat and in the country. That's total bullshit. Not that I'm saying they should do it.
August 9, 201115 yr They do have other troops, I live about 10 minutes away from Catterick Garrison which is a very big army camp. I really can't see them using the army unless things get completely desperate.
August 9, 201115 yr They'll have to call in the French army. There's been a depression in the white flag industry since France hasn't had many wars recently. Kat-Yeah, probably won't. But hey, you never know if it'll get that bad or not. I was surprised it's this bad already. I hope it quiets down soon though.
August 9, 201115 yr It is very bad as soon as London gets fully protected Manchester turns into a war zone I really think they need a big effective plan and fast.
August 9, 201115 yr Troops? At the moment I highly doubt it. What could happen is one massive riot between those wanting to take on these rioters. I fear that right wing nut jobs will come out and start fighting them claiming that this is all down to the blacks and asians when they couldn't be more ill informed. Those fascists like the EDL think they can use this to mobilise support which is not good at all.
August 9, 201115 yr Genuine question, why don't they use water canons on them? or have they brought out things like that yet? They used it on the rioters in Belfast, which was a smaller group and less of a problem (ignoring the fact that it's basically a problem around the marching season most years)
August 9, 201115 yr Genuine question, why don't they use water canons on them? or have they brought out things like that yet? They used it on the rioters in Belfast, which was a smaller group and less of a problem (ignoring the fact that it's basically a problem around the marching season most years) There is not one water cannon on mainland Britain. All the water cannons are in Northern Ireland. The idea of bringing them in has been flung around often today by the police and the government.
August 9, 201115 yr There is not one water cannon on mainland Britain. All the water cannons are in Northern Ireland. The idea of bringing them in has been flung around often today by the police and the government. Are you serious? -__- the riots there calmed down after like the 12th of July ... coincidentally after they brought out the water canons.
August 9, 201115 yr the phrase "expedite matters" comes to mind. How about using fire trucks to hose down the demonstrators, if it has come to that? Or reopening the youth clubs, so they're not all just hanging around waiting for something exciting to do?
Create an account or sign in to comment