✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just a short assesment (later more): At first I didn't like it.

After some listenings the songs grow in me - actually 8/9 of ten points. I'm fascinated how thei envolve their style, fascinated by the brave of Coldplay. Not everybody will like it.

By the way: Its such a shame how some haters behave. Make fun of the song, make it ridicolous. This is so childish! And its not what Coldplay deserves even if the new Single isn't Clocks (no wonder, or?) With regard to postings by Lore and Co. (always the same users!) I have to cry, because this is absolutely not grateful for all their beautiful music (for Lore and Co. "music of the past"). A shame how people with 20.000 + posts sometimes react...

Lore&co? fucking LOL. I've seen lots of newbies saying that the song is crap.

I'd say stop being blind fangirls, Major_love & co.If you want to kiss Coldplay's ass do it but let us post our opinions too.

I think it's an amazing song, and I've listened to it a lot already.

But, I do see that the direction Coldplay are taking are not too everyone's liking. Frankly, they're not too mine either - I would have loved Coldplay to become a lot more darker after X&Y (my favourite Coldplay album), and write more songs like Amsterdam and A Rush Of Blood to the Head with X&Y style production, and VLV was a huge disappointment for me. But MX is shaping up to be much better in my eyes.

I had planned not to listen to it before buying the album, however, after all these comments I caved...planning to be bitterly disappointed. I am thrilled to say that I really, really like it!

I don't listen to commercial radio so I don't know if it sounds like everything else. I like different artists for different things. I don't expect killer lyrics from Coldplay. I expect lovely melodies and this has that. On my first listen, that's what I hear--melody. And I'm a sucker for melody.

Art, all kinds, is personal. We all hear & view things differently. Whether we like or dislike a song has nothing to do with its worth. The only thing that matters is our personal reaction to it.

I'm not 14...I've got a son much older than most of you.

I love the way the song like 'explodes' 30 sec in! :dazzled:

And I absolutely love the song as well, even though AROBTTH is my favourite album by far. This is more upbeat, the bassline is badass and there's soo much good stuff going on! Chris sounds great.

The lyrics, though... I think I've got to actually read them before I make up my mind. But I get the feeling theyre too simple.

I gave it a 9. When I gave it the first listen I was way more confident than with ETIAW- which I thought was horrid in the beggining. 3 months later, ETIAW has grown up on me and I actually enjoy listening to it. Now, the beginning of Paradise is great- violins? Amazing! Yes, it is different that the previous albums but if we see it as a whole even Viva was different than Parachutes. The only thing is that every song I heard of the previous albums I fell in love with. Now I'm a bit sceptical but both Coldplay and us have matured and grown. So it's a new era. Still, great music.

About Paradise, I hated the every tear is a waterfall line- really? Was it necessary? The only thing that could make me hate it (the line) less is if they wrote Paradise first and got inspired by that lyric. Still... fail. The para- para- paradise is ok... I guess. But I agree that a long paradise would be way better.

But all in all, I like it. A bit more pop, different but still Coldplay. :)

i liked the melody, but hate lyrics, i expected something more, some vibe of the sorts of Vangelis, and so far no 'wave'... that was a bit disappointing, i'm with Rudy on this, so far from 100 points (shall be 140 = 14 tracks) of interest about the new album mine has lowered 30 points at least... i reckon i'm waiting more for other new album releases in October.

i like that coldplay experiment and don't get stuck and all that but, but God that seems it'll be a Pectoralz album after all (remember chris thought to do a boy band with that name, well seems to me he is at it now).

* misses AROBTTH sound *

talking about collabs -a bit off topic- i'd prefer this one featured Enya, indeed that and a Vangelis vibe would had been Paradise listen to me really.

I'm smelling this album will be all Pop-like :disappointed: good for the new fans, but meh for the old who got into them thanks to their two first albums.

where is their saying they wanted to make the fans proud to be Coldplay fans? if i liked them is cause they weren't as manufactured pop at all. this new sound, so bad lyrics doesn't make me be a proud Coldplay fan at all.

sorry if is hard comment and they are reading it, but i'm being totally honest. i can't rate the song.

I'm not going to go so far as to call them "sell-outs," and I really have no reason to believe the new direction is anything other than what the band wants.

But this is the first time I've heard a new Coldplay song and felt truly indifferent. I've listened to Paradise twice, and really that's enough. It's not a grower--it's a skipper. Coldplay can do "pop," and satisfy me. Viva la Vida is pop. Lost! is pop. But there is an element of songwriting put into those tracks that's lacking here.

Considering that Paradise would be the worst song on Parachutes, AROBTTH, and VLV (and pretty close to the worst on X&Y), I'll give it a 2.

If you're sceptical but gave it a nine then I'll just assume you are using a 1-20 scale. What's your favorite coldplay song? is it just 1 point better than Paradise in your opinion?

I meant that I'm being sceptical in general about the new album. When it came to the previous albums I was never let down by the music. Now I'm a bit afraid that the new experiments might not be what I was expecting.

I gave Paradise a 9 out of 10 because except for the ETIAW mention, it made me feel really good listening to it and I think it's better than the songs of MX that I've heard so far (ETIAW, MTM, MM- I avoid listening to the live ones).

Maybe I'll change my mind later, but for a first listen I though it's great. I mean, Mylo Xyloto is not out for another month. Maybe they are keeping the really great music for the actual album. ;)

Now for a favourite song- that's a difficult thing to schoose. I love many songs from each album but if I had to choose one I'd say-with great difficulty- Life in Technicolor ii.