✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Limited edition pop-up Album cost?

FlipBack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good way of representing what you get for the price. I've got some more to help people figure out how much we might be looking at.

07109_114357_Inrainbowsdiscbox.jpg

In 2007, this cost $80 and Radiohead could charge whatever they wanted for it, basically. Now it's $150+ on eBay, so there are the perils of waiting for something like this if you really want it.

radiohead-king-of-limbs-packaging-1.jpg

This cost about $50 this year, but you get quite a bit less than the previous box set.

Julian-Casablancas-Phrazes-For-The-Y-502419.jpg

This one was about $90 in 2009, I think, and actually impossible to find anywhere to buy now (:bigcry:), but I saw it once for $300. The book is probably the most expensive part--other than that, it's 2 CDs, a DVD, a vinyl record, a poster, and a pin. In terms of what you get in the set, I think this seems the most comparable to what MX is going to look like--CD, record, very nice book, maybe one or two other small things.

AAAAC-WTSQIAAAAAAWMLkw.png?v=1308662126000

$135, this year. Ouch.

If they charge $70 for the album they'll charge another 40 for shipping it far away :bomb: :snobby:

Same here. I'll probably buy it no matter what. Any ideas how large/how many pages the booklet will be? :shrug: I've never purchased one of the special limited edition things before.

Mylo Xyloto was produced by Markus Dravs, Daniel Green and Rik Simpson with enoxification and additional composition by Brian Eno. The album will be released in digital, CD and vinyl formats. A special limited edition Pop-Up Album version will also be available, which will include a 12" x 12" hardback book containing graffiti pop-up art designed by David A. Carter, vinyl, CD and exclusive content including photographs, excerpts from the studio diary and the band's personal notebooks.

So 12" x 12"

Anyone bothered to google David A. Carter? His popups are pretty cool. Reminds me of the popup cd of Christmas lights :)

Maybe someone in the USA can buy it for you and keep it safe until your visit :)

I'll do it Lore! If you want to order it to get sent to me, that's fine and I'll give it to you in January :nice:

[/offtopic]

I'm starting to debate the price now--as limited editions go, it's kind of a small one (one CD, assumedly one 12" LP, one book...and it's unclear how the exclusive content will be included). I still think the book itself will keep the price high, and the fact that there's a record included, but maybe it won't really be as high as ~$80 unless the band let EMI steamroll them. Which they might.

Dude my parents are never going to let me get the special edition.

They'll be like "It's a waste of money, you can just get the regular version."

VJIROSVF*#(YRSDJ IUSDU IT'S NOT A WASTE OF MONEY!

I understand them not buying it for you, but what about your own money?

I've yet to decide if it'll be a waste of money (obv depending on cost).

No, since they never released something similar, and I don't even see the point of guessing it, it will come when it will come :shrug:

Edit: The records should be coloured! =)

Marbled purple or green lime or yellow :wacky:

Haha yes, i just want to get it already! :lol: not the first time I used financial aid for coldplay,

Ive used it to pay for my first coldplay concert tickets :P

I mean, what else would you use it for?

Food? School supplies? Rent?

No. Coldplay's a basic human need.

I mean, what else would you use it for?

Food? School supplies? Rent?

No. Coldplay's a basic human need.

It is! :lol:

Haha I can't survive without coldplay :P

financial aid, is to help you out with your needs, and coldplay is definitely something I need! :P