✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Riots on the Streets of UK

Black Rose

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way I don't think it would improve the situation if shop owners were allowed to have guns. It would probably only cause more violence on both sides.

:dozey: Most British people think that if they're handed a gun, they'll obviously just start shooting random people. Who knows, maybe they're right.

I do hope that the extra policemen are not all stationed in London as Manchester and other cities need them as well.

Disturbing news read on German text-TV / ZDF Text:

It has turned out that the 29-year-old man who was killed by police Saturday had NOT fired any shot. I think that I have heard / read somewhere that he had 4 children. It was his death that sparked / triggered the riots in Tottenham last Saturday - riots that have now spread to Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London - and probably also elsewhere.

I wish that it would all calm down soon - preferably right now (or earlier).

It was reported on Tv2 News that the police considers using dum dum bullets.

Manchester now

http://yfrog.com/ke339dkj

http://twitpic.com/63iu0g

http://yfrog.com/kkxqyrgj

http://yfrog.com/hsf1ponj

2000 :o decended on manchester city centre now according to the news

It's proper scary. The Cher Lloyd signing one is kinda funny though.

:dozey: Most British people think that if they're handed a gun, they'll obviously just start shooting random people. Who knows, maybe they're right.

Some people probably would use them in these circumstances.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Wouldn't be surprised if most if not all Premier League fixtures are cancelled this weekend.

I was kinda worried about that this morning ^ :\

'People are following us around with bags, asking where the riots are. There is no doubt that there is a great deal of opportunism going on here tonight in Manchester'.

Chris Buckler BBC News

I guess I just don't understand the concept of rioting and looting. Demonstrations, even intense ones... fine. But rioting? Attacking your own community, businesses, people? I don't get it.

Exactly. What do they gain? They're going to have to pay for the damages with taxes at the very least.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Troops? At the moment I highly doubt it. What could happen is one massive riot between those wanting to take on these rioters. I fear that right wing nut jobs will come out and start fighting them claiming that this is all down to the blacks and asians when they couldn't be more ill informed. Those fascists like the EDL think they can use this to mobilise support which is not good at all.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Genuine question,

why don't they use water canons on them? or have they brought out things like that yet?

They used it on the rioters in Belfast, which was a smaller group and less of a problem

(ignoring the fact that it's basically a problem around the marching season most years)

There is not one water cannon on mainland Britain. All the water cannons are in Northern Ireland. The idea of bringing them in has been flung around often today by the police and the government.

There is not one water cannon on mainland Britain. All the water cannons are in Northern Ireland. The idea of bringing them in has been flung around often today by the police and the government.

Are you serious? -__- the riots there calmed down after like the 12th of July ... coincidentally after they brought out the water canons.