✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Myloto Xyloto To Have 13 Tracks.

prjio307

Viva was about 42 minutes long and all of the songs on Viva were quite short. The longest 2 were Strawberry Swing and Violet Hill which were just over 4 minutes long. If it's the same this time round they could easily do 13 songs that fit into 42 minutes. Bear in mind that MX is probably included in the 13 songs that Chris mentioned and it's under 1 minute long. That leaves 12 songs in 41.5 minutes. That's easily achievable.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly doubt that Princess of China will make the final cut. Chris said that there were songs that he has played and he felt like an idiot for playing them, so he stopped doing so. As far as I know, PoC is the only new song played live this summer, that has stopped being played live.

I honestly doubt that Princess of China will make the final cut. Chris said that there were songs that he has played and he felt like an idiot for playing them, so he stopped doing so. As far as I know, PoC is the only new song played live this summer, that has stopped being played live.

I thought that also while reading the article, but then there's today's Phil's tweet. So we will get a studio version.

There's a lot of confusion about what Chris means when he says 'live.' We know that the band have been testing each of their songs 'live' at The Beehive to see if they translate well to a live environment so that's probably what he's referring to here. If he felt like an idiot playing Princess of China he would never have played it at that festival at all. We can only assume it was taken out of the setlist because of other reasons. Now recently Phil mention it in a tweet so it's still definitely being considered.

My prediction:

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Princess of China

Up in Flames

Charlie Brown

Us Against the World

Major Minus

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Car Kids (It's on the cover)

Luminous

Alien Radio / U.F.O.

Plus one more track we haven't heard yet.

My prediction:

There is the chance that Car Kids is just a lyric. So much mystery behind the album cover!! :DD

I hope it is 13 tracks. That would be great! And hopefully no exclusive bonus tracks either. Everything is universal on all releases. iTunes, CD, Vinyl and Special Edition!

There is the chance that Car Kids is just a lyric. So much mystery behind the album cover!! :DD

I hope it is 13 tracks. That would be great! And hopefully no exclusive bonus tracks either. Everything is universal on all releases. iTunes, CD, Vinyl and Special Edition!

It seems unlikely that two words from a song would get so much attention. Besides, Car Kids was on the list of possible LP5 songs back in 2010.

OK, so list of possible songs is as follows:

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Up in Flames

Princess of China

Car Kids

Up With the Birds

Major Minus

Moving to Mars

Us Against the World

U.F.O.?

Xylobrytes?

Luminous?

Under 1 Roof?

Iam dying almost 100 000 times becuase i dont know if PoC will be on Mylo Xyloto :( :( :(

I'm dying because I'm worried "Hurts Like Heaven" won't make the cut. It's my favorite of all the new songs and I would be heart broken if it didn't make the album :(.

Probably not 13 for the album, but I really don't see why not. 12 songs at 4 minutes each is only 48 minutes.

I really hope the band doesn't put out a really short album even if it has 10 songs. It sounds like they're pretty tired from this recording process - Chris at least. Saying he has nothing left. Not like I believe that will last, but I would hope they can bring at least a bunch of b-sides if not an EP out.

Who knows. I'm greedy. :wacky:

Iam dying almost 100 000 times becuase i dont know if PoC will be on Mylo Xyloto :( :( :(

Did you see Phil Harvey's tweet on the bands Twitter? He says he's excited to get Paradise, Up in Flames and Princess of China out there.

So no worries!

Did you see Phil Harvey's tweet on the bands Twitter? He says he's excited to get Paradise, Up in Flames and Princess of China out there.

So no worries!

This is the trouble with playing unreleased songs live. It creates a paradox in the fans. We want "new" songs on the album that we haven't heard yet but we also have fallen in love with the live unreleased tracks (Hurts Like Heaven, Princess of China, etc...) and are disappointed when/if they aren't included on the album. We can't have our cake and eat it too with a 42 minute limit on albums.

My prediction:

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Princess of China

Up in Flames

Charlie Brown

Us Against the World

Major Minus

Luminous

Alien Radio / U.F.O.

Plus one more track we haven't heard yet.

This tracklist is actually the most plausible one I've seen so far which actually makes me sad because it includes 7 songs that we've already heard live versions of and 4 songs that will have already have studio versions out at the time of the album release. Does this bother anyone else? We've already heard the vast majority of this album before it's been released. Granted the studio versions are bound to sound different from the live versions and hopefully "Major Minus" will have a new mix.

Don't the 42.5 and 490 sound rather precise to you? Like when someone says, "I dunno, 60,001 times" or something along those lines?

I don't think they'd count the number of songs they'd started, just the ones they finished. Perhaps he's saying 42.5 minutes because that's the golden time they wanted Viva to be.

Aaaaaannnddd maybe with a little bit of luck... they'll release slightly more by accident. Like I dunno... 45696 minutes worth.