✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

(It's out...) Countdown To Paradise Thread (Real time CHATROOM embedded in first post!)

Open-Politik

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote to two people who visited Taratata.

They said about Paradise:

I really liked this song
and later:

in m'y point of view, not really (about comparism to the bigness of Viva la Vida or Clocks) but it's still a good song ....

And the other guy:

it (Paradise) was just amazing ! And Chris was so close to me! Pure emotion !

I was just thinking , I hope they release Spanish Rain as being a b-side of Paradise ... imo it has the same feeling as the new songs like charlie brown ETIAW, Princess of china . A strong beat a happy melody and good guitar riffs ! Who's with me ?

I also dont get what is wrong about being a great radio-song,sorry...we`re now in the MX-Era and not back in the past with Parachutes. Those albums are great but now Mylo Xyloto is going to be released,they had 3 years of hard work with it and that deserves our full respect, if you like their new style or not !

I DO !!! :-)

Us against the world , Moving to mars ... those two could have been straight out of the parachutes era.. so i don't even get what people are on about. MX is going to be their best work yet it has everything

Viva did not immediately strike me as a song as powerful as clocks to be honest...but it turned out to be HUGE radio success. Same can be said about Every Tear: big success as far as I could tell, so I think Paradise will do VERY well indeed...

:P I hadn't even heard of Viva la Vida (or Coldplay for that matter) until a good six months after VlVoDaAHF dropped, so . . .

But, in my humble opinion, Viva isn't as great as Clocks (then again; Clocks was the song that made me fall in love with Coldplay, so I doubt there will ever be a song that's as great as that one :awesome: ) there's just something about Clocks that Viva doesn't have. Don't get me wrong, Viva is great, but Clocks is better :P

So from the songs you've listed:

Clocks > Viva la Vida > Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

And as of now:

Clocks > Paradise > Viva > ETiaW

:nod:

I strongly believe that this song will clearly disappoint us as the second single of MX.

Just my thoughts but please keep it in mind when you listen the song for the first times...

;)

Why would I wanna keep that in mind? I wanna like the song.

I was so disappointed when I first heard ETIAW on the radio and then it quickly grew on me to become a favorite, so even early disappointment is no indication that you will end up disliking the song...

As for Paradise, I can not see how they can possibly spoil it: the 30 seconds clip sounds wonderful to me

^ Well, I think you're wrong :P

I've always listened to new Coldplay songs with high expectations and very rarely have I been disappointed (Actually, I guess the only time I've been disappointed was with ETiaW and even then it was more of a 'meh' feeling)

I also hope that I will be wrong. But keep the expectations a bit lower iPolitik or Viva or Violett Hill.

No, I'm really sure that there will be lots of people who dislike the tune at the beginning - too fresh and different from Parachutes and AROBTTH.