✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get all the "hatred" (maybe that's a bit too harsh). What's wrong about the sound? That it fits perfectly into today's world? That more people than before will like Coldplay? Sorry people, saying that giving 10/10 makes us "12 year olds" is such an easy thing to say...I'm sure Coldplay will have great success with that song, and if you do not like it, bah - are they gonna care? Looking at the votes for the poll, almost half of us are 12 year olds, I'm pretty sure that I don't care about it - I still love the song! :)

I wish I loved it like so many of you do, but I don't. I hate it. I can't give a more coherent reaction than that right now.

If I didn't already know I love CB, HLH, PoC (well the un-Rihanna version, but I'll give it a chance), MM and UATW I'm not sure if I'd be buying the album...

I wish I loved it like so many of you do, but I don't. I hate it. I can't give a more coherent reaction than that right now.

If I didn't already know I love CB, HLH, PoC (well the un-Rihanna version, but I'll give it a chance), MM and UATW I'm not sure if I'd be buying the album...

But that's exactly what differs you from others here - you say it's your opinion, you don't tell us that our opinion is wrong, which is perfectly fine and acceptable!

Kind of off-topic but does anyone know the piano chords for this song?

E, B♭, F, C

(EDIT: JK, totally meant Gminor, B♭, F, C. I'm retarded)

... for the WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE song.

I wish I could like the song, but it's going to have to grow on me. To me it lacks creativity, it lacks depth, it lacks emotional connection. It sounds like pop-fluff.

The fact they'd choose this as a single above Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Major Minus, or Us Against The World is beyond me. I woke up for this...

I'm not bashing the album though. This song is definitely not single material to me, but it could fit nicely in with the flow of things in the future. We'll see... we'll see.

I gave it 8, I've only listened 5 times so far so it might grow on me a bit more too. I don't hate it by any means but I wouldn't agree with the "epic" description that has been bandied about.

I love the strings, very Richard Ashcroft/ The Verve who I am a huge fan of and the oooh oohs are Christmas lights, I think we just have to accept that they are going more MOR. to try and appeal to the masses and maybe as they get older haha

I rated it a 9. When listening to it for the first time I really liked it and was close to goosebumps and feeling like in Heaven. I have had the chorus in my head since hearing it for the first time and think that I can get tired of if by the end of the day, so a 9.

I really liked the melody and the strings.

I've listened 5 or 6 times. Each time I favored it more. The first one minute of the song is beautiful. Very feel good(imagine what the video will be) The middle part is pop, yeah. The last minute or so, when Johnny's guitar kicks in does it for me. I have to admit, it's quite a surprise at the first listens. Until you really give it a better listen. Underneath it all, I still hear Coldplay.

I gave ten. I love the whole song. (I am not good at rating.)

months ago, I thought Coldplay's songs were all strange. after I watched the live concert(through the internet), I was touched by them. everything is gonna be different. and I have a new view to feel.

E, B♭, F, C

... for the WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE song.

I wish I could like the song, but it's going to have to grow on me. To me it lacks creativity, it lacks depth, it lacks emotional connection. It sounds like pop-fluff.

The fact they'd choose this as a single above Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Major Minus, or Us Against The World is beyond me. I woke up for this...

I'm not bashing the album though. This song is definitely not single material to me, but it could fit nicely in with the flow of things in the future. We'll see... we'll see.

Hmm.. I would rather say Dm7, Bb, F, C.. So replace the E-chord with Dm7 and it sounds better.. at least to me :)

...haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, fangirls gonna fan...

COLDPLAY FANGIRL RANTY TIME!

First impression: It's like if Every Teardrop, Viva, and Fix You had a baby. Weird, yes, but definitely listenable, hooky, and tugging-at-your heartstrings anthemic.

I'm liking it, but not loving it. I sorta wish Charlie Brown was the single instead, but I can see why the boys picked this one. It's catchy as fuck, really pretty, and will do well on the pop charts and earn them more Grammy awards. It's good, yes. But is it great? Time will only tell. Haters gonna hate, likers gonna like, lovers gonna love. Coldplay is not a perfect band (how dare I type that!) and Mylo Xyloto, like all their other albums, will not be perfect either. But you gotta love the boys for trying!

Thus concludes my ramble.

BACK TO PARA-PARA-PARADISE...... WHOA-OH-OH-OH-OH~

((So yeah I actually love it, but these are my actual thoughts I had during the first three listens.))

THIS JUST IN:

I have discovered that RIHANNA is guesting vocals on Princess of China.

Seriously, WTF Coldplay? Rihanna? Why not GAGA? :facepalm:

i agree with u to a certain extent, but, everyone knows that making good lyrics is not really the area of expertise of chris martin (in my opinion) :)

Haha I'll agree to a certain extent as well, because he has written work that has once brought me to tears, even if they were incredibly simple. And he has written stuff that is very good. AROBTH (the song) has amazing lyrics. the Viva album in general I found to have amazing lyrics. Just hit my heart, and I'm sold. Give me real, don't give me fake; even if its so simple. Clearly Chris has contradicted himself with this effort. He needs to realize that his loyal fanbase is not full of teenybopper 12 year olds, rather adults and young adults who have grown up with them. :(

I'm quitting this forum until the dust settles. It's getting really annoying.

So True.

stay positive people :D

well, i will post my first and final opinion on the song

what´s the weird about is that more you listen , more you want to listen to it and suddenly you fell in love with it .. so warning: haters dont listen to it, or you will find yourself hooked on the song .. (such a shame)

not the best or let´s say not my favourite of Coldplay, but I do enjoy it and i am pretty sure i will enjoy it live much more ..