✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying.com WINS! in Best Fansite category - BT Digital Music Awards 2011 (Roundhouse, London -

busybeeburns

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I had such an amazing night! :heart:

Thanks Ian and Jen for letting me go :D And congrats again :kiss: :hug:

Very well said, my dear! :hug: For everyone's wellbeing I hope our speech isn't broadcasted :P *awkward*

The sentiment is all here, though! I love this forum and without it I wouldn't have some of my best friends. So thanks Ian, Jen and everyone who keeps this site going. :heart:

Without you I wouldn't have bought a £40 bottle of Champagne to celebrate! Here's to my poor bank account! :drunk: Coldplaying forever! Can't believe we won. Dear, oh, dear. :wacky:

I'm a bit tipsy so I'm going to go to bed. Thanks for taking me, Mich! Love you :kiss:

I'm working on a quick summary of the night for y'all, I'll post it when I'm done :)

So the evening starts with Anna (AnnaElisabeth) and I arriving at the Roundhouse in Camden at 6pm ready to start supping some free champagne :awesome: however after strutting past the people queuing to get in, to the VIP doors, feeling all that :P the bouncer tells us that we can’t go in until 7.30. :facepalm: I was sure the email Ian had forwarded to me had said doors at 6, dinner at 7, but when we said this to him he told us to come back at 7.30. :shrug:

So we totter off to the pub over the road, which is very nice, but not the kind of place you go to wearing party dresses and heels. :uhoh: Feeling out of place we quickly order some drinks and hide in the corner. After putting the world to rights for an hour or so I decide to double check my emails, which confirmed that we had been told dinner was at 7. Not wanting to miss the free grub we head back to the Roundhouse to show the bouncer the email. Again, he turns us away. He says our tickets don’t permit us entry until 7.30. “But we’re supposed to have dinner” we whine :P We walk away wondering what to do, but we must have looked hungry cos he took pity on us and said we could speak to the organisers inside. :D We tell them we’re from Coldplaying and they admit they’d sent me the wrong tickets and let us in. Woo!

We avoid the red carpet and walk past it instead (The Kaiser Chiefs were being interviewed) and go see where we’ll be sitting. Our table couldn’t be any further away from Coldplay.com’s and briefly wonder if that was at their request :lol:

We arrive at our table and start making introductions:

Us: Hi we’re Anna and Mich

Matchbox 20 forum: Where are you from?

Us: Coldplaying

Matchbox 20 Forum: Oh the winners have arrived!

This was an opinion shared by everyone on our table :wacky: Even the almighty MuseLive (who won last year along with the official Muse site) said that we would walk away with it. We were trying not to get too excited, but it was hard not to. All the guys on our table (we had a McFly forum with us too) were absolutely lovely! :nice: And we had a lovely time chatting whilst we ate the lovely food (Starter: Wild Mushroom Tart. Main: Pork Belly. Dessert(s): Chocolate Brownie, Toffee Apple Tarts, Cheesecake, Lemon Posset, Apple Crumble :awesome:)

I was delighted to find that Rufus Hound was presenting :wacky: Although he was absolutely merciless to those going up on stage :uhoh: The first half of the awards show is a bit of a blur, we were so nervous! I was trying not to think about winning, in case we were disappointed, but also I kinda knew we would somehow. After what seemed like an absolute age it came to our category. As they announced the nominees and Anna and I sat there holding hands and shaking slightly. I don’t think I’ve ever been so nervous!

“And the winner is…COLDPLAYING.COM”

Argggghhhh! We jumped up and screamed like lunatics and everyone turned to look like “woah, chill out” :lol: We were so happy :dance:

“And to accept the award Michelle Britton”

The cameras were pointed on us as we walked the long way to the stage, I was wearing really high heels and was concentrating so hard on not falling over. :lol:

We got up there and I was handed a microphone, I was confident the whole way up, but I have a fear of public speaking and as soon as I got up there I just froze. “Errrrrrr” is what I said before handing the mic to poor Anna :lol: So so so embarrassing. :shame: Anna thanked Coldplay and Ian and Jen and everyone who voted and we quickly got off stage. Rufus was like “awww how nice you guys got to do that” in a nice but piss taking way :lol: (I resisted the urge to hug him when I got up there :wacko:)

Obviously we didn’t have time to tweet we won as it was announced, so sorry for leaving you all hanging. :dozey: We were shaking like mad when we went to sit back down.

Next was Coldplay.com’s category, which obviously they won, when they were announced we stood up and screamed again, figured we’d already made fools of ourselves, plus we were excited for them. :dance:

Their speech consisted of “Er Coldplay are in Brazil, so…thanks from them” hehe, I don’t think they expected to win. Rufus told them a joke:

Q: How long does it take Coldplay to change a lightbulb?

A: Fucking ages *swings arm around like Chris in Fix You* :P

Not long after that Anchorman came over and gave us a hug and congratulated us. :nice: He asked after Ian and we told him he lived in Manchester and couldn’t make it to London on such short notice. He said it was well and truly deserved and long overdue and he was very happy for us. We, of course, congratulated him too.

The awards ended with a really great performance by Ed Sheeran followed by an after party. We were speaking to the guys at MuseLive, they were saying it was nice that Coldplay.com came and congratulated us and told them the two sites have quite a close relationship and he was saying the official Muse board don’t really like them cos they leaked ‘Black Holes and Revelations’ so I told him about VLV leaking in Justin so next time he knows what to do :P

Towards the end of the night I went up to the bar to get some more drinks (something that I now regret :sick2: :P) and as I was waiting someone came up to me and said “oh you’re from Coldplaying right?” it turns out it was someone from Parlophone :D He congratulated us and again said the site was great and the award was long overdue :nice: He was saying how we always get information before anyone else and he’s thinking ‘how do they know that?!’ :awesome: He asked if we were getting info from the Coldplay.com team! :lol: I asked him if he’d heard MX and he said he had and it’s great! :D

Ooops this was really long :shame: I’ll wrap it up by saying we had an AMAZING night and am so so proud of Ian, Jen and Stephen :heart: It really is so deserved and I’m glad they finally got the recognition they deserved :hug:

Few pics:

img1330f.jpg

Outside

IMG_1334.jpg?t=1317375375

The pink carpet (far enough away not to look like a creeper :P)

H00000G1_Doc1.jpg

Us in the programme :D

H00000G0_Doc1.jpg

Menu and award line up

IMG_1336.jpg?t=1317375437

IMG_1346.jpg?t=1317375473

Foooood :wacky:

IMG_1344.jpg?t=1317375567

Anna and Me (it took 96747372722 attempts to get a photo we were both happy with :P)

IMG_1345.jpg

From Left: Matchbox 20 Forum, MuseLive and McFly forum

IMG_1361.jpg?t=1317375359

The award! :wacky:

IMG_1364.jpg?t=1317375706

Close up of inscription

IMG_1366.jpg

Ed Sheeran (who looks alot like Phil in this pic :lol:)

IMG_1374.jpg

thanks for going on our behalf, ladies :D glad you had a great time :kiss: i'm sure the speech is way better than some of those gushy, ick ones you see at the Oscars! :lol:

Mich, your review made me cry (in a nice way)

and people on here dislike the Daily Mail, why? :lol:

This year I even bothered about voting for (every day!) and it seems it paid off ;)

Congrats to Ian & Jen to this fantastic site/forum. So much work is now finally rewarded! :)

Me too, thanks to all the "not so subtle" hints on Twitter, Facebook etc etc every day I voted lots too. :)

Thank you to everyone who makes this site what it is. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be sitting here now having a wonderful time in Germany with Kirsten whom I met through this website "following" The Domino State! I gig down, 3 to go :cool:

PS. Thanks for the lovely review xx

Monday 3rd October on ITV2 from 10:00pm to 11:00pm

Friday 7th October on ITV2 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm

Caroline Flack and Rufus Hound present highlights from the 2011 awards, which celebrate this year's innovations in digital music. Featuring performances from Ed Sheeran, Rizzlekicks, Marina and the Diamonds and Maverick Sabre.

http://www.itv.com/tvguide/search/?tvgBegin=168&tvgListingID=226895766&tvgShowID=3120958&tvgTitle=BT%20Digital%20Music%20Awards%202011&tvgPageNumber=1&tvgEpisodeID=25947026