✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Album will be in two halves?

TwistedPolitik

Have you people never bought vinyls?

This just means what will be on the first side, and then the second side of the album if you buy it on vinyl (arguably how albums are meant to be bought).

ie. Side A, Side B (where do you think the term 'b-side' comes from?).

Yes I do remember buying vinyls hehe But I think the two parts theory really fit with the songs as well and the EP for example was representative of the positive part one (ETIAW) and the "negative" part two (Major Minus), so I think there is enough evidence here to justify the speculation of a two-parts concept story :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Side A is exactly what I expected.

MX / Hurts Like Heaven opens album, Charlie Brown / Us Against The World in the middle and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall ends. Because, I don't know I just felt like that make stories..

If this goes 2 Discs, I'm gonna love Disc 1

Has anybody else noticed that the colours in which the names of the songs in the capital letters just posted by Phil just seem to follow a non-random structure?

I mean it could seem that one colour represents who is the main character of the story in the song...

If it really will be split into two CD's or two halves, it would be awesome if each had a few hidden songs added to the seven songs to make it long enough to be its own CD. So in all they might have 20 songs , with 3 hidden on side A and 3 hidden on side B. I think it'll be a liitle like Pink Floyd's "The Wall" because that had two parts and two CD's, each with quite a bit of music.

I really don't think that the two halves of the album thing is a huge deal--we already know that the album is something of a story and that the tracklisting is vital to the telling of it. Don't stories always have a middle point? And as several have said before, I think the separation has more to do with the vinyl LP release than anything else. I think a lot of musicians still think of albums in terms of halves, even less ambitious story-telling ones than this :shrug:

It makes sense to view MX as two separate halves. The first half seems to be very upbeat and positive, while the second half looks as if it will be the darker side. . .

. . . Maybe the two halves are told from the PoV of our 'characters'? One character narrating the first half and the other character narrating the second?

So there is going to be two albums? Or will it just be split like X&Y? Im so confused :confused:

No no, it should be one whole album. Everyone's just discussing what they think the posted picture with Side A and Side B means..

Definitely would be a nice touch, could even be crucial to how we view the album..

It's a cool concept, whether or not it's what Coldplay had in mind. I could see the first half being told just when the protagonist is joining up with the well-meaning gang (the Car Kids?). The second half would be about the governmental backlash against the gang, possibly years later.

It could be similar to the way they organised VLV. The first part is a happy story that you listen to when your are happy and the second part is dark that you listen to when you are sad. Viva was Viva La Vida when you are happy and Death And All His Friends when you are sad!!! :)