✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Myloto Xyloto To Have 13 Tracks.

prjio307

I just think it was overproduced all around honestly. I also can't understand why they left out the guitar part during the little section after the first chorus.

True that. I think they need to take out a couple layers of the song! The sirens are absolutely unnecessary.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird though, it seems like MX/Hurts Like Heaven would take the opener spot, but that wasn't even originally the first song they were going to play at shows! They opened Rock im Park with Charlie Brown and played MX/HLH later as if it wasnt the perfect opener! Weird...

I don't get why people feel annoyed at the fact the we have heard "most" of LP5. So it was a first for Coldplay (playing unreleased songs regularly) but lots of bands have done it before and I don't see the problem with that.

Mylo Xyloto

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Up in Flames

Princess of China

Car Kids

Up With the Birds

Major Minus

Us Against the World

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (plz drop this one:angry:)

+2 unknown tracks which dont start with the letter U

i think up in flames, us against the world, up with the birds will definitely be included in LP5. and according to the '3 songs in the album must start with the same letter' rule, there will be no chance for U.F.O or anything like that to make the tracklist.

plus U.F.O sounds really stupid for a name of song

that's exactly what I'm saying! I even remarked "most" because we don't know which songs that were played live will actually make it to the album.

Still, I would be pretty pissed if we don't get a studio version of HLH :\

In my mailbox i received the official name of LP5 and the release date.

But i have to say the title of this album is strange and i think by myself it's a bad title.

i havent listened to the three released new songs for a long while now because i have the idea they become really boring real soon.after a week of the release of those songs i founded it to be really bad songs.

i really hope those songs will not be on the new album.

If I see another one of these pointless tracklistings, I'm going to blow up.

My predicted tracklist:

1. Cartoon Heart

2. Famous Old Painters

3. Spanish Rain

4. U.F.O

5. Wedding Bells

6. Space Symphony

Coming in at 42 minutes, 42 seconds.

Right, so we've heard a high proportion of the album already. The only tracks I really need a studio version of is HLH, Charlie Brown and PoC. The rest I'm not overly fussed about (maybe UAtW too).

I think though, with what everyone is saying about 'hearing the material before the album is released and being bugged by it' vs. 'other bands do it' is that with other bands you'll hear some new material once/twice before the release. With the festival streaming, we've seen all these songs like 10+ times already so they don't feel as new or as exciting.

Not that I'm not looking forward to the 7 or so we've not heard.

I dont see ANY reason why PoC shouldnt be on Mylo Xyloto !!!

All the new songs are great and sound like Coldplay we know but Princess of China is,to me, completly new stuff we never heard of them EVER before(maybe except LiT).

Like they said that theyre not afraid anymore to be more creative and that song is definetly the result of it !

Second,the song is dark but contents kind of a love story which is included on Mylo Xyloto,like Chris said in the Billboard-Interview. So that is also fitting.

Third (but not the best reason) is, that the screen with the new album cover was used at the PoC Performance at Rock im Park,could have done that also with another new song but theyve chosen PoC.

Finally,to me it seems that Princess of China is a quite important song to them and they really like it a lot. So thats why they dont wanted to spoil it that much in the other festivals,for sure they know what is spoken about the song and they like it to keep the secret of it.

So i pray it will make the album and i`m pretty sure it does because there are more Pros than Contras !!!

-posted in PoC Thread as well but i thought it fits in here too ! :)

Phil's tweet is all I needed. I don't know why y'all are in two minds about it (Princess of China,Up in Flames) if the thing is certain. Even if we get'em as B-sides, we'll still have them. It's even better that way because there's more room for some other songs to be on the album.

And whether we get song released on an album, as a B.side or an EP is completely irrelevant. Geez.